Struggling with strong depression

I wish we could go for walks, bike rides anywhere. If you can do that, take advantage. Keep active and exercise. We’ve been locked in our homes for quite a while now outside of trips to the grocery. At this moment, it would be great just to take a walk to a night market or bike on the east coast or something.

Good luck

1 Like

Ok, sounds like you SUCK. Aint nobody likes you man… but thats ok!! When i first landed to live in the USA in 99. I had my dad but i wanted to be out of the house as much as possible so as to NOT disturb his life with his young wife. And i had no job and zero idea what the living F to do with myself. I came to the USA with next to no money, just 1000 borrowed from my sister and my grandpa gave me another 1000.

I just bought a bus pass and wandered around SF all day long, every day. For six months I did that until I got my first shit job…And i have been working shit jobs ever since. And happy to do that as not having a shit job is not better than having a shit job if you cant get the job you would like to have !

I had no friends here and i just would literally in the course of the day not need to open my mouth except to order fast food. Lucky i had me dad to chat with at night.

So those were tough times. My bro here gave me a bike so I could ride around on that. And I joined a gym and found out Zero PEOPLE talk to each other at gyms in the USA much unlike in Taipei.

It was a HUGE change from my life in Taiwan.

I survived those tough times and things are better now.
I want to win the lotto and retire and buy a house in Taiwan and just have fun everyday. BUT THAT IS NOT HAPPENING…So i have to deal with REALITY, just like millions of people everywhere.

Yeah, you don’t have a lot of friends… I can count on ONE HAND the number of friends I really have on earth. And only one of them is in the bay area! And hes pooor as fuck and i can only afford to pay for his meal once a week (and actually he owns a house so hes much richer than i on paper).

Suck it up, find your way and realize , IT AINT ALWAYS PRETTY.

And you can maybe see HELL from where you are some days, but hey, unfortunately it can always be WORSE.

So i count my blessings daily and thank God i always had two dimes to rub together even if i dint have much more than that.

And dontworry bout death, you dont have to look for it, it WILL find you one day, its got YOUR address no matter where you move to.

8 Likes

If it was just so easy for me to latch onto some American or Canadian girls…

First of all they are not available. And second of all why would they want to be with a n****er like me??

And the more I want girls the less they want to be around me.

They’re just looking for some rich guys to latch onto. I ain’t one of them. Probably never will be.

There is no such thing as true love or even longsuffering love. that’s all in the movies. It’s hollywood lies. Love, romance, marriage, they are all convenience mixed in with politics.

But it’s enough… I’m just going to craw by no matter what. I always thought I’ll find some girl soulmates, but that’s just hollywood lies. It doesn’t happen. Girls hate guys with problems.

I am white but the first job I did in Taiwan was for 32k a month before taxes and expenses. I also had one year being unemployed here, that sucked.

For the.buxiban thing, you may not feel confident to get a job but there are still loads of locals and ABCs teaching in Buxibans. Just like everything you need to get your foot in the door and get started and gain some confidence . Adults or kids I think you could do fine with adults. Your English is very good, obviously you are pretty much a native speaker .

Those white teachers don’t always have an easy time of it either. See all the posts through the years. Lots of people struggle here for various reasons.

Another thing you could do is review Engliah resumes and LinkedIn profiles.
Also help people with English presentations or essays etc.

While you are looking for part-time jobs and gigs in areas you want to try to break into you consider going back to work in retail to pay the rent . That’s your first priority.

5 Likes

People don’t like people with problems. They have enough of their own. You don’t need to be rich, you just need to be competent, dependable, and stable. Women want someone they can admire and keep them stable.

But one thing at a time. Pay rent and go from there. Thats 1 less problem you have. You can’t fix all your problems right away.

11 Likes

Human beings are irrational.

Some guy has problems. Instead of being the solution let’s create more problems for him.

Nah mate, that’s not true. I have a number of black friends who earn just the same as everyone else.

5 Likes

Have tried to apprentice though? Under a well known maestro of luthiers?

Japanese are really impressive in this area. I’ve met many in Italy, some have even surpassed their masters. A Japanese shoe maker is now one of the best in Italy and people come to Italy to get bespoke shoes from him, a Japanese man. Another is a master crystal glass blower in my town. It can be done.

This is Seiji Miyagawa. He apprenticed under Setafno Bemer, the best Florentine shoe maker. Now people come all over the world to buy his shoes.

There’s also this guy, Hidetaka Fukaya. A Japanese who Italians come for Italian style shoes lol

2 Likes

Plus the problem of getting the girl then changes to keeping the girl and/or to do you really want to keep her??

Haha, it can sound ALL bad. But come on, its part of life man.
Get your head back on your shoulder and first off, get to like yourself a bit more !

If you dont like you, who the heck can like you?
And if you dont like you, make a better you. work out a plan with yourself to like yourself more.

Girls dont like guys with problems. And guys dont like girls with problems. And guys and girls with no problems soon have one as soon as they get their other half.

So you can look at it as glass half full or glass half empty.??!!

Look at it as half full, because there’s more to come !

1 Like

You invited that when you put up the first post. :idunno:

It’s scary to be as down and helpless as you seem to be. That kind of situation makes me moody af.

Help yourself or hurt yourself. If you wanted the latter, you wouldn’t have posted that first bit and then bit every hand that came to feed you.

So? So, help.

Instead of asking for it, why not try helping someone out who needs it more than you do? As soon as all this scary stuff started, I helped out at work, handing out meals to kids. Then I gave blood, Power Red baby. Now I just talk up my neighbors when the Sun comes out.

I admire the folks who step up to make suggestions. This site has always been good for that. However, what you need is to feel better N-O-W, not imagine a new future.

