Spangles

I’d kill for a spangle right now.

What’s a spangle?

They’re not called Spangles anymore. And do you remember the balck ones? That tasted of liquorice or something? I bet you wouldn’t kill for one of those. And they cut your tongue if you sucked too hard.
Opal Fruits. Now THERE was a sweetie worth its salt.

Spangles? Always thought you were more of a dipper, in a licorice stick and a sherbert dib dab kind of way, of course.

Bloody moron. They were called Sherbet Fountains. Dip Dabs had a silly fruit lolly instead of a liquorice stick and were far inferior.

They were the best ones! Weirdo. :loco:

I get those in G & G all the time, so I don’t crave those.

How about one of those ice cream blocks that you had to sandwich between two wafers? Mmm. …

In my experience, it was always the rough kids who liked those.

Licorice Allsorts - now that’s my kind of sweet … get them in Jason’s, though.

http://www.treasureislandsweets.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
When’s pocket money day again?

Sherbert dips were strong stuff, I got high on that. Not the licorice bit obviously. I sucked that bit.

I thought spangles were the little thingies strip dancers use to cover their nipples to comply with blue laws.

Stray Dog has drawersful of those already, though. No need for him to kill for that kind.

I work hard for the money.

‘Bunty, Vimto and Spangles were always crap. Regardless of the look-back bores. I tell ya, it’s a CURSE’ The Fall.

Liquorice sucks big time. Dip Dabs were way better, and only 5p. Sherbet fountains were cool 'cos I could swap the stick with by brother for something better and still get to cover myself in Sherbet.

Best Sweets though were Curlywurly, flying saucers and of course cola bottles (the fizzy ones). Honourable mentions to Starwars chewing gum cards although the gum sucked, and Jelly Babies which remain a classic.

My family had some sweet shops. So nerner!

Sherbet lemons were the best. Old skool, but the best.

Liquorice is GREAT, by the way, so EA, you are wrong.

Stop right there; we have a winner!

Mmm … Curly Wurly …

[quote=“Buttercup”]My family had some sweet shops. So nerner!

Sherbet lemons were the best. Old skool, but the best.

Liquorice is GREAT, by the way, so EA, you are wrong.[/quote]
Real ones? With all the big jars of sweeties on the shelves? And that sweetie shop smell to them? Clove balls, cinnamon balls, soor plooms, sherbet lemons, all those things? Fantastic!

Yup. When I got old, they turned them into newsagents’ shops. Bah.

Buttercup, does that explain why you are so well informed? Did you get to read the papers every morning for free?

Am I the only one that has no idea what you guys are going on about?
Did anyone answer the question: What’s a f#$%ing spangle?