Stationary Bikes (Home Excercise)

Granted I haven’t looked around but I’d like to know if anyone would know where to pick up a bike that I could use at home.

I don’t need anything too fancy.

Prices? Pics? Store Locations?

My price range is reasonable but I’ve seen bikes for upwards of 50,000ntd. Simple is best. The less expensive the better.

I found them in Niehu Near Dahu lake for as little as 5300-9300. Under the New MRT line construction. They are very basic.

Ski

I bought a nice one at Nanking/Dunhua in Taipei for just over $20,000, the place is across the street from the stadium and they deliver, I still have it but goto California now and my apartment is small so if you would like it, let me know…

Why not get a real bike? It’s not as if we are hurting for places to ride in Taipei.

Yes MM that is true. However, if you have the dedication you can burn more calories on a stationary bike. No coasting or downhill sections or traffic lights.

Also, if you are well set up you can watch a DVD or recorded program and burn calories instead of adding television food calories.

Yes MM that is true. However, if you have the dedication you can burn more calories on a stationary bike. No coasting or downhill sections or traffic lights.

Also, if you are well set up you can watch a DVD or recorded program and burn calories instead of adding television food calories.[/quote]

True enough. You can also set the hepa filters on high. :slight_smile:

I have decided to buy one too. I haven’t picked one out yet, but I was at a department store in the Donghu area and noticed a place that was selling them. I think the brand is Takasima. The one I liked was going for 16K.
I know I need one with the computer display and the preset courses on it. Those tend to keep my interest longer than the others.

Okay I bought one. You should see me. I am totally buff! They will deliver it tomorrow. I can’t believe what a difference. I’m buff!

have you thoug about a bike trainer? you attach your normail bike to it.

biking at home can ber super dull. nothing like burning up the hills around taipei.

The stupid delivery guy can’t find my damn house. You should see my abs.

I feel light headed. It’s like oxygen is getting to my brain somehow.

I’m thinking of buying one off an expat when they leave, but my budget’s pretty low.

You can hang clothes on them too.

I was thinking of clipping my newly laundered socks to the spokes, and then riding a while, to dry them.

Betch the old dude with the 3-wheeler collecting cardboard would be glad for the help. Great work-out and a public service as well.

I think a better public service would be to get that rummy off the road.

True. But not half the workout or half the fun…

I’ve had my exercise bike for almost two months now and I’m still a big fat whale. This whole exercise thing is a crock. It just doesn’t work.

Hi, I have a bike trainer I’d like to sell. It is adjustable for 26-28" wheels. Brand Trainx. Adjustable tension from the handlebars. I bought it new for $4000nt. Best offer?

I’ve tried to use it 4 times but my wheels are 25". I can’t seem to get anywhere using it. :wink:

I live in Ping Chen, Taoyuan Hsien.

What is that, a base for a bike, but you need to add a bike? Got any pics? What’s the original price? Just curious; I’m probably too far away to actually buy yours, but others might be interested. I’m very interested in getting one in Taipei if the price is right and the seller delivers.