Go help someone today. One person. Go hold a door for someone, move a box, clear a table, smile at someone who looks like they need a smile. There’s a million little fucking things you could do to help someone out. :pinch:

Help. Because it makes us feel better when we help someone.

13 Likes

Yeah there are always those that could use help of some kind.

Like my wife, her family is far from rich and im a poor church mouse too.
But she set up a small fund to help her sisters in indonesia give food packages to some gojack (motorcycle drivers who give one passenger a ride) who are suffering from lack of business as gojack is banned right now. So they are delivering food in jakarta but a lot of them dont have enough errands to run to make money.

so her sisters buy rice and some other daily commodities and hand them out to some of these gojack riders and some of them were in tears.

She asked all her friends to give five bucks and collected a couple hundred dollars, which was enough to buy a good number of packages to distribute.

2 Likes

Judging by your posts you’re on the spectrum. That must make it hard to relate to people. You probably need some professional counselling, but that’s expensive. The problem with asking for advice on forumosa is people are well-meaning, but we don’t know what we are talking about.

4 Likes

Taiwan doesn’t adhere to classical liberalism, just consider all the rights Taiwanese have today such as right to education, right to healthcare, etc. Then you could throw in there as well how the current response to wufan flu squares with classical liberalism, which it probably doesn’t.

Except he’s not black. He could probably be mistaken for a local.

I’m on the spectrum…

Or not. I am not sure. I never really gotten a good look with a real professional, and those cost real money. The guys at the hospital, they just give you a pill and tell you to go away. But when you’re seeing over 100 patients a day who could blame them? Imagine if healthcare in Taiwan cost the same as they do in the states… there would be riots in the street. No way someone working 70 hours a week making only 30k a month is going to afford that!

I had this weird dream… I was using some kind of an app but then it turned into this crazy journey where I just kept using more and more apps. Then I couldn’t just uninstall it because it was costing real money but the cost is based on how much you used the app. So it just got out of control because I couldn’t get rid of all the unnecessary apps from my computer so my costs just went exponential. At the very end I just ended up becoming somebody who was bloated and is a problem to the world rather than a help. Then I saw a person that I seldom see at church, but he’s one of those types that hid behind strict adherence to religion. He started kicking dog poop on the ground at me because he just wanted to mess with me. But in the end of the dream I got into a struggle with a person who has a weapon including a 1911. But the weird thing was I heard a message that I have become the bullet that killed him. And I saw myself as a bullet inside the chamber of a gun and as I was being pushed through the barrel I started going on this wild ride of twists and stuff (because you know the barrel of a gun has these twists to spin the bullet so it would fly straight) that ends up turning into a roller coaster…

All I can say is hang on in there mate.

You need professional help. Even if it’s just pills.

9 Likes

old thread i saw. these girls exist in taiwan. Taiwanese girls with US citizenship. maybe you can find one of these? Gotta be out there though, cant run into one sitting in your room.

being stuck on stay at home, iv been watching tons of movies of all genres. And one of the top movies these days is a rom com that is actually pretty enjoyable.

check it out LOVE MARRIAGE REPEAT.

Spoilers here:

check out a few situs which can mirror real life (although you believe hollywood is full of bs, actually a lot of the stuff that happens mirrors real life and thats why they attract viewers).

observe a few things:

1. being a maniac focused on something not real and irrational is definitely OUT and means LOSER. So dont be that guy. The guy that tries to ruin the wedding.

2. Also be sure to take your opportunity when it presents itself as in the opening scene when our main dude is with olivia munns character (and man shes HOT).
    He does get a chance later on to recapture the moment, but has lost three years ! In real life this beginning chance is probably just one chance and is unlikely to repeat itself in such favorable circumstances because LIFE HAPPENS.

3. the car insurance salesman fails to realize someone was watching him and was not open to the possibility of romance on her first approach. She approached with a drink for him, so that was a plus on her side, but it was not taken well, so it failed for her too.
    in her second scene, where things were different, she saw him and approached him with no props but at a right time . Notice her body language, shes sexy and relaxed. Leans against the wall and presents her hand out with her opening line…Im Christina. This approach worked for her. Notice how she leads the conversation to establish quickly whether he was available and interested. She leans in to him when she talks to him when she gets the chance and otherwise leans backwards with a relaxed and sexy attitude. She asks him very quickly what he does and if he was alone at the party. She had been watching him at the party unnoticed by the guy. The guy had been all over the place looking for hot girls and failed to realize Christina was a good candidate.

Pointer here is that in a social scene you should be nice, presentable and approachable because you do NOT know who you may like has her eyes on YOU. Now most girls wait for the man to approach but some ladies take things in their own hands. There is generally more success if you scope the room and being a numbers game “put yourself out there so to speak and CREATE an opportunity to talk to a young lady you like”.

We had another couple who were not a couple but were known to each other, the guy rather thought he disliked the girl but knew the girl liked him. Things turned out quite different for him/her later no?
Pointer: be aware that “friends” could become “more than friends” Don’t automatically write people off.

1 Like

???

???

Anyway, @Taiwan_Luthiers, I’m very sorry to learn that you’ve been feeling like this. I strongly recommend that you seek some professional help, as some of the others in this thread have been saying.

1 Like

Most girls around me? Especially ones I happen to like? I know for sure they don’t like me.

They seem pretty intentional about not wanting to talk to me and when I approach her she often seem to want to end the conversation as soon as possible.

And this is nearly all girls I have run across.

So if there is some girl out there, in church perhaps who likes me I am sure if I am too thick to notice she will take matters into her own hand. However none of that has happened. So I know for sure they don’t like me.

I distinctly recall @Taiwan_Luthiers say that his grandfather immigrated from China when his dad was only a toddler.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that he’s not black, cause there could have been black residents in China during WW2. But the likelihood is he is of Chinese ethnicity.

1 Like