Spanish Surfer Stabbed by 'Fishermen' in Kenting

#luckyifhesrecognisedastheHowieMandeloftheflob

Fucking Cossacks

Jail for these thugs.

Wouldn’t they more likely be Mongols?

Yes 100% . It can go up or down dramatically. And cause the judges tend to be buddies well…
Many gangsters pay off the public prosecutors so it never gets to court anyway.

1 Like

In Taiwan if both parties appeal, then the sentence can go up or down, but if let´s say only the defendants appeal, then there can only be a reduction. In most countries is as you guys say (no need for both parties to appeal for the verdict to go up and down), but in Taiwan is as I mentioned above. I have been informed on this by two different lawyers here in Taiwan. I think that this is so unfair to the victims (as with so many other things like providing the victim´s full name and address to the defendants, or providing full names of witnesses to the defendants), but it is the way it is. The judicial system has some holes, but the judges are fair, they apply the law fairly. Not as the Taiwanese police that they are rotten to the core.

6 Likes

I’d agree that yes the judges I have come across here are generally fair, especially to westerners However, the cops well they can be fair at times , but if your beef is with say a medium.or high ranking member of a gang like the Bamboo Union then generally
you’re done for. Pretty much get any evidence uploaded to cloud , kept by people in another country etc.
Luckily most gangsters here are plastic gangsters who act hard at night but sell cell phones by day, but an owner of let’s say a popular KTV, or night club will be one or at least connected to them.
Did you know some cops free lance in night clubs as negotiators when.gangs go at it, they get paid by the club to keep it peaceful.as a peaceful club means more profit.

The single most important thing for a country to be able to prosper is for it to have strong institutions out of corruption. Poor countries are plagued with it while rich countries have the strongest institutions. Taiwan is above the middle range in all of this, but it still has some work to do. I would start by cleaning up their police force. Surely there will be good guys there, but surely they don´t want to tell on their partners. I would say Taiwan´s police is made of good guys bad guys and lazy guys. I heard big cities do better here, but no doubt about it Hengchun is rotten to the core.

1 Like

You could say the same about the USA.

What I encountered with the Hengchun police is unseen these days in the US. All detectives there working together with one goal: helping the attackers in an illicit manner so that the attackers get clear of what they did. They knew the wrong that the attackers have done, but helping them was more important that helping the victim. And when I say all detectives, I say all of them. Too long to tell now, but if you want I tell how after I comeback from the beach today.
I lived in the US for 16 years and I never felt discriminated there. The police have stronger tools to deal with crime and that makes a stronger society in the end.

6 Likes

One might have thought that after various waves of democratization there’d be some change. But that shit don’t change, I guess

Probably because you’re not black. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh please

1 Like

This could be continued in Temp. There is a suitable thread now,

Never mind

In the US there is a large number of black cops, politicians, etc… The system does not discriminate against blacks (unlike Taiwan). One reality is that many black choose to follow the gangsta life, but those who don´t can go as high as anyone else there (ex: Obama).

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: From fisherman

Try saying that again in 2020

2 Likes

From today’s Taipei Times (now edited to conceal the victim’s name and nationality–and I apologize for my error):

–Jason Pan / Staff reporter, “Four men heading to jail for 2017 assault on surfer”

14 Likes

The lesson here is don’t mess with fisherman’s lines, nets, livelihood. They might go to jail later, but that won’t stop them from mucking you up to within a breath of your life first.

1 Like