Sporting Gloats

I think it’s a good idea to have a thread where you can just tell the community how good your team is, or how crap they are for that matter. Whether it be Aussie Rules Footy, Rugby, Gaelic Football, Cricket, American Football, Soccer (football), Baseball, Ice Hockey :unamused:, basketball or even tennis, let it all out here.

I’ll start it off by saying that Matty Hayden is belting the Zimbabwe pace attack around the WACCA in history making style. He’s smashing all kinds of records on his way to an unbeaten 320 with 50 overs left on the 2nd day. Go Aussie :smiley:

He bloody did and all:

Matthew Hayden celebrates scoring a triple century, on his way to 376 not out. Getty Images

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s964207.htm

Mind you I hate Aussie crickerters. I am, as has been well established an Aussie, but there’s something about that wanker ‘Warnie’ taking baked beans to India that did something for me. The Waugh brothers on the other hand . .

Best cricketing moment. Sri Lanka winning the world one day final in India. They played a brilliant match against India in Calcutta. The locals were none too pleased, burning seats and stopping just short of turning the whole event into an outrageous riot. Excellent!

HG

sadly, he just fell for 380.

However, you guys forget to mention…

THE HIGHEST TEST SCORE IN CRICKETING HISTORY!!!

… and to think, a couple of years ago they were writing him off as a ‘never-will-be’… :?

AWOL. we didn’t forget, it was bloody obvious to everybody, even the yanks would get that wouldn’t they? :wink:

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]AWOL. we didn’t forget, it was bloody obvious to everybody, even the yanks would get that wouldn’t they? :wink:

HG[/quote]

Haven’t the slightest idea what you guys are talking about.

But, how 'bout those 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers!? 4 Superbowl victories in the span of 6 years.

Oh Tigerman, you’re forcing me into relatively unknown territory here but . . . Greenbay Packers? Were’nt they unbeaten for eons?

Dumbass (aka HG)

[quote=“Huang Guang [color=green]‘The[/color] [color=yellow]Oz[/color][color=green]fuscator’[/color] Chen”]AWOL. we didn’t forget, it was bloody obvious to everybody, even the yanks would get that wouldn’t they? :wink:

HG[/quote]

and then…

I’ll chime in from a [color=red]Can[/color][color=white]ad[/color][color=red]ian[/color] perspective…WTF are you talking about?

Or the soon to be three-peat of Olympic Gold for Men’s and Women’s Hockey in 2010 in Whistler/Vancouver.

Matty Hayden - A tribute to your awesome batting display today. There were moments today when your shots took me back to my unforgettable 47 not out in Pecka Smith’s backyard facing the ferocious attack of Moose McCreddin and Dax Anderson in the early 90’s. You thoroughly deserve your place in history. I’ll stand up now and declare that never once did I call you a has been hack when Matty Elliot, a Victorian opener was opening for Australia on boxing day years back. You should be a Victorian, unfortunately you are not.

Enough said. Who can forget Australia V South Africa world cup semi 1999. Alan Donald batting, on the fringe of history, and being run out. How about the photo in the newspaper the next day - priceless. Who was it that dropped the world cup? Alleycat? Hershell Gibbs wasn’t it?

Greatest NFL teams of all time
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/football/teams/greatest.html

Cricket? HA! The pitchers have to get a running start to throw the ball fast enough…and they mostly can’t even throw it far enough; it usually hits the ground first. The batters are such Nancy-boys that they have to wear pads and big gloves. And the bats are flattened so that the sweet spot is huge enough for a child to hit the ball…like a stepped-on Whiffle bat. What sort of game do you run around carrying the bat with you? Don’t these guys have the sense to drop it after they hit the ball? And a test? Like pass or fail? And five days? This is like the watching paint dry Olympics, or watching the ocean evaporate event.
And talk about politically incorrect, what about the term “Chinaman”? (A lefty’s googly, you night watchman!)
Baseball’s a yorker compared to cricket! :wink:

Cricket simply needs more time to evolve. It will be much more exciting when it’s like this.

How 'bout them Purple People Eaters and Fran the Man!

Did someone say sporting goats ?

[color=indigo]The Minnesota Vikings???[/color]

If you are talking about most unsuccessful visits to The SuperBowl, sure, how 'bout 'em.

Almost as bad as

[color=blue]
The Buffalo

B
oy
I

L
ove
L
osing
S
uperBowls[/color]

Unsuccessful in the bowl, but oh so magnificent and memorable.

