Stomach Parasites

In more than six years of eating all sorts of stuff in Taiwan, I’ve never had more than a half-day’s case of the trots.

Two and a half weeks ago, I ran to the bathroom fifteen times in a single day in one of the worst cases of the big D I’ve ever experienced. Since then, things have not been normal.

I have had good days and bad days, but never a normal day. Sometimes my gut hurts, sometimes it doesn’t. No strange itching, and no more flatulence than normal, no runs for the bathroom. Frequency has not increased or decreased, but what is eliminated is definately not normal. Sort of like having partial diarrhea. And then there’s the stomach pain, off and on.

One of my friends says it sounds like a stomach parasite he picked up in India.

Have I got a parasite? I hate the thought of having to provide a poop sample.

Can I kick this with some sort of vitamin, enzyme, etc? I’m 37 and in decent health.

Dude, you can die from some of these bugs and germs. Go to the hospital and get a blood/poop test.

jdsuggests

Did that friend mean Giardiasis? That’s a bastard. I;ve ghad it a few times. It’s one of the rerasons people are now (or were) advsed to boil Sydney tapwater. It only responds to a particularly harsh antibiotic (after wearing those symptoms the thought of alternative medicines seems off-putting).

I vaguely recall a friend getting it in Taichung. Get yourself checked out.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Did that friend mean Giardiasis? That’s a bastard. I;ve ghad it a few times. It’s one of the rerasons people are now (or were) advsed to boil Sydney tapwater. It only responds to a particularly harsh antibiotic (after wearing those symptoms the thought of alternative medicines seems off-putting).

HG[/quote]

After living with gypsies in the Ukraine for a few weeks, Chewy went on holiday to his regular destination spot in Egypt – Sharm el Sheikh and Dahab on the Sinai Peninsula. After eating farm chicken for regular dinner fare in the Ukraine that happily feasted on feces from the outhouse in the host family’s backyard (I refused to eat dinner there after a day or two) :astonished: , Chewy was quite happy to get back to pizza’s, nachos, and other western grub.

However, something happened a day or two after arriving at the resort. Chewy starting continuously flatulating. I mean loud, spontaneous minute or two farts. In the next few hours, I was living on the toilet reading the prophetic words some previous backpacker (probably Canadian) had written on the wall (my ass is a river).

The next day my buddy was also sick… we soon found the culprit…the Egyptian cook also cleaned the resort’s septic tank. The fucker probably didn’t wash his hands…lovely…anyways, my case of the “shits” wouldn’t go away…I was popping immodium like it was candy…I didn’t have a healthy shit for a month and even then it still didn’t feel right. When I got to Bodrum on the Agean in Turkey, I went to a proper hospital and was diagnosed with Giardiasis, Salmonella, and Dysentry.

When I returned home, my parents watered me down with a hose before letting me enter the house— they said I smelled like a dying hippo.

Another friend had a pool party for me and my friend when we returned to Canada after travelling to what had been 4 months…four people at the party even caught the trots…I guess I didn’t wash my hands enough either…these illnesses can be spread pretty easy :smiling_imp:

"Giardiasis, Salmonella, and Dysentry.

Ahhh…the Holy Trinity…get some Black Walnut extract…life is grand with bugs in yer butt!

Eat lots of yoghurt to get your guts back to soemthing like normal

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Did that friend mean Giardiasis? That’s a bastard. I;ve ghad it a few times. It’s one of the rerasons people are now (or were) advsed to boil Sydney tapwater. It only responds to a particularly harsh antibiotic (after wearing those symptoms the thought of alternative medicines seems off-putting).

HG[/quote]

Yes, that’s the bug my friend had.

Thank you for posting something helpful.

But if it is a parasite, will my body kill it naturally? What does eating a lot of yogurt do for me, other than to ensure I’ve got the right kinds of bacteria in my system (which is a good thing, I know)?

[quote=“jdsmith”]Dude, you can die from some of these bugs and germs. Go to the hospital and get a blood/poop test.

jdsuggests[/quote]

I think if it was going to kill me, I’d have noticed something by now. I’m just a bit sapped of energy and the stomach is hurting from time to time. Not on my last leg.

Still, Momma JD, I am taking your advice. I’ve made an appointment to see the doc on Thursday.

And I’m ready to poop on command :unamused: .

Yea, tomas let us know where you go to get it done. I think I may have them bugs in me system because I’ve been seeing alot of ‘white rice’ shapes in my bowel movements, which I hear is a sign.

I’ve tried the black walnut thingy. It’s just not black walnut you need, it also had 2 other things to kill the parasites. Plus it’s good to do a bowel cleanse. Which can be done by fasting, a bitch which I hate. Or doing what’s called a P&B- physillum and a type of mud I can’t think of right now.

Check out this website for more info =http://www.cleansezone.com or do a google for it. They have LOADS of info about it.

Best of luck :rainbow:

So today I feel totally normal. No pain, everything back to normal. Strange.

I’ll still go and get a check, but I wish a doctor, nurse, or something with knowledge of this would post something.

Of tapeworm. You need to be de-wormed. Get something a bit more aggressive than black walnut, I would if I were you.

Of tapeworm. You need to be de-wormed. Get something a bit more aggressive than black walnut, I would if I were you.[/quote]

Well I got pro active and went to see the doctor today. I agree that it’s probably tapeworm as I’ve looked up on the internet, and seen the same summary. Will find out. But the doctor was weary about testing me as he told me that Taipei hasn’t had any parsite problems. :unamused: :loco:

I am, or at least was, a nurse and a qualified barefoot doctor. With those stunning credentials, I maintain my previous diagnosis but add a new dimension. The current respite is quite possibly because the parasite has grown to such enormous proportions it is now occluding your bowels. Any matter you may be passing is purely through its digestive system backended to use your lower passage. It’s also quite probably finding your diet insufficient to feed itself and its numerous offspring, in which case it’s eyeing your liver and other vitals. Before long, the lower offspring will start gnawing on your testicles (or ovaries, whatever the case maybe).

Don’t believe me? Check that link to Giardiasis I posted. Oh, and see a doctor.

HG

A point repeatedly made on that Giardiasis page was:

So none of that shizer fetish stuff for you, if you think you have this parasite! :laughing:

But seriously, all this talk about parasites has made me nervous… Where can I get some kind of strong dewormer/anti-parasite stuff?

[quote=“Namahottie”]But the doctor was weary about testing me as he told me that Taipei hasn’t had any parsite problems. :unamused: :loco:[/quote]Nama -
Please seek another Dr. on this.
There is NO PLACE in the world that does not have a parasite problem. Dog feces in the park? Children/Adults walking/laying/playing in the grass? Welcome buggies!

Taiwan sewage is always just a draincover away. Right next to where the shops wash their dishes…in lukewarm/cool water with non-disinfectant detergent.

Sorry…get another opinion.

When I lived in Japan, I thought I had adjusted to the food and living environment. Then one day after having a nice sushi dinner with my host family I was deathly ill.

It started with bloating (didn

Lucky you didn’t get a serious case of sushi worms.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Lucky you didn’t get a serious case of sushi worms.

HG[/quote]

I think i am going to hurl…Huang, that was disturbing! :astonished:
How do the worms get all the way up to the brain??? Craziness! :astonished:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Best do a web search. :laughing:

HG[/quote]

This was taken from the California Institute Of Technology : Engineering and Science article: http://pr.caltech.edu/periodicals/eands/articles/LXVI4/brainworms.html

"…The brain can provide a pleasant, nurturing environment for parasites, because it has structures that prevent many of the immune system