Some still find it hard to get a GF in TAiwan

[quote=“the chief”]
Chicks DIG the kilt.[/quote]

They don’t, y’know. Other than those creepy weird Scot fetishists.

Me, I do Scots like tampons. Only when I’m on the rag and severely irritated/weepy. And to be honest, I’d rather have ice-cream and some new shoes. They’re fine; you just have to remember to change them often. And remember ladies, if you like a certain kind, bring 'em with you; although they are even available in the 7-11 now, there’s only one kind available in Taiwan, although I believe there are nicer ones to be had in TienMu.

NOW you’re talking. Never yet met a Scot’s lass I’d prefer to a nice new pair of hobnailed brogues.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“the chief”]
Chicks DIG the kilt.[/quote]

They don’t, y’know. Other than those creepy weird Scot fetishists.

Me, I do Scots like tampons. Only when I’m on the rag and severely irritated/weepy. And to be honest, I’d rather have ice-cream and some new shoes. They’re fine; you just have to remember to change them often. And remember ladies, if you like a certain kind, bring 'em with you; although they are even available in the 7-11 now, there’s only one kind available in Taiwan, although I believe there are nicer ones to be had in Tianmu.[/quote]

Reminds me of the tired old saw that used to circulate when I was a lad working the supermarket trade.
Cashier needs a price on a box of Tampax (one brand of tampon, I’m not sure if they got them in the Yook), so she calls on the intercom “Can I get a price on the Large box of Tampax?”
Young Carl the stockboy, attempting to be helpful, comes sprinting to the front.
Problem is, with the crappy PA system, he thinks she’s asked for a price check on thumbtacks!
So he comes running up, and right there, in front of the customer, G_d, and everyone, he says

“OK, which kind, the kind you shove in with your thumb, or the kind you pound in with a hammer??”

:roflmao:

Thanks, I’m here all week…

You got a Stooges smilie?

Now I wanna
Be your dog

Freaked out, for another day.

[/quote]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I just peed.
Down both legs…

Why?

You!
Cow!
Shut it!
Smart like!

You!
Cow!
Shut it!
Smart like![/quote]

I’s just asking! It’s a pic of a lady with a record sleeve instead of her face. I’m just wondering why you soiled yourself. If it’s a private joke, that’s OK, I was just wondering.

Which part of Taiwan ?

You asked for a Stooges smiley. Iggy was frontman for the Stooges. He’s smiling. Now laugh.

[quote=“the chief”]Sooo, let me get this straight. Every foreign male/local female pairing where the woman’s English is better than the man’s Chinese, in each of those situations, the woman is a “Foreigner Groupie” who goes “through men like tampons”, is that right?
So that would include the Mrs. Sandman, irishstu, Dragonbones, Maoman, and, of course, the chief, and numerous others, am I getting this right?[/quote]Um, not to take away from your point, which I agree with, but my Chinese was waaaay better than V’s English when we first met. She’s a fast learner, though, so she has since overtaken me by a far distance.

To paraphrase my Great Uncle Yakov “Just when you think you’re devaluing someone else, take a look around, someone’s devaluing you.”

It works better in Yiddish.[/quote]
Yes, and sometimes it’s not until you’ve married them that you realize you’ve married a complicated individual, not a stereotype. Works both ways. Hopefully both parties will end up liking the reality, not just the image.
I’ve met some foreign men, though, who seemed shocked when their cute, submissive girlfriend magically transformed into a control freak after marriage. One fellow teacher at Kojen complained that his wife was turning into a typical middle-aged Taiwanese woman (which is not what he wanted, I guess.)

Which part of Taiwan ?[/quote]

All parts of the island. Why?

Which part of Taiwan ?[/quote]

All parts of the island. Why?[/quote]
Because all Taiwanese women who can speak English are sluts. Which is the only reasons losers like us can snag them. Or so goes the sad pathetic litany. Thus has it ever been. Xenophobia, racism, pig-ignorance is ingrained in some people. Those same people are also probably the ones who describe all foreign women here as fat, bitter and – sorry, what was the other thing again – oh yeah, unable to find a man.
Stupid monobrowed arseholes for whom most people can barely muster a contemptuous sneer.

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“the chief”]Sooo, let me get this straight. Every foreign male/local female pairing where the woman’s English is better than the man’s Chinese, in each of those situations, the woman is a “Foreigner Groupie” who goes “through men like tampons”, is that right?
So that would include the Mrs. Sandman, irishstu, Dragonbones, Maoman, and, of course, the chief, and numerous others, am I getting this right?[/quote]Um, not to take away from your point, which I agree with, but my Chinese was waaaay better than V’s English when we first met. She’s a fast learner, though, so she has since overtaken me by a far distance.[/quote]

Sorry, your English is so shitty that, you know, I assumed…

Well, you got my first laugh of the day.

It’s also a myth that it’s easy for all western guys to get Taiwanese girlfriends. If you lack confidence you will experience exactly the same problems here that you did in your home country. My friend was single for almost a year after arriving here. He’s shy around women.