Struggling with strong depression

well dont waste time with them, there are billions of girls out there. Just get yourself in shape mentally , physically as much as you can and dont FOCUS on getting girls, but be able to handle it if you get an opportunity to make friends. Some of them you will only get conversation, some you may get a movie out of, some may actually turn into a relationship. Women are like horses though, they are scared of people that may cling on to them, or too needy. You may weird them off if you think too much of things. Just relax, expect NOTHING but hit the ball and try to get to first base, if you strike out? So what. LIfe is not only about women.

In fact it should NOT be about women at all. Women are just a part.

2 Likes

I was under the impression that TL is mixed race.

At any rate, this is probably not particularly relevant to his current issues. I’m just confused about why he’d refer to himself as an n-word.

Could be. I’ve never met him in person. So I can’t know for certain. @Taiwan_Luthiers, care to enlighten us?

Apart from seeing a doctor, it might help you to speak to your pastor about your struggles with your faith. Don’t know if this has been suggested already.

4 Likes

Yes none of us really know what you are about enough to be able to give good sound advice at all times. We just say stuff and see if any of it sticks for you.

But pro help is expensive and that sucks. Try your best to be your own best friend and someone will come along (make friends with guys too, life is not only about sex) who will like being YOUR friend too.

2 Likes

I’m han Chinese. Dad is waishenren and mom is benshenren.

I used the n-word because that’s how white women regard asian guys. Do not touch with a 9 foot pole.

And as for anything more than 5 minute conversations that they seem to want out ASAP, chances of that is far and few between. I had a girl I was friends with back in the states but that was it. For the most part they stayed away and I know enough to not push the issue because they are very easily weirded out. So I usually just stay away from them.

pastor is constantly busy. Doesn’t seem to have time to talk unless it gets to crisis proportions. I do not think he likes me. He says it’s not true and it’s lies from the devil but I know better. Because otherwise he wouldn’t be constantly busy. Most of my “busy” friends are guys too.

Also I’m not against having sex with guys too. In fact it’s like 100 times easier than with girls and just as satisfying.

dont read too much into dreams, they really dont mean a whole lot

Speaking of, are your parents still around and do you have a good relationship with them? I know it’s heard to broach the topic of mental health with Asian parents, but perhaps they’d be willing to help you if you’re truly in dire straits.

Bisexual too? The things we’re learning about you today!

2 Likes

No.

Dad says girls will come when I make a ton of money, nothing more.

Otherwise he just puts pressure on me to succeed but will not provide practical advise or offer real help, but says I have to find it on my own.

I don’t like my parents because they have a bad habit of gaslighting me.

A pastor’s life is ultra busy. No doubt about that. They not only have a personal life, but they also have to think about about a whole congregation. It’s hard enough to look after family members. Try multiplying that by 100.

hmm, not good
Dictionary

gas·light

verb

gerund or present participle: gas-lighting

1. manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.

“in the first episode, Karen Valentine is being gaslighted by her husband”

I’m sure, but I think it’s worth trying to get his attention at this point.

False

It’s more about personality.

4 Likes

You can teach at some Cram schools. Do it part time, say make 30 to 40, 000 a month to pay off rent , food etc. The rest of the time focus on your business. I would buy stuff from you but can’t right, now as I just paid of a huge debt one of my kids ran up, in fact I won’t have finished paying it to early next year!
I really enjoy your posts and I despite having the name Crusher have also had depression. You could do some legal busking too if you get a street performers license. Can you teach guitar ?

5 Likes

Definitely.

I agree with this. I am ethnic Asian (not Taiwanese) thus not “White” and can if I so wanted to do teaching (I do this as something like this as a consultant now). As far the first post and friends, so our business is slower thus less money, so I spend less. I found out to my surprise some of my friends are just fine with super cheap meal/drinks or just a walk along the love river (Kaoshiung) or a bike or scoter ride to a beach (free) or hills or just any relaxing place, or just sitting on my couch for a chat or more. Of course some people like fancy foods and such, but I it’s less than I would of though. It’s more just being confident about yourself and knowing this time is not normal. Sometimes a little cash can go a long way and even a low paying job at this time would help passing the time and money would help. (I have negative cash flow it seems, but I’m fine in the long term).

1 Like

I didn’t say he was, I was simply pointing out that you don’t need to be white to get paid decent wages.

There are loads of ABCs here teaching too!

2 Likes

I’d prioritize an appointment with a mental health professional at this point but I think @crusher had some good ideas for you.

Are you sure you don’t get along well with kids? Have you ever tried working with them? The people who say “I’m not good with kids” are often the ones children like the most.

1 Like