Spam

Yup. Grill the spam on a decent temp to get the maillard reaction going. Last minute toss in some sugar and soy sauce to coat. Add to sushi rice and nori. Simple and it explains why it is such a highly sought-after dish in Hawaii.

1 Like

But this bowl is different: despite being topped with two pink slabs of luncheon meat, it doesn’t actually contain any animal products. The “spam” is vegan, a meat-free alternative developed by OmniFoods

I don’t know what came over me but I was lying in bed and then I had this huge desire for protein and all I could find was
this can somewhere in the back of the cabinet

and it’s kind of wonderful :weight_lifting_man:

How did you cook it?

This is how I eat spam. Pan fry it till it’s golden.

5 Likes

Ha, ha! So Korean.

1 Like

Did you season it?

I think he’s half.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. So am I. I like spam but I’ve never had it with Korean side dishes like that. It cracks me up. It’s also a bit of a throwback from the 90s and (much) earlier, unless Koreans are still doing this.

Cook? It was a midnight (2 a.m.) snack so I just ate it as it with some giant olives.

Koreans will be doing this until the end of time.

1 Like

That looks goooood

I’ve been through about two cans of spam in about two weeks having 2 or 3 slices every few days.

It’s wonderful at first and then gets old really quick and it’s salty and unhealthy.

I’m off of spam except for late night emergencies unless I can find Tocino supposedly the best tasting.

It’s a Filipino flavor.

Making me hungry at 1230am. I pan-fry until it’s a little bit brown on both sides

1 Like

It’s really good with instant ramen. I always put some in my shinramen

Not Spam.

If you brown enough in a frying pan can go with some eggs okay.

Any better suggestions?

Tulip Premium Pork Luncheon Meat