Student worth NT$500 million dies 2 hours after same-sex marriage

Legally new, sure, but “unusual”? Heterosexual couples might make up more of the population of Taiwan, but people in same-sex relationships are hardly rare. I also see way more people working in the service industry who aren’t hiding their identity, which I almost never see outside of “very gay areas” in the US.

1 Like

I don’t know. Perhaps I’m wrong. I’m assuming that the number of same-sex marriages is a tiny percentage of total marriages. A couple of percent at most.

2 Likes

The plot thickens. The mother is stateless, kicked out she would be if China cooperated due to the kid’s “grandma” filing a case against her.

So someone else will benefit from the money.

8 Likes

FvigXDXXwAAw2hv

Speculation of cause, but would not be surprised if the ‘grandma’ had a hand in all the drama.

2 Likes

It was only recently decriminalized as well. You have been here a short time. It used to be common gay bars were raided. People could be jailed for passing on diseases.

I didn’t feel a thing. I didn’t even hear her go splat.

Think you might’ve missed his dig …:laughing:

1 Like

This article adds that the owner’s son had s first wife, from Vietnam. They had a daughter. Technically speaking, she’s the only granddaughter.

Comments ask why media and lawyers focus on deceased kid’s mom legal status more than the circumstances of his demise.

6 Likes

Plot twist.

Autopsy confirms that the deceased indeed died from a fall, and not by poison.

1 Like

Mother of an 18-year-old millionaire high school student who died hours after he was married said she has kept her son’s body on ice for nearly nine months.
She has paid NT$30,000 per month in morgue fees to keep her son’s body in its frozen state for 272 days.
She has not cremated her son for fear his body will be needed for further investigation.

2 Likes