St. Patrick's Day 2008 in Taipei

Nope, northern England are Anglish. True thing.

For those of you more interested in hard, solid facts about alcohol prices than aimless chitchat about marching bands, I have called Citizen Cain and was told the following information: They will have a pre-party on the Saturday, and an event on the real day, being the Monday. Specials include 2-for-1 Guiness (cans) and 50NT Jamieson on both days, or at least that’s what the man said. St. Patrick reminds you to drink irresponsibly.

There is no such thing as aimlessness when talking about marching bands. Marching band is serious fucking business.

(The Ohio University Marching 110 - Hi-O!)

Who gives a shit how much beer costs? If the day ever comes where I have to look on t’Internet to find out the cost of a beer in a particular bar, I fear my problems will run deep. Seriously, you actually called up Citizen Cain and asked about their beer specials? Really? How pathetically poor can a furriner in Taipei get? :smiley:

(Wrong smiley. Anyone who cares, please substitute the rolling on the floor laughing one that Namahottie uses.)

Seriously? You called CC?

Honestly? I you really called the bar to see if they had deals on BEER?

Honestly? I mean you really called the bar to see if they had deals on BEER?

Erm, about this pathetically poor (or tight, as the case may be):

[url]Donuts, Burgers, Ice Cream, Cheap...WTF?
[url]Cheapest Bar is?

Just spitballing here…

Hehehe. Youse all know it’s cheapest at the Sev, no?

Yes, I care about beer prices, because I like to drink premium imported drafts, like Guiness, and they aren’t cheap. It’s called being a price-conscious consumer. And yes, I called CC and posted what I heard. This whole thread is about St. Patrick Day specials, or was before there was a rodent problem.

On the other hand, YOU seem to think that this thread is designed for off-the-cuff opinionation, whining and criticism, while hiding behind a pseudonym. I mean, COME ON! WHO could ever mistake Forumosa for being a place for off-the-cuff opinionation, whining and criticism while hiding behind a pseudonym??

That’s absurd, because if that happened, a lot of people would think that the forum had gone downhill over the years, having been largely taken over by “trained attacked weasels” and immature passive/aggressive guys with limp-dick syndrome or something like that.

Present company excepted, of course.

so…back home we celebrate st. patty’s day by drinking green beer all day long. starting around 8 or 9am. the bars in chicago are packed by noon and there are one-in-one-out lines after that for the rest of the day. anything like that here? it’s looking like that’s a no since i’m seeing all these places advertising specials starting at 7 or 8…pm?

[quote=“BigJohn”]Yes, I care about beer prices, because I like to drink premium imported drafts, like Guiness, and they aren’t cheap. It’s called being a price-conscious consumer. And yes, I called CC and posted what I heard. This whole thread is about St. Patrick Day specials, or was before there was a rodent problem.

On the other hand, YOU seem to think that this thread is designed for off-the-cuff opinionation, whining and criticism, while hiding behind a pseudonym. I mean, COME ON! WHO could ever mistake Forumosa for being a place for off-the-cuff opinionation, whining and criticism while hiding behind a pseudonym??

That’s absurd, because if that happened, a lot of people would think that the forum had gone downhill over the years, having been largely taken over by “trained attacked weasels” and immature passive/aggressive guys with limp-dick syndrome or something like that.

Present company excepted, of course.[/quote]

What’s yer point, sonny? You think I’d speak any differently if you knew my name, map coordinates and blood type? Who’s whining? I’m poking fun at you, not whining or criticising. And did you mean ‘irrelevant’ when you wrote ‘off-the-cuff’? I haven’t said anything that wasn’t off the cuff since I was 14, to be honest.

What are ‘trained attacked weasels’? And who has ‘limp-dick syndrome’?

Tell you what, if I’m ever in a Canadian bar in Taipei, I’ll buy you a beer, how’s that?

OK! Sorry if I overeacted. The truth is, I mistook the paint stripper for hemorrhoid cream so I wasn’t feeling at my best. The beer’s on me!
PS Some of the posts on the forum seem a bit negative so I guess I was venting.

Too bad the Shannon is not open. I always like the part where the Easter Bunny shows up.

Plastic Paddies ! On the piss 10 am …Day Off !

We drank the sub,
We wrecked the pub,
We did it with good cheer,
Now, were on the doss agin,
No money for the beer!

Pardon my asking but is that why they call you BigJohn … your love of all things beer?

Oh yeah and there’s no such thing as St Patty’s Day,!!! It’s St Patrick’s Day or St. Paddy’s Day or Paddy’s Day, but not Patty’s Day , who’s she, St. Patrick’s bit on the side?

[quote=“BigJohn”] guys with limp-dick syndrome or something like that.

Present company excepted, of course.[/quote]
I’m glad you wrote that last part, because I actually have a full erection at the moment.
As for cheap beer, no-one has bested Carnage yet, so that’s where I’ll be heading. Free Guinness. Doesn’t get much cheaper than that.

It was on the 15th this year, so who’s been 2 days late ? news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7300466.stm

They call me “Big John” because “Fucking Enormous Schlong” was already taken. It also gave my mother giggling fits that exacerbated her ephysema when she heard me being called that.

PS Also, my real name is John and I’m a a fairly tall and heavy-set guy.

[quote=“BigJohn”]They call me “Big John” because “Fucking Enormous Schlong” was already taken. It also gave my mother giggling fits that exacerbated her ephysema when she heard me being called that.

PS Also, my real name is John and I’m a a fairly tall and heavy-set guy.[/quote]
Where did you end up going?