Stepford wives makes some points/war of the sexes is real

point 1: “the 1950’s suburbia idea of women slaving in the home” is BS,but…
point 2: men do want “real” women.

on point 2, i mean we like girls who act like girls. women who let us be the man. i’m sure the opposite is true. women like a man who takes charge of taking care of them. however, a lot of women nowadays, particularly in taiwan, seem to think " if you want to take charge of me you have to run faster than me". it becomes a competition with the woman setting the pace based on her “accomplishments”. yet these same women, once they find a man whom they percieve as being more “li hai’ than them they feel have a right to quit their job and let him do all the work. I’m not trying to be vulgar or sexist, but that seems to be the " my vagina is made of gold” way of thinking (sorry for this expression but i think it’s apt).women DO use their sexuality as a tool. perhaps that’s a primal survival mechanism. from a scientific point of view it’s interesting, but from a life point of view it’s a problem.

I don’t find career women particulary attractive from a mental/emotional standpoint. there’s something about them that doesn’t engender a ’ I want to work 3 jobs just to take care of you" feeling in me.I like a girl with no career future, NOT because I want to dominate her and make her my house slave, but because I think all 'real guys" want to be the provider and the leader. the caregiver. we want our women to help us take care of them. it’s a loving circle, not a competition.

sorry to keep going on, but the movie “Wives of Stepford” really touched some points that I’ve been wanting to express for some time. I have issues about the male/female condition. it’s true that women are more upwardly mobile salary and career wise. they have more rights in the workplace now, and many more that need to be addressed. however a double standard exists which allows women (in Taiwan at least) to decide everything. we men bend over backwards trying to prove we are good guys. women here have been coddled/ raised to think that men have to prove their worthiness, yet they (women) have nothing to prove.why should i give my hard earned money to you? what have you given me? why should I have to pass peer review (bring your friends on a previously agreed upon date to check me out)?what have i done that is suspect? maybe you aren’t up to par, did you ever think about that?why should I have to prove to your parents I’m a good guy? why don’t yours prove that they’re not after my green card and a free ride to the States? okay, I’m ranting personal.but I’m sure a lot of guys feel this way.

Lovely to see such a refreshing viewpoint isnt it?

Rant Heman: Are you for real? Im gonna put this on the open forum where it will get the airing it deserves.

[color=red]Moderator’s Note: No, you aren’t. Moderators decide when to split and merge threads. And we don’t reposition threads just for them to get more exposure. I floundered your new thread and added your one line of content to the top of this post.[/color]

What you need, rant heman, is one of those mail order brides from SE Asia. They’re pretty cheap, too, and if you buy one in Taiwan, you’ll usually get your money back if they run away in the first year. :unamused:

[quote]…We like girls who act like girls. Women who let us be the man.
…I like a girl with no career future.
…Why should I have to prove to your parents I’m a good guy?[/quote]
This type of relationship doesn’t last long. She will eventually develop leaks that can’t be repaired and won’t remain inflated no matter what you do. You’ll be setting yourself up for a broken heart.

[quote=“rantheman”]
I don’t find career women particulary attractive from a mental/emotional standpoint. there’s something about them that doesn’t engender a ’ I want to work 3 jobs just to take care of you" feeling in me.I like a girl with no career future, NOT because I want to dominate her and make her my house slave, but because I think all 'real guys" want to be the provider and the leader. the caregiver. we want our women to help us take care of them. it’s a loving circle, not a competition.[/quote]

You know, these are questions that are raised during pre-marital counseling under the topic of “husband & wife roles”. People need to talk it out and come to an understanding of what works with your particular mate/SO/wife etc.

It’s nice when you have some friends who have blazed the trail (out of my friends, I’m the 3rd to last to get married) who can give you pointers. One friend put it real black and white:

1. Know your future wife. Is she the one who’ll spend your money on trinkets or on life-long study or interested in work to help support the family?
  2. Once you answer question 1, then ask yourself, can you, the husband, afford that? If you honestly can’t, “Next!”
  3. A wife like that #1 or #2, you’d be better off with prostitutes, massage girls etc. You can at least control your own spending habits. You can’t control your wife’s costs. That’s one cost that will never go away (divorce doesn’t make it go away, believe me).

:ponder:

That movie to me was an appeal to the halcyon days of the leave it to beaver era. Dead.

In Asian families, the real bosses are the women, don’t you know? Publicly, men are given the face to be the “head” of the family but the real control falls with the women. Make no mistake about it.

I’m sure these are topics a good many people think about and may have even had honest discussions with their SOs. I did, before we got married.

Amen to that one, brother. There’s only room for one docile, subservient submissive in my marriage, and V told me that it wasn’t going to be her. :help:

Truth be told, homie sounds like he has some own issues to work out…Be that they stem from his own family upbringing or his own personal experiences/frustrations in communicating with the opposite sex…

Honey, any good relationship doesn’t boil down to only what a man can do for a woman on the fiscal front, while it can be the devil that can separate a marriage.

HAHAHA this sounds so limiting… Do you think of yourself that way? As only good for a $$ output? You don’t have anything else to offer a woman that would be considered providing or caregiver? Man put this way IT does sound like men are only good for their money…I don’t want this ‘real guy’…

Yea, I want you help take care of me, but that doesn’t equal into meaning pay the rent, and my living expenses… It DOES mean, to me, be the one place I can go to be myself without judgment. My support system,etc…[/quote]

nah i just got horny and decided to write it rather than…
ignore all the whining above. :lol:

Actually I have to be honest here - the whole “being the provider” thing, that’s a strong thing with me. It’s never intentional or a conscious decision, but it’s kind of the traditional mindset I was raised with. But that doesn’t mean that she has to be docile and submissive and “GET BACK INTO THE BLOODY KITCHEN WOMAN”; as far as I can determine - which is a task and a half for something so unconscious as this - it’s kind of the male equivalent of the mothering thing. It’s like a sense of duty to make sure that this woman you love has the best you can possibly provide for her, that she has everything you feel she deserves - which is basically everything. Gift-giving gone mad :laughing: It’s not a money thing.

That’s natural Tetsuo, and :wink: kinnda of expected LOL
But the way rantman was puttin it, I was thinking that if I met him, I would have to cover my hair, lest i pulled back to the ‘cave’

no way. i’m not like that at all! i was raised by 3 women. i worship the women in my life. i just don’t like women walking all over me.

[quote]namastestore
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:47 pm Post subject:
Truth be told, homie sounds like he has some own issues to work out…Be that they stem from his own family upbringing or his own personal experiences/frustrations in communicating with the opposite sex…[/quote]

I like the feeling of bare feet on my aching back. Try it.

Personally, I prefer my aching back to be rubbed with her soft, warm -

(never mind)

look guys! what we’re suffering from in this world is the “pussification” of MAN -kind! a lot of guys out there are scared to say what they really feel. i’m speaking out! i’m a guy in the guy sense. a man’s man and i’m proud of it! don’t let these “dyed in the wool career bitches” as mathew broderick says demasculinize you and deprive you of the joys of a REAL WOMAN! THERE I SAID IT! A REAL WOMAN! soft, loving,and thinks YOU’RE the greatest thing says sliced bread! the others can have their careers.anyway, with dildo technology what it is, i’m sure us little old men are obsolete to them anyway.

Ran… the MAN!

and another thing. you girls do the TLC and WE’LL do the TCB!!

the blues tell it all:

“as long as i’m footin’ the bills
i’m payin’ the cost to be the boss”

B.B. King…DAMN STRAIGHT!!

[quote=“rantheman”]look guys! what we’re suffering from in this world is the “pussification” of MAN -kind! a lot of guys out there are scared to say what they really feel. I’m speaking out! I’m a guy in the guy sense. a man’s man and I’m proud of it! don’t let these “dyed in the wool career bitches” as mathew broderick says demasculinize you and deprive you of the joys of a REAL WOMAN! THERE I said IT! A REAL WOMAN! soft, loving,and thinks YOU’RE the greatest thing says sliced bread! the others can have their careers.anyway, with dildo technology what it is, I’m sure us little old men are obsolete to them anyway.

Ran… the MAN![/quote]

Rantheman, your posts are illogical and a joke. If you feel that you have been under the influnence of ‘pussification’ then I would suggest some therapy. What’s a real woman? Someone who’s gonna tolerate the shit and games you wanna play. Or someone who’s gonna have your back in the bad times, and rub it in the good? Boy you are silly and don’t know what you want. I wonder where your daddy was when those 3 women, you said you loved, were raising you? Don’t get bitchness confused with aspiration…Better yet, get out the house and live in reality…

i’ve got a better idea. get on askmen.com and see what a lot of guys think. then write to them and say what you just said to me. great website. changed my outlook!
and as for women watching my back, i watch my own.
look, does everyone have to agree with me? no. do i have to agree with everyone? no.
and what games am i trying to play? didn’t i say i don’t want to enslave women? i started this out nice you(nametestore) went nuts, so i said to hell with it.i’ll say stuff to piss her off on purpose since i do it anyway no matter how hard i try.
and the whole point is, i think the movie, though sucky, makes a point. and my taste will always be a non-career woman.

it seems answers to my comments were divided along male/female lines. that’s interesting. hey by the way, do we have a men’s issues forum? i think we should have a forum where we don’t have to worry about what we say. we could check for testicles at the door.

ran the man

[quote=“rantheman”]I’ve got a better idea. get on askmen.com and see what a lot of guys think. … {snip}
and the whole point is, I think the movie, though sucky, makes a point. and my taste will always be a non-career woman.[/quote]

Heh, askmen.com. That’s an interesting website. :neutral:

As for men wanting non-career women, I’m glad someone had the balls to come out and say it. There’s nothing wrong with it. You’ll find more of these women in Asia than in the West, where personal lib and feminimism have made the “housewife” an endangered species.

Yet, it’s interesting to note the Martha Stewart phenomena. A modern-take-charge woman who made millions selling the “stepford wives” quaintness to women.