Stop feeding angry posters

No arguing.

Good one.

Argument is the foundation upon which we’ve built our church.

I don’t like to see bullying though and it does go on from time to time.

What irks me more, however, is the self pity crowd. That I don’t get at all.

[quote=“TomHill”]My dad once told me that if you stop replying to people’s anger they eventually stop the anger or take it elsewhere.

I would like to suggest that if you come across a rant or someone who seems very angry then you ignore what they have said and simply don’t reply.

Pattern: Angry person posts something. 5 people reply. Angry person posts again. 5 people reply. Angry person feels validated and starts a new thread. And so on ad infinitum.

Ignore the anger, and watch it die an impotent death.

Great fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em, And little fleas have lesser fleas, and so ad infinitum.[/quote]

Just thought I’d remind you all that this is a thread about ignoring angry ranters, not a thread about arguing as a method of debate.

Sometimes it is interesting to see if someone will chuck a wobbly.

It’s a little childish, but we all enjoy watching a good spaz attack from time to time.

Think about that movie, “Something about Mary.” It was based on the spaz attack principle.

[quote=“Fox”]Sometimes it is interesting to see if someone will chuck a wobbly.

It’s a little childish, but we all enjoy watching a good spaz attack from time to time.

Think about that movie, “Something about Mary.” It was based on the spaz attack principle.[/quote]

True. The disintegration of Woogie was top class.

Exactamundo.

But no one would watch the sequel ‘Woogie loses it for a further two hours,’ or would they?

I don’t know some people spend all their time reading the temp forum.

The temp forum isn’t only for people who lost the plot! There is a cracking thread called ‘Sanitary products’ down there that deals with the very fabric of flob.com! Joesax has a temporary interview question in there too. The moderators suggest one should feel no shame at having a post which is a temporary issue.

My point, in basic speak, is that whilst it’s all well and good to watch people ‘do a Woogie,’ from time to time, it’s not nice to throw more food to Woogie, and that starving him to death is the kindest option in the long run.

There are 10 types of people in the world… those who understand binary and those who don’t.

[quote]Yeah, I think there is a good mix of the insane and the normal.

Some of the posters might be nutjobs but they’re OUR nutjobs.[/quote]
There exist the Draconian “peace keepers” [ not Tom] and the shit disturbers.
Liken it to Islam, and the multidude of sects, and each with the “WAY”…which the other is clearly too stupid to recognize.

Blood still runs…and it always will.

Cyberdueling and wordsmithing an argument can be an interesting experiment in the thought processes or lack thereof of some.

[quote=“TomHill”]My point, in basic speak, is that whilst it’s all well and good to watch people ‘do a Woogie,’ from time to time, it’s not nice to throw more food to Woogie, and that starving him to death is the kindest option in the long run.[/quote]I feel oppressed by all this talk of “niceness”. How dare you impose your outdated moral framework on me!

:wink:

Seriously, Tom, you made your suggestion, and that’s all you can do. I probably wouldn’t even have bothered to post my own opinion on the matter if you hadn’t started this thread.

What about the other eight?

What about the other eight?[/quote]He didn’t say ten, he said 10