Stephen Miller planning second-term immigration blitz

Probably the exact same number who benefit from Taiwan’s covid response yet still support Trump.

Sad but true.

It has definitely been their garlic in terms of topics they aren’t interested in approaching.

So what is your problem with it? Other than some imaginary scenario where something happens and something else happens and it’s not fair?

Sher, name one country where this is the case.

I doubt it would change so much that your particular case would be overturned. Let’s not assume that every other DACA kid had your…er…difficulties.

Again, given ONLY what you have told me, you were treated reasonably.

But hey, you continue to believe what you believe and keep bashing the US bc it’s where you want to be? I mean, logic much?

And lest I be banned for being mean, I think we need more immigrants. They hustle and work harder and vote far more conservatively than folks think. Without new blood and homegrown young uns, who’s going to pay the bills for the old farts who live into their 90s? The key wording is Legal Immigration.

Am I a notsee now?

1 Like

Look up various Middle Eastern countries. Saudi Arabia for one. If you aren’t sent there by oil companies or the US Government on official business, good luck getting a visa there at all. There are no tourism except for Hajj. Perhaps that has changed recently. China has ZERO pathway to citizenship or immigration. Japan is also pretty hard to immigrate to.

This is what America aspires to be, at least according to conservative politicians.

Also I want you to tell me, what harm to society do I possess by possessing guns, as a hobby, with no inclination or history of brandishing them, using them in an unsafe manner, or storing them in such a way that unauthorized people could gain access to it (such as children)? What moral justification are there for jailing someone for 10 years just because he had a record and possessed a gun? Is it because Congress passed a law? What part of “shall not be infringed” do you not understand?? If it’s so wrong for someone simply because of his status to possess guns, because he might use it for harm, then what stops YOU from doing the same thing? Are you saying that they have no right to life because of their status? Do you agree with every single law passed by Congress, including nonsense regulations like possible 10 year prison sentence because your AR15 has a 15.999 inch long barrel?

Gun laws in America is confusing and despite every attempt people try to comply with them, the ATF always finds the comma that someone is in disagreement with and jails him for it. I would have preferred Japan style gun laws simply for the fact that you can’t simply go to Walmart and buy ammo then go to jail for it because you happened to have a record.

Horsehit.

No, they really aren’t. If they are for you, then maybe you should stay away from them.

1 Like

I hope you don’t have spent ammunition in your car whenever you drive to Washington DC. It’s a felony for anyone to possess ammunition there if you have no gun license. Doesn’t matter if you have a record or if you’re a US Citizen.

Before you ask, yes someone did go to prison for that.

Since you live in New York state, that’s pretty likely. Also New York state does not respect Federal protection provided in Firearms Owner Protection Act. If you transit the state with an “assault weapon”, you go to prison. That happened to someone too.

And if you have an import firearm… can you be sure you have the correct number of US made parts on it? If not it’s a Federal felony.

I’m gonna wait for a credible source before going all think-of-the-children on this one.

Want to keep cartel violence away? End the war on drugs. Decriminalize drugs in general. The cartels will whither and die.

Immigration restriction and walls is like building a wall to keep the Yellow River from changing path, which history have shown, does not work.

So will a lot of weak people. Nietzsche wouldn’t have minded. But in the meantime, they’re out on the streets pooping everywhere.

100 billion dollar Cartels won’t die, they’ll just morph into some other insidious inhumane machine.

1 Like

Prohibition showed us that the mafia became a lot weaker when it ended. In the meantime there was violence everywhere.

Cartels make money off of illegal drugs. Make them legal and they’ll either die off or forced to do something else.

I think conflating Al Capone running whiskey with modern Mexican, Chinese and Russian cartels weakens your point.

But they’re doing the same thing aren’t they? Profiting off of something that’s illegal and in demand. Once drugs become legal they will have nothing to profit from.

While you could make moral arguments to outlaw all drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, it makes no sense. I mean people will still get wasted or high no matter what.

Anymore than outlawing guns will make violence disappear.

We’re not legalizing heroin or sexual slavery, so the cartels won’t lose all their business. And the idea that if you take away some of their business that they won’t move into other areas seems misguided to me. Having said that, it can’t hurt. So let’s legalize the ganja on the federal level and study the results.

Foreigners are not allowed to possess firearms, except in extremely limited situations. If you are a non-US citizen and/or a non-permanent US citizen, you’re not allowed to possess firearms.

Except for very limited cases, foreigners can’t purchase, can’t possess, can’t sell, can’t build, can’t use firearms. “Shall not be infringed” absolutely only applies to US citizens or legal permanent residents.

Illegals are not included and should never be included when it comes to possession of firearms.

So it’s not about what harm a foreigner could do possessing firearms, but what the government allows? By that legal precedent it also means foreign students can’t go to a shooting range, and anyone who takes them there is aiding and abetting a commission of a felony.

Then why have a second amendment at all? Let’s just do away with that and require licenses for anyone to own firearms.

No wonder America is so messed up. They just want to lock people up for no reason.

You’ve hijacked the thread.

No. Just no. This isn’t logic you’re exposing. It’s vast redundant layered ignorance.