Loved em from the first time I saw the game.

Which reminds of another team that never had success in the SB. That team had the most awesome performance by a tight end ever. My man, the unbreakable Kellen Winslow.

Chou

Amos:

Kellen Winslow, like Amos, clearly never hit a six and out.

Wolf:

Absolutely agree. I went to a one day game once in Perth to see the West Indies vs. Australia. It was so crowded we ended up sitting on the edge of the pitch. 40 degress and everytime I heard the thwack of leather off willow and raised my head to see what had happened, some big ugly bastard would scream “ya think ya fucking head’s made of glass?” I liken cricket to war as told to me by many a veteran. 99% tedium with just 1% of absolute fear to keep you on your toes. Best cricketing term for my mind is “silly mid-on”. That’s the idiot who’s right there where the ball would be heading should the batsman get a chance to whack the sucker as hard as he possibly could.

As a kid I hated cricket too. Something about watching my father clean his dentures and remembering the story of how he got them. Apparently he was at silly mid-on and copped one right in the face which totally destroyed his smile. Though later rectified somewhat by a military dentist. Whenever I played that silly game I quite liked standing in the outfield chewing grass and day dreaming. Of course, as boring as it may be to watch paint dry, some bastards like it and hate the fact you don’t. Said bastards then decided to get me more involved and would put me into silly mid-on in every match. I did indeed become somewhat more attentive, still hated it though.

While I’m at it . . Australia looked awfully lame against Argentina last night. The cup’s going to a new home, I can tell all ready. Go the ‘all blacks’! (who aren’t of course)

http://rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/11/1065676174513.html

Chen, the scatty obfuscator.

Amos:

Kellen Winslow, like Amos, clearly never hit a six and out.

Wolf:

Absolutely agree. I went to a one day game once in Perth to see the West Indies vs. Australia. It was so crowded we ended up sitting on the edge of the pitch. 40 degress and everytime I heard the thwack of leather off willow and raised my head to see what had happened, some big ugly bastard would scream “ya think ya fucking head’s made of glass?” I liken cricket to war as told to me by many a veteran. 99% tedium with just 1% of absolute fear to keep you on your toes. Best cricketing term for my mind is “silly mid-on”. That’s the idiot who’s right there where the ball would be heading should the batsman get a chance to whack the sucker as hard as he possibly could.

As a kid I hated cricket too. Something about watching my father clean his dentures and remembering the story of how he got them. Apparently he was at silly mid-on and copped one right in the face which totally destroyed his smile. Though later rectified somewhat by a military dentist. Whenever I played that silly game I quite liked standing in the outfield chewing grass and day dreaming. Of course, as boring as it may be to watch paint dry, some bastards like it and hate the fact you don’t. Said bastards then decided to get me more involved and would put me into silly mid-on in every match. I did indeed become somewhat more attentive, still hated it though.

While I’m at it . . Australia looked awfully lame against Argentina last night. The cup’s going to a new home, I can tell all ready. Go the ‘all blacks’! (who aren’t of course)

http://rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/11/1065676174513.html

Chen, the scatty obfuscator.

I just came across this tidbit in the Sporting nnews

“Class of the ‘04 class
Only a college junior, Miami’s Kellen Winslow Jr. already might be better than the Chiefs’ Tony Gonzalez and the Giants’ Jeremy Shockey. In fact, the kid might take his dad’s throne as the best ever. The War Room scouts the TE Class of '04”

Couiild this be the second coming? Could the Chargers possible land him? Oh, how exciting! And I bet he could hit a six and out (whatever the fexkk that is) given the opportunity.

Chou

Huang Guang Chen wrote [quote]Kellen Winslow, like Amos, clearly never hit a six and out.[/quote]Mate, I’ll have you know that our back yard had measurements of about 30m x 20m, and even the finest of edges from Dax’s bowling, or even cousing Lenny’s, would often send the tennis ball whizzing past the first shrub at first slip and over the 3rd man fence (although we played auto keeper, he could only dive 2 metres left or right). That, would always provide the high of a six and out, but also the shame of walking past the sprinkler and clothes line back to the kitchen with bat under arm, where mum was preparing creamy soda and lamingtons.

Amos:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Excellent! Memories are flooding in. I can almost smell the rubbish bin stumps!

Chou:

Depends who’s bowling. I reckon he’d be hard up getting a good edge on the likes of Dax or even cousin Lenny.

HG

Cubs Win Game Three!!!