Still want KFC?

Why do these na

Too many goddamn sharks in the world already, if you ask me.[/quote]

Whaoooo! The numbers of sharks are dwindling and this is NOT good. Sharks perform very vital functions in their oceanic ecosystems.

We could do with more sharks and fewer bowls of shark fin soup.

I’m not at all certain that humans are the highest form of life on the planet. I’ve always suspected that whales are more intelligent than humans. The only thing we have over whales, IMO, are thumbs. Did you know that each pod of humpback whales speaks a different dialect of humpback whale language? You know, whales (dolphins and orcas) can understand our language… but, we cannot understand them.

Not when we’re in the ocean…

So let me get this right.

Because people in the world are suffering it is OK to torture animals in order to provide cheap non-essential junk food, and only when the last suffering human in the world is relieved of his suffering should we turn our attention to the welfare of animals? (Isn’t there a line in the sand anywhere?)

Fair enough. I’m going to go out this evening and slowly torture to death the bloody barking dogs near my gaff. Let PETA make a video of that. It’ll make KFC’s chicken factory seem like Butlins on valium.

Fur coats are great. I’ve got a horse-hide leather jacket and two pairs of calf-skin boots. Why is that OK but a jacket made of the fur of the nasty, vicious and “tenacious-of-life” mink not OK? Have any of these soft Californians seen what a mink can do to a chicken farm? Kills for fun, and very efficiently too. Takes two barrels of a 12-guage to kill the little feckers as well. As seen with my own eyes after one did

I’m not at all certain that humans are the highest form of life on the planet. I’ve always suspected that whales are more intelligent than humans. The only thing we have over whales, IMO, are thumbs. Did you know that each pod of humpback whales speaks a different dialect of humpback whale language? You know, whales (dolphins and orcas) can understand our language… but, we cannot understand them.
[/quote]

Not sure they’re that bright. I mean how much do they know about us? Ever met a whale that could do differential calculus or speak 7 languages?

A strawberry starburst can kill a Badger stone dead!

Ehhhh…I’m only trying to save lives… :smiley:

[quote=“Tigerman”]I’m not at all certain that humans are the highest form of life on the planet. I’ve always suspected that whales are more intelligent than humans. The only thing we have over whales, IMO, are thumbs. Did you know that each pod of humpback whales speaks a different dialect of humpback whale language? You know, whales (dolphins and orcas) can understand our language… but, we cannot understand them.
[/quote]

I’ve never met a whale that couldn’t do differential calculus or speak 7 languages.

OK, own up to it, guys …

All you’re doing is trying to provoke PETA into sending over a bunch of models to your home for a nude protest … :wink:

[quote=“enzo+”]OK, own up to it, guys …

All you’re doing is trying to provoke PETA into sending over a bunch of models to your home for a nude protest … :wink:[/quote]

Are they worth seeing? :sunglasses:

Bea Arthur ! You gotta be shittin me, sh is still around? Wow maud is still rockin tha house.
BTW Bea Arthur is a dude right?

I really don’t think any argument can be made that humans are the highest life form. According to humans? What does ‘high’ mean? Complicated might be a better word. There are other animals that are self-conscious (dolphins, whales) that don’t understand what cruelty is.
I love watching Animal Cops in the U.S. Anyone who tortures or abuses animals made the CHOICE to do so whereas most other animals act on instinct and are incapable of such maliciousness. I remember how children in some parts of Latin America used to throw stones at dogs and laugh, thinking it was somehow funny to cause pain. And PETA is a bad organization? Come on. We have to undo Christianity’s absurd position that the Earth is our playground to use and destroy. The Earth is not ours. Anyway, I’m ranting because people who diss animal rights people piss me off.

There can be no dispute that humans are the most intelligent animals.

Can you prove that? I’ve seen my old cat catch a mouse and “play” with it for hours while it was still alive.

Besides, to any animal lacking a conception of life-death, pain, etc., malicousness has no meaning.

