SpaceX Falcon Heavy 🚀

When Falcon Heavy lifts off, it will be the most powerful operational rocket in the world by a factor of two. With the ability to lift into orbit nearly 64 metric tons (141,000 lb)—a mass greater than a 737 jetliner loaded with passengers, crew, luggage and fuel–Falcon Heavy can lift more than twice the payload of the next closest operational vehicle, the Delta IV Heavy, at one-third the cost.

Falcon Heavy Animation

The first test flight of Falcon Heavy is now targeted for Tuesday, Feb. 6th at 3:05 PM ET from Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

Live Stream

7 Likes

I love spaceX. It’s amazing what they’ve been able to accomplish.

It’s a beautiful thing watching that launch. One step closer to living on Mars…

Brilliant stuff.

Elon is insane. In a good way. But definitely insane.

1 Like

I admire Elon. His ambitions are crazy, but every time he pushes the limit.

The government owned space agencies around the world will have a hard time explaining why, with a much higher budget and more time, they can not achieve similar results. Seriously, ESA pack up Ariane and put it in a museum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8wxV-lUsZg

2 Likes

I imagine he views the rest of humanity as incorrigibly lazy.

Seems the only thing that went wrong was the center core missing the landing pad.

Unfortunately the center core was lost. It was also brand new. The two boosters that landed were being reused. Landing a rocket on a ship is quite difficult.
Still, overall great success and the future for SpaceX looks very bright.

The reusable side boosters for Falcon Heavy simultaneously landing on their own. Meanwhile in Washington, Nancy Pelosi holds the floor of the House of Representatives for more than eight hours and Trump wants a military parade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fqsARYfrU

5 Likes

Kids born today MIGHT be doing trips to the moon and back. What do you all think?

Screw the kids, wheres my ticket ?

2 Likes
1 Like

This is beautiful :rocket: :rocket:

Third booster landed successfully at sea platform

1 Like

Third booster landed?

Wow, this is new to me!!
I really got different news
I understood two boosters landed successfully on earth
Okay, this is clear, I have the visual
But what about the third one, which was the most modified Falcon ?
What is your photo?
Please, can you confirm? a link will be awesome

This was from the latest Arabsat-6A mission.
The third booster did land successfully. It was later damaged while being brought back due to rough seas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXMGu2d8c8g

2 Likes

Launch time

City :cityscape: Time zone :earth_americas: Offset to UTC :stopwatch: Targeted T-0 local time :rocket: Date :calendar:
Taipei CST UTC+8 14:30 June 25

jpg%20large
D9X_7TOWkAULFXw

Lot of facts

:ballot_box_with_check: This will be the 80th SpaceX launch.

:ballot_box_with_check: This will be the 3rd Falcon Heavy launch.

:ballot_box_with_check: This will be the 2nd Falcon Heavy Block 5 launch.

:ballot_box_with_check: This will be the 1st Falcon Heavy launch using reused side boosters from a previous FH mission.

:ballot_box_with_check: This will be the 18th SpaceX launch from Kennedy Space Center LC-39A.

:ballot_box_with_check: This will be the 2nd Falcon Heavy launch this year.

:ballot_box_with_check: This will be the 8th SpaceX launch this year.

:ballot_box_with_check: This will be the 1st journey to space of the brand new Block 5 center core B1057.

:ballot_box_with_check: This will be the 2nd journey to space of the flight-proven Block 5 side boosters B1052 and B1053.

4 Likes

This one carries Taiwan’s FormoSat6. It’s about to happen.

2 Likes

taipeitimes today says #7, and supposedly will ‘“stun the world” with the precision of weather data collected’.
I think @Hanna just needs stunning confirmation of whether typhoons will tool the island this summer

Last year we’ve had:

“This lack of rain could lead to a drought period in Yilan” → 1200mm+ of rain that caused flooding basically everywhere in the region

“The previous Winter was very cold, so Summer will be very hot and many typhoons will come to Taiwan” → nope.jpg

I do believe better tools are needed, so hopefully FormoSat7 will reduce the amount of meteorological disappointments I suffer.