Storage facilities

Does anyone know where I could store things for one or two months? Does anyone have any extra space where I could put my things? We’re talking 5 or 6 boxes, no furniture. Please PM me if you have space for rent.
Thanks

check out bikefarm, they have storage space available for rent, but you will have to check with them.

To answer my own question, for anyone else with this problem:
Bikefarm rents out storage space for NT$1,000 for 1 ping a month. The space is on the fourth floor, with no elevator. You can see their contact info on forumosa’s home page.
Steve the Mover will also rent out space. He’s here in the classifieds.

Is it possible to rent a storage facility in or around Taipei? I would like to store some of my stuff while I leave Taiwan for a few months.

Thanks.

bump

Both Bikefarm and Steve the Mover offer storage facilities.

Thanks! :notworthy:

Hey there.

I’m goin back to Canada for 6 months… I figure instead of giving all my stuff away, I could maybe find a place that would charge me to store it.

Got any ideas?

Thanks.

TD

The storage question comes up every couple of months, and obviously, so far, nobody has found anything (or hasn’t posted the info). I just checked on storage info for a friend here in Taipei, and bookmarked a couple of websites:

These 2 seem to look the most promising:
crownvan.com/front/bin/ptdet … t=storage1
montreal.com.tw/indexe.htm

No mention of storage, but who knows? I guess sending an email for asking wouldn’t hurt:
ksmove.com.tw/en/all.htm
fourwinds.com.hk/dir.html
dailymover.com.tw/index.asp?lang=2
asiantigersgroup.com/locations.htm
(Corporate clients only?)
crownworldwide.com/Crown/crw … %2BCountry/A92DFB704C23C33A482564F2002AC4BA

no website, just addresses:

Orient Pacific International
2 FN 31 Sec 1 Chung-Chen Rd
Taipei
Tel: 8862 28343108
FAX: 8862 28357023

Transworld Intl Van Lines
POB 28 276
Taipei
Tel: 8862 8361000
FAX: 8862 8319942
E-Mail:transvan@ms13.hinet.tp

Tsui Mama obviously has a list of movers they recommend:
tmm.org.tw/English/move_EN.htm
Maybe some of them do storage, too?

The only other thing I found while searching for “wei li moving company taipei” was a link to Poagao’s blog :wink:

HTH
Iris

I have a problem in that my landlord has a bunch of really low quality crap taking up room in my place. I can’t throw it out and he won’t store it for us. What we are going to do is rent a room in a Tao Fen (shared apt.) and stack all the crap up in there. Figure it should cost us an extra 3K/month.

So, if anything from those links Iris provided works out cheaper than that, please let us know.

Great job Iris! I searched for a long time and came up with next to nothing. All I could find from your list was asiantigers.

I’m trying to send my car home, too. I’ve done the work to figure if it was allowed in to Canada, now I just have to figure out how to get it there.

My first plan was to put it in a container and ship it along with the stuff in my house, but now I’m looking for a RORO (roll on roll off) service. The RORO means that I can’t put anything in the vehicle and it gets driven onto a ship instead of being put into a container.

ANyway, thanks again for that post it looks like it could help me a great deal.

See ya.

Kelley

Does anyone know of small and cheap storage space in Taipei? The last posting for space was at the bikefarm, but it was from 2 years ago…

Thanks!

for my large collection of esoteric and semi-rare books?

about 6 large cardboard boxes worth

Where in Taipei can I find storage spaces? You know, they rent out little spaces where you can store your junk.

Anyone know about that?

Bump this.

I'm needing to move to larger surroundings. I need to store some furniture, etc. to facilitate the shuffling 'tween dwelling spaces.
Is there anywhere one can rent storage space?

Bump. Have the 4 years since the thread was started brought any more storage lockers to our fair isle?

Is it safe to assume there are still no storage locker rentals in Taiwan?

While we wait, I wonder if anyone has any ideas WHY. Are they illegal? Is there some cultural reason or taboo? Taiwanese can’t afford extra stuff? Extra stuff or boxes are your own karma and responsibility?

Is this the case in Hong Kong… Japan… Mainland China?

I really don’t get it. No closets, no storage, so everyone has to allocate one of the bedrooms as a storage room.

Steven the mover offers storage.

http://steventhemover-e.blogspot.com/2010/06/packing-storage.html

This question came up when I needed to be away for a set amount of time but will be back, and for years the answer is always no one offers this. What I ended up doing is having a family or friend store it. I suppose this is how most Taiwanese do it too, because I know most will have to be away for a year for their military service and I would think the demand for storage would be high, but it may be just that family relationship is so close here that those without families are often left out.

by the way I found these guys that offers storage, price for one cubic meter is about 1000nt a month if you pay by the year.

morespace.com.tw/price.htm

micatch.url.tw/nanpo/index.htm

Or alternatively, there are a lot of student housing near universities (I live in one) and at least the ones near Dankang university the landlord often have trouble renting their rooms out. So I am sure they would be happy to rent any of those rooms out for any purpose. The place I live is only 2000nt a month, I am sure you can negotiate some kind of a deal (just say you need to store stuff or something) and offer to pay for longer periods of time and see if you can get some kind of a discount. I will probably do that in case I leave.