Squealin' church ladies

I’ve just been informed that some snivillin’ squealin’ church lady*, who obviously should remain nameless, has ratted on several of my posts of late. Now I really don’t want to make work for the mods, who’s decisions and efforts I sincerely applaud, so is there anyway of feeding back - other than via PM, ie more effort for the mods - when and which posts (my posts obviously) have been deemed too much for the lilly livered?

I suggest this as a labour saver for the mods, because if I’d known, I’d have tempered the tone awhile back. It might also be useful for fairly new folks on the boards here to get a feel of what’s okay and what’s unacceptable.

Cheers.
HG

My shrine to Rick Astley is hardly a “church”.

Et tu, Fluffy?

HG

Just offer to help with the Sunday tea and be done with it.

HTFU Forumosa.

I seem to recall giving you some feedback a while ago, and being roundly cursed for my efforts. Your choice of descriptive terms also indicates that you don’t actually have any respect for the opinions of whoever it is you have offended this time.

I have no idea what the current issue is, but based on your previous performance and your response to this one I can only presume that you’re not really sincere in seeking guidance. You clearly have your own opinions about what the prevailing standards of this site should be and I read the above post as being an invitation to debate the same with you.

I respectfully decline your invitation and wish you all the best in your future interactions with the enforcement squad. May I also take this opportunity to offer my support to the idea that there should be some part of this forum where your particular brand of humour is expressly welcomed. I’m sure everyone would be relieved to know that you were having your fun in the locker room, or whatever you would call it, rather than insisting that everyone sees things your way.

You’re clearly too smart by half. There’s no reading between the lines here, no attempt to discuss the right and wrong of my or any others’ posting style. But thanks for the feedback, I’ll file it under ignore where I keep most of the stuff you seem to consider significant.

What I asked for was simply some kind of feedback mechanism to allow a poster to know which post was squealed on, in part because I think this might be a useful thing for people new to these boards. And no, I have nothing but contempt for the squealer in this instance. I have a good idea who it was and what post it might have been.

HG

In that case I find myself in agreement with you. :doh:

Which of us has mistaken the concept of a feedback thread here? I consider this a vehicle to feedback to the mods, you seem to think I’m looking for feedback.

And sorry, Loretta, I really didn’t mean to sound as harsh as I now realise I might have. The longer answer is that I tend to post in the politics area, where you rarely visit, while you seem more interested in the open forum. There’s clearly no value judgement in that, it’s just the way it is.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I’ve just been informed that some snivillin’ squealin’ church lady*, who obviously should remain nameless, has ratted on several of my posts of late. Now I really don’t want to make work for the mods, who’s decisions and efforts I sincerely applaud, so is there anyway of feeding back - other than via PM, ie more effort for the mods - when and which posts (my posts obviously) have been deemed too much for the lilly livered?[/quote]You mean like an automatic notification when one of your posts has been squealed on? Might be possible. I don’t imagine it’s a capability of the stock installation of PhpBB, but there might be a modification available to do that. If you’re brave and have lots of spare time, you could search phpbb.com/ for a suitable solution.

You can tell when a post’s been squealed on, anyway. The little “report this post” icon changes to something else.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking of Joesax.

I’m a complete idiot when it comes to IT thingees, though.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Yeah, that’s what I was thinking of Joesax.[/quote]I had a quick look on PhpBB.com but didn’t see anything like that. I think there is some kind of warning message that a mod or admin can send after reading a squeal. I haven’t tried it yet though. There’s only been one squeal in one of the forums I mod since we changed to the new software, and I didn’t use it then.

I just clicked on the squeal icon in your post, and nothing happened. Perhaps you could post back every five minutes so we can get an idea of how long it takes for the SWAT team to arrive and blow your door off it’s hinges.

HGC, who the hell would bother squealing about something in the politics forums? I thought people went there looking for trouble. I’m keeping out of that part of your discussion.

Is there some kind of alternative mod that would work a bit like the ‘rate this post’ feature? “3 people have complained about this post” sort of thing. I assume we agree that there is no need to say who the people are?

I just clicked on the squeal icon in your post, and nothing happened. Perhaps you could post back every five minutes so we can get an idea of how long it takes for the SWAT team to arrive and blow your door off it’s hinges.[/quote]Did you actually submit the squeal? It doesn’t appear to have gone through.

[quote=“Loretta”]Is there some kind of alternative mod that would work a bit like the ‘rate this post’ feature? “3 people have complained about this post” sort of thing. I assume we agree that there is no need to say who the people are?[/quote]A post can only be squealed on once.

[quote=“joesax”]
You can tell when a post’s been squealed on, anyway. The little “report this post” icon changes to something else.[/quote]It used to be like that, but not anymore. I squealed on HG’s post about 2 hours ago, as a test, and the little icon hasn’t changed yet. So yes, no way to tell if someone squealed on you.

marboulette

PS: Admin can reset the squeal button. It used to be that way with the older version. If reseted, a second person can squeal, and a third if retested again, etc.

I got an automated email telling me that my squeal has been dealt with. So something happened.

So some kind of auto notification of a squealed post is possible, I guess.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]So some kind of auto notification of a squealed post is possible, I guess.

HG[/quote]Well, anything’s possible, and I don’t imagine that the kind of person who writes PhpBB modifications would find this hard to write. But I didn’t see anything on the PhpBB site about this specifically. I think that at the moment only the squealer and the mods and admins can get notifications. I might be wrong, though–as I was about the icon changing.

Talking about squealing ladies.

When I read the chief’s post, I thought he was joking. I actually laughed pretty good. But when I tried to reply in a similar manner, the topic was locked. I was a bit weirded out. Lost in interpretation?

Sounds unrealistic that the chief would squeal to a mod for a lock because someone made a joke about the size of his penis. the chief squealing for THAT? Nooooo… :laughing: Nooooooo! :roflmao: Maybe the mod didn’t read the humor in the chief’s post? :idunno:

Not a big deal, as long as the chief knows it was in good humor on my part.

marboulette

He never answered my questions anyway. There are other threads that do answer questions.