Sometimes I Hate the People I Work With (Weiyas)

Go smerf, go!

My school’s wei ya is tomorrow. Today they hauled me into a classroom and told me (a white guy) that I’m going to dress up as a woman and pretend to read the news in Chinese.

WTF??

I mean,

WTF??

[quote=“FearsomeOrange”]My school’s wei ya is tomorrow. Today they hauled me into a classroom and told me (a white guy) that I’m going to dress up as a woman and pretend to read the news in Chinese.

WTF??

I mean,

WTF??[/quote]

Your color is irrelevant. It is your gender that makes this request/demand intolerable (IMO).

Anyway, I’d say no.

I’d ask to see where in your employment contract it specifically stipulates that you must dress in women’s clothing.

I’d tell them doing so is against your religion.

I wouldn’t do it.

You know, when I first read “your color is irrelevant” I thought you were riffing on my username.

d’uh.

Yeah, I told them that if dressing as a woman was a requirement to attending they could safely assume I’d be staying home. Who comes up with these idiotic ideas anyway? The whole “wei ya as amateur night” thing just irritates the hell out of me.

I’m not sure what they have planned now. I am the only male at this school (if you don’t count uncle, the hammer weilding fix-it man), which adds to the strangeness of the whole thing.

Just give me my hong bao and let me go home.

Why even bother telling them? Save yourself the trouble and just have a bout of diarrhea that night.
What a bunch of arseholes they must be.

wei ya’s are great.
The tai-tais’ company had theirs last night.
She won a 31" LCD TV.

I’m friggin’ amazed. :smiley:

Ok, so here is how the wei ya went.

There were a total of 4 performances, my group was the first to perform. I put my cat woman mask on, wrapped a feather boa around my neck and went on stage with my group. :beatnik:

We played 3 songs, the first of which was

Did you win anything?

And is it common for people to bring their fathers to wei yas? (Not that anyone at your firm is complaining. In fact, I’m thinking about suggesting we invite that guy’s father to OUR wei ya next year…)

This thread is still worthless without pictures! :smiley:

Give it time, HDG. With all those people, all those cell phones with cameras, we’re bound to get some bootleg media of smerf-the-bongoing-catwoman at some point… :wink:

I had to do a flower magic show trick in front of some government dignitaries for my wei-ya. :blush: I made sure I drank two bottles of wine before donning the sombrero and cape.

I

[quote=“Chewycorns”]I had to do a flower magic show trick in front of some government dignitaries for my wei-ya. :blush: I made sure I drank two bottles of wine before donning the sombrero and cape.

I

[color=red]See smerf’s outfit…[/color]

[color=green]See smerf’s outfit and cat mask…[/color]

[color=indigo]See smerf havin a real go at his bongo…[/color]

Give it time, HDG. With all those people, all those cell phones with cameras, we’re bound to get some bootleg media of smerf-the-bongoing-catwoman at some point… :wink:[/quote]

Told you. :slight_smile:

Nice paparazzi work there 914!

[color=red]See smerf’s outfit…[/color]

[color=green]See smerf’s outfit and cat mask…[/color]

[color=indigo]See smerf havin a real go at his bongo…[/color]
[/quote]

914, how did you get these photos? What’s going on here? Mods! Admin! This is outrageous!! I’m suing!! Tigerman! Hobbes! MT! This cannot stand, there must be some sort of privacy right infringement going on here!! Can’t a man dress in a cat woman mask, don a feather boa and prance on stage to the beat of a woeful Stevie Wonder song without having his image displayed to the laughing masses?!! I

I was incredible.

[quote=“Hobbes”]

Told you. :slight_smile:

Nice paparazzi work there 914![/quote]

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: