Stepford wives makes some points/war of the sexes is real

dear mod lang,
so take me to brass monkey and get me plastered!^^

Dear rantheman,

Now that you have shared some authenticity of your pain(s), I can say that I can see where you are coming from . But im gonna be honest with you…Your bitching about how others treated you has nothing to do with you quiting your job and staying at home. It was all in how you interpertated what they said. SO, what if you stayed at home to raise your kids. Women have done it for years and probably will continue doing it. But rather than you seeing it as a huge contribution, you saw it as a cut down. You fail to realize how IMPORTANT your presence is in your kids life as a stay at home dad. Sorry, if you don’t feel that you aren’t ‘man’ enough because you weren’t out there in the ‘world’ doing what all the other guys where doing, but you could have taken the ‘lemons’ and made a martini. Man, in 20,30 years some of your fellow peers will be out of a job because of outsoursing with out a dammed thank you from corprate. But your hard devotion and imput in your kids’ life, will reap benifits that last a life time.
As for your relationship, there’s an old saying : 'there’s three sides of truth to any relationship. Her side, his side and God’s side". What ever you put into your relationship,ALL of it, is what you are getting out of it. You may want to take stock of your resentments that seem to stem from your childhood on up. Not because they are ‘wrong’ but it seems that they are blocking you from having what you want in life.
This whole thing, of relationships falling apart because women are in career’s is totally BS. It’s not the core of the problem, I believe the core is this sense of control people need to have, expectations they bring to a relationship, and along with those nasty childhood incidents unresolved, hence, they grow up, marry and one day ‘bam’ wake up and see they married their parents or are reinacting their parents marriage.
Rantheman, you have choices everyday. You have one’s that empower you, or disempower you. Some may go against the grain of popular thought and some may inspire. But either way, you are the only one who has total control of what’s in your life. Be the Master of your life…

dear nametestore,
you’re a nice sista. thank you. i agree with what you’re saying.