Stream of Consciousness

Beastie Boys are at the Songshan Ciggarette Factory. Don’t know the exact address (GuangFu and Chunghsiao?) but I’m told it’s an outdoor venue (There is an indoor one as well, but I’m told that the venue is in a field). Don’t know about chainsmoker behind the bar, but we can cross our fingers. Shit I forgot to call my landlord… rent is late, again

so what’s the deal with Urban Nomad? Is there paying to get it? Beer with tickets?
I thought Poagao was on tomorrow night? Poagao?

[quote=“salmon”]so what’s the deal with Urban Nomad? Is there paying to get it? Beer with tickets?
I thought Poagao was on tomorrow night? Poagao?[/quote]

Pay at the door. NT$200 for one night, NT$300 for both. Last year they had beer, coke and wicked G&Ts, courtesy of our own Chainsmoker, but I don’t know what the deal is this year. Poagao is indeed supposed to be on tomorrow night, according to the published schedule, but those schedules are notoriously fluid. Anyway, its just a kind of good fun, slightly different kind of Taipei diversion.

[quote]“Every civilization must contend with an unconscious force which can block, betray, or countermand any conscious intention of the collectivity.”

20 POINTS: Discuss the above quote, with reference to Taiwan politics and culture. Who is Taiwan’s Kwizatz Hararech? Will Taiwan pass its Gom Jabar[/quote]

That sounds familiar. What’s it from? A novel I read?

Oh yeah, Beastie Boys coming up. I’m stoked. Here’s some of my favorite lines from their (slightly silly, but incredibly fun) album Hello Nasty:

[quote]Dogs love me becasue I’m crazy sniffable

Came out rapping when I was born
Mommma said rock it til the break of dawn

Flame on, I’m gone
I am sweet like a nice bon-bon

Like a bottle of chateau neuf de pap
I’m fine like wine when I start to rap

If you mock me you’ll get mocked
Ill stir fry you in my wok
Your knees’ll start shaking and fingers pop
Just like a pinch on the neck from Mr Spock

If you ask me turn up the base
And if you play defender I can be your hyper-space

Like Don King, I’ve got a crazy hair-do

Soemtimes I like to brag, sometimes I’m soft spoken
And when i’m in Holland I eat pannenkoken

If my rap’s soup, my beats is stock

Like a broken clock that can;'t tell the time
Like a thick ass book, that’s full of whack rhymes

Like fudge and caramel, they’re not the same

Sweet and sour like a tangerine
Fresh like a box of crispy cremes
Kenny Rogers’ Gambler is my gambling theme
Got A from Mo D for sticking to themes

Because i’m intercontinental and I eat French Toast

I’m the king of boggle, there is none higher
I get 11 points off the word quagmire [/quote]

I think that last one’s my favorite, but I like the mental image of ‘came out rapping when I was born’.

Brian

Number 9, Number 9, Number 9 :smiley: