Spanish Surfer Stabbed by 'Fishermen' in Kenting

Funny how Taipei Times censors the attackers full names but not the full name of the victim! Well done Jason Pan from Taipei Times!

We know the full names from court filings.

12 Likes

Sentences shouldā€™ve been much longer (and I wasnā€™t even a huge fan of this Ignacio guy when he posted hereā€¦ but 3-6 years for attempted murder is freakin ridiculous).

8 Likes

I apologize for my part in the error. Iā€™ve edited my earlier post to conceal the victimā€™s name and nationality.

Jack, I quoted your post because it had the full names of the perpetrators.

1 Like

Thanks, but I still think it was a mistake (I think, or suspect, per the boardā€™s policyā€“it may even be a rule here, for all I know) for me to post the victimā€™s name, for reasons that, if disclosed, would compound my error. :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t saw this before, yes taiwan ā€œthird world countryā€ Spain its very modern country!!!

http://www.iwab.org/ArticlesEng.html

1 Like

I donā€™t disagree. Itā€™s sad, though, that THAT is the lesson from all this. Sad but true.

Smile and walk away. Let the locals deal with the crazies.

Were they fishermen or ā€˜fishermenā€™? The people that fish to kill time and chew some betelnut while consuming Gaoliang and Wisby.

2 Likes

Ignacio is my husband. The attackers were not fishermen. They were truck drivers who hated surfers so they targeted surfing areas to throw fishing lines there to bother the surfers. They were as Belgian pie said The people that fish to kill time and chew some betelnut while consuming Gaoliang and Wisby.
In the end the have to servre 6 years, 5 years, 3.5 and 3.5 years and they were ordered to pay 1,050,000 NTD to my husband. The criminal case is over but the civil case is still in the appeal process as my husband had requested 2million and the defendants wanted less. In the end they were scared in the court rooms. My husband did not have a lawyer and he represented himself in all courts so they realized that they had mess with the wrong guy. If it is not for my husband they would have gone free as the police tried to help the defendants and the prosecutors proved to be useless. However my husband collected critical evidences and filed many documents that were able to expose the truth. My husband told me that in the first trial they were looking at him trying to intimidate him but after they got their first conviction they changed and they started to show who they really were: 4 cowards who needed to attack together and with weapons in a brutal and coward way. Otherwise they would not have stand a chance.
The civil case will be over this year and my husband will collect money from these 4. This and their prison sentences make it like a really huge mistake they made for something that didnt really give them anything, because they didnt know my husband and they didnt earn nothing neither. What a stupid way to go to prison and have to pay that money. Account of a guy they didnt know and they will never see again.
Here are some recent articles:
https://news.ltn.com.tw/amp/news/society/breakingnews/3143650?fbclid=IwAR2DfcBIF_Fnb6-GDdqadI9MvhwgjAcCVfHW-i5xTwidYpjE1M9cyzgbJwo

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2020/07/31/2003740884

37 Likes

Iā€™m very happy to hear about this. Iā€™m sure there was a lot of physical pain, physical pain during rehabilitation, and maybe even some pain now that we donā€™t know anything about. Iā€™m sure there were many nights of lost sleep, and anger that you and your husband had to somehow come to grips with. Iā€™m very, very happy that these worthless fake gangsters have to pay for their idiotic actions.

7 Likes

And hopefully they do end up coughing up the money. Theyā€™re probably rushing to put any assets they own under someone elseā€™s name.

5 Likes

About that, it will be very difficult to get the money, but try everything in your power to get data from all that they own, like tax filings, real estate, salary, bank accounts, even from their spouses. A lot is available at government offices.

8 Likes

These people are just the worst Taiwan has to offer. They were probably the ones threatening violence when Korean Fish was recalled.

1 Like

So sorry to hear that you and your husband and family have to experience this.

1 Like

Thank you Marasan. And thank everyone for your hearts and information.

8 Likes

Glad that justice was served, as far as I can see. What a waste of life for them.

2 Likes

Now in 2020 we have seen a lot of police mis-action in the USA. And we are still dealing with them.

The bull runs have resulted in human deaths and abuse to animals. Itā€™s time for these things to end. We should try as humans to be less barbaric. Throwing goats off buildings are also seen by many as barbaric. Bull fighting is abuse of animals and should end. Because of the abuse to the bulls, i actually donā€™t feel bad when a bullfighter gets killed. And I donā€™t want to feel that way but I do.

I once bought some cheap equipment and went fishing in Wanli. Caught some small fish. The ones that didnā€™t eat the hook and could survive I let go. I think it is abuse to animals to fish now. As most of the fish are so small one is not going to eat them so its a waste of fish life.

But I can see it as something to do for a few hours . Many of these wannabe fishermen catch virtually nothing even for hours and with fancy equipment.

back on topic. Sorry what happened to NachoPR and his family. What an ordeal.

They deserved their jail sentences. Hope they dont get any time off early. They should be paying 10 million NT fine instead of a paltry 1 million, which is only about 30k USD.

1 Like