Just out of curiosity, doesn’t PETA stand for “People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals”? If so then how come people are saying that PETA has its priorities mixed up?

Sorry but I just find this notion absurd that an organization calling itself “People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals” has its priorities mixed up when it is championing the humane treatment of animals. I am a strong advocate of accurate/non-confusing naming. Call an apple an apple and an orange an orange (confusing I know). Therefore, I would be awfully confused if an organization named “People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals” started championing other more “worthy” or “greater” causes, such as human rights and the better treatment of mankind. Besides don’t we have a few hundred, maybe even thousands of those already (UNICEF, Amnesty International, International Red Cross, etc)? Many of these “human betterment” organizations are well funded, receiving both large amounts of private and PUBLIC funding. PETA, on the otherhand , receives no public funding, it is NOT government/state sponsored, all its funding is from the private sector. Therefore, of course, it’s going to behave like a corporation and advertise like hell, or else how would it get any money? A publically funded “human betterment” organization can, of course, take the high road and not “disgrace” itself by advertising. Afterall it’s funding is already secured, paid for by you and me, the taxpayer. I don’t know about you, but I kind of resent seeing my tax dollars go to food relief efforts in Sudan and other “worthy” human causes. But I don’t have a beef with PETA because I don’t have to spend money on its cause if I don’t support it (and trust me I don’t, but I do think it’s kind of hard for animals to speak up for themselves because of the language barrier). Jeez, isn’t that a novel concept. I almost wish more organizations could be more corporate-like or “greedy” (as some people here seem incapable of distinguishing between the two).

Oh, and let’s stop this whole nonsense about judging a organization/program/project by the “worthiness” of its cause. According to this line of logic I can just about demonstrate that ALL
organizations/programs/projects are unworthy or have its priporities mixed up, because one can almost always find an even more worthy cause (world peace??? isn’t that a bit narrow minded/selfish when we should really be concered about GALATICAL peace). Instead an organization should be judged by this simple question: DOES IT DO WHAT IT ADVERTISES? If yes, splendid. If not, well, then it sucks.

:boo-hoo:

Most of these “activists” deserve nothing more than a shotgun blast to the face. You want to protest, boycott, etc. fine you do that. But STOP pushing your flawed ideals on other people, especially children. Let people make up their own damn minds about things. Christ, just what we needed. Another bleeding heart like sbmoor… :raspberry:

Most of these “activists” deserve nothing more than a shotgun blast to the face.[/quote]
That kind of hyperbole is a little extreme, don’t you think? :noway: Normally posts on Forumosa that advocate violence mysteriously disappear… :ponder:

Flawed ideals??? Jinete you wouldn’t happen to be a Facist would you? Not that I’m saying there’s anything wrong with being a Facist, so don’t take this the wrong way.

What church did you go to? :eh:

Flawed ideals??? Jinete you wouldn’t happen to be a Facist would you? Not that I’m saying there’s anything wrong with being a Facist, so don’t take this the wrong way.[/quote]

Not to be a spelling nazi, but could you at least spell it correctly? F-A-S-C-I-S-T. Seems like PETA has more than enough fascist assholes for any two or three organizations combined. How 'bout them “blood buckets”, eh? Here…let me shove this PETA propaganda in your child’s face and scare the bejeezus out of them. Better be ready for a fist in the mouth from the parent(s), though. :laughing:

Children have as much right as anyone to know what they’re eating.

Brian

Jinete, thanks for the spelling correction. Btw, do you have anger management issues? It sure seems that way from your posts. Oh and please stop making these false claims that PETA targets children. They don’t. It’s really that simple. It’s one thing to be ill informed about PETA or disapprove of its cause, but it’s another thing to completely smear them based on ignorance. If there’s any group that PETA specifically targets its highschool teens and young adults. That why you see them around in college campuses so much (okay you also see them in areas of high visibility like Time Square, and I guess there are kids in Time Square, but so what?). You know who REALLY targets children when they shouldn’t? Big tobacco and the fast food industry. Big tobacco has already been regulated (they can