Stabbing in Xindian

that is simply ridiculous. Poor guy who got stabbed at random.
the murderer needs to be executed.

2 Likes

This is a prime example of why I support the death penalty. Glad the fucker is clearly seen on camera so this can be open-and-shut.

5 Likes

Terrible.

1 Like

:anguished:

Awful, prayers for him and his family.

7cf03659c13f11f955da7a87a842466b.640x480x1

1 Like

Why did he have a sushi knife on the bus?

2 Likes

I rarely sit with my back to the door, always look for a spot to oversee the whole room.

My money is on ‘because he’s a paranoid, violent nut-job’.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s awful. Yes, he has a mental illness. Bad luck. In the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s a fuckin’ tragedy; utterly dreadful.
Let’s kill him for revenge!
Your comment is emotive, ill-though out [post edited by mod]

4 Likes

I am opposed to capital punishment because of miscarriages of justice and it places too much power in the hands of the State (which invariably misuses said power).

However, is there much point in not killing him? Yeah, he will probably now be diagnosed, after the fact as always, with a mental illness with a bizarre name such as borderline personality disorder. But the only plus that could come from not killing him is maybe the psychiatric chaps will cure him and they haven’t got a good track record.

7.5 billion people, one nasty, cowardly little fucker who may be mentally ill gets a bullet through the heart. It doesn’t feel like a big deal to me.

7 Likes

Carry on with the old testament logic. Doesn’t make sense to me, and never will. Enjoy! :heart:

1 Like

Assuming you’re replying to me I have no interest in any kind of eye for an eye retribution. I’m only interested in logic, and it’s illogical to waste resources keeping a person alive but incarcerated if they are only ever to be a cost.

I appreciate how people may feel a warm glow in increasing the lifespan of someone who is considered bad, but it doesn’t improve anybody’s life (other than, arguably, the bad person).

1 Like

Putting him to death will make lots of people feel as though justice has been served, but in the long run will do nothing to address the core of the problem. It will probably make it worse because people who suffer from mental illnesses are often times stigmatized and that can lead many to not seek treatment. Add to that cultural unwillingness to acknowledge that someone in the family has a psychiatric problem and or the attitude of “we can handle it ourselves”.

One of the big problems that many people have is that they try to rationalize irrational behavior. I just makes no sense. But, that’s how illnesses often times work.

2 Likes

Do we know if he is mentally ill? Where is the boundary between extremely violent, that is a really bad thing, and mentally ill that is something we should feel sorry about? I’m sure he will now be diagnosed mentally ill after the event, but was he diagnosed with a mental health issue prior to the stabbing?

Putting him to death may make some idiots feel that justice has been served. That doesn’t interest me. Putting him to death, for me, will save resources that would otherwise be wasted. Unless, of course, he is genuinely mentally ill and is curable in which case he shouldn’t be shot.

2 Likes

Keep it civil please, thanks.

2 Likes

Apple Daily said he told the police he was unemployed

and that the knife was in his Audi, which he claimed for protection

and that he claimed to be off his medication and wasn’t feeling right in the head.

Hard to say what’s true.

And how long did it take for the poor guy to die?

Curious what you would think if it were your loved one.

4 Likes

Protection from what? His girlfriend asking what he wanted for dinner? Thank god there’s not easy access to semi-automatic guns here like there is in the states.

4 Likes

Which poster was discourteous? I can’t see it.