Some still find it hard to get a GF in TAiwan

Came across this vid. Poor guy, is he trying too hard or just doing it all wrong?

youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1Cb6k2 … re=related

Lay on ur advice for the newbies in such a situ in case any of em are watching

:roflmao:

The guy who made that video is awesome.

It’s very simple:

Do you speak Chinese? Then every girl in Taiwan is your oyster.

You don’t speak Chinese? Hello, welcome to celibacy.

Unless you seriously want to talk to the Foreigner Groupie crowd. Ugh. Those women go through men like tampons. Not exactly my type. If I meet a girl here in Taiwan and her English is a little too good, my only option is to run away.

I know some Taiwanese women who have never had a boyfriend (and are virgins) but who speak English quite well. I also teach a bunch of kids who obviously haven’t slept around, yet they speak English better than most adults here. The afore-mentioned women I know are probably just the grown-up versions of those kids.

And some who are NOT virgins who were educated in the USA who speak better english then you do probably.

Don’t get ahead of yourself. Along with plenty of other Forumosans, I would say I speak better English than 99.9999% of Taiwanese.

Don’t get ahead of yourself. Along with plenty of other Forumosans, I would say I speak better English than 99.9999% of Taiwanese.[/quote]

Uhm… my “you” was not in “you” as in YOU YOU< but rather a generic “you” ,

comprendez -vous?

Hard to believe he can’t find a date in Taipei. He would really be screwed if he ventured south to some smaller cities.

You can’t be serious. :slight_smile: Did you take a look at the guy? Oh wait, he’s probably reading this now…

Sorry dude you look great, maybe I’ll meet you someday and we can have a coffee together.

I hope this is only part 1 in a multi-part series of video vignettes detailing the life of foreign losers in Taiwan. Come interview me next please!

[quote=“Quentin”]It’s very simple:

Unless you seriously want to talk to the Foreigner Groupie crowd. Ugh. Those women go through men like tampons. Not exactly my type. If I meet a girl here in Taiwan and her English is a little too good, my only option is to run away.[/quote]

My favourite pickup line is going up to a girl and telling her i’m the director of a french musical with a ametuer musical society. Then you ask her if she can sing, then she has to show you. Then if she’s good enough you tell her you might have a part for her and get her number.

I’m still trying to find a french KTV joint where i can tell all these lovely ladies they can come to the “final audition”.

Probably a wise move on your part, according to my old lady, who says you’re not so big she can’t put you over her knee and give you a sound spanking, and who also points out that you won’t NEED to run away from a girl who can understand what you say, as she’ll be busy running away herself.
Honestly dude, you hang around in bars, get absolutely blootered and start on your mysoginistic, self-esteem-lacking, ignorant, racist morose blathering (if your frequent drunken postings on here are anything to go by, at least), then wonder why no girls want to go near you? :unamused:

this is a hoax, right?
You made the video and that is you, because you want more dates?
no foreign men have probs getting dates here.
You get all the adoration you can handle, even if you’re ugly as sin.
I feel sorry for the foreign ladies here though!
Or maybe foreign men who want to have a substantive conversation.

Don’t feel sorry. My old ball and chain is WAY smarter than I am and has FAR better English then me, most of the time. WAY smarter than any foreign womyn I’ve run into here as well. More fun, too. And better-looking, to boot.

Don’t feel sorry. My old ball and chain is WAY smarter than I am and has FAR better English then me, most of the time. WAY smarter than any foreign womyn I’ve run into here as well. More fun, too. And better-looking, to boot.[/quote]

And she married the Sandman! Trust me he is NOT a looker! (No Offense bud). :notworthy:

Don’t feel sorry. My old ball and chain is WAY smarter than I am and has FAR better English then me, most of the time. WAY smarter than any foreign womyn I’ve run into here as well. More fun, too. And better-looking, to boot.[/quote]

Umm, don’t let Buttercup hear you say that.

Don’t feel sorry. My old ball and chain is WAY smarter than I am and has FAR better English then me, most of the time. WAY smarter than any foreign womyn I’ve run into here as well. More fun, too. And better-looking, to boot.[/quote][/quote]

Umm, don’t let Buttercup hear you say that.[/quote]

Too easy. But also dull and unpleasant. So I’ll take a pass, if you don’t mind. :bow:

[quote=“Quentin”]It’s very simple:

[/quote]

Help me out here, does someone pay you to talk out your ass?
Do they cover the cost of the special pants?

[quote=“Quentin”]
Unless you seriously want to talk to the Foreigner Groupie crowd. Ugh. Those women go through men like tampons.[/quote]
Sooo, let me get this straight.
Every foreign male/local female pairing where the woman’s English is better than the man’s Chinese, in each of those situations, the woman is a “Foreigner Groupie” who goes “through men like tampons”, is that right?
So that would include the Mrs. Sandman, irishstu, Dragonbones, Maoman, and, of course, the chief, and numerous others, am I getting this right?
I just want to make sure I understand exactly what you’re calling my wife here.
So as to, you know, properly gauge my response, like.

Guess what? I got another situation in which your only option will be to run away.

Pigfuckers aside, my favourite Internet writer (actually, one of the few I ever read, given the general quality or lack thereof-there’s a reason it’s free), who, aside from being a superb writer, is a pretty smart cookie all round, is a young lady of British origin who’s been living in Vietnam for quite some time.
If you want to know more about her, PM me.
Maybe I’ll tell you where to find her stuff.
She had this to say about the whole tired :flog: old White/Western Wimminz in Asia can of worms:

To paraphrase my Great Uncle Yakov “Just when you think you’re devaluing someone else, take a look around, someone’s devaluing you.”

It works better in Yiddish.

The people ‘involved’ always say the same stuff. Not sure why. Tribalism is bad, in all its forms. When will people stop taking an interest in what people not themselves are spreading their legs for?

[quote=“Namahottie”]
Umm, don’t let Buttercup hear you say that.[/quote]
The day Buttercup describes herself as a womyn is the day I eat my chapeu.

Short answer might be that most people aren’t spreading their legs for what they would like (or at least think they would like) to be spreading their legs for, and they think that what the other people are spreading their legs for is closer to what they themselves wish they were spreading their legs for, whether that happens to be accurate or not.
And us guys, you know, we don’t really need to spread our legs.
Unless we’re wearing baggy old gym shorts in mixed company.
Or the blessed kilt.
Chicks DIG the kilt.