Stupid Sh*t My Taiwanese Girlfriend Says

A little female Hitler you have there, huh? That is not even funny really ==;

As for the topic… oh, girlfriends of all nations says lots of silly things. But this is also true for boyfriends, though I might say I can’t remember anything particularly stupid my bf would say :ponder:

never make the mistake of telling a Taiwanese person your current physical state is a single iota below perfect unless you want to be nervously told to go see a Doctor, take some Vitamin C tablets and wear a face mask

maybe if I was more accepting of hyperchondriacs and feigned concern this wouldn’t bug me - one day I’ll find the angle from which I should see them and gain complete ambivalence but until then… :@

“Don’t shower or bath for one month after you have a child.” Has anyone else heard this one before??

Sure, and it used to make some sense as far as I know. A century ago or so. :doh:

Innocently went to see the “very funny blog”… lame. I wanted to read a few for my chic, I enjoy teasing her with that kind of stuff, I just felt stupid. I should proof read next time.

“Come along to KTV ,you will enjoy it”
"Is it ok if my Mum stays tonight?..we are just arriving now…and my Sister as well?
“This restaurant is really famous” You can substitute Restaurant for Café,Shoe shop,Breakfast bar,Dumpling shop etc.
“Don’t throw that food away…” (Still in Fridge a week later)
“This Hotel will be OK and it’s really cheap”
“I do pay attention to all the traffic when I ride my scooter”

It’s incredible how everyone here wears a mask when they have the sniffles, but has no concern about coughing with open mouths (and loudly) in public places. Just yesterday a mid-40s lady was spraying her breath all over customers and passersby at the Songshan Carrefour…

Yes, this used to be true at the beginning of the century, circa 1900 when peoples used to drawn water from wells or rivers for their bath. They didn’t have treated water and a woman needed to be very careful after birthing a child. She just cleaned herself with sponge baths for a month. But then the old generation of grandmas started to “pass their wisdom” down and even to this day many women still follow the "old wisdom"of not taking baths after birth.

Taiwan and its ethnically Chinese inhabitants are slow to embrace change? Shocking!!!

well wearing a mask provides a nice, damp, warm breeding ground for bacteria and viruses, so any poking around with those dirty fingers of yours means you’re actually much more likely to catch something because the one off exposure you normally get is replaced with a constant oral sheath of rich, thriving microbes

as for protecting others from yourself, well, it’s the same concept as covering your mouth with your hands except people tend to think with the mask they won’t infect anyone else and again, will poke and itch around without realising that they’re now spreading it

I’ve heard this one, My wife explained its so they don’t get cold and catch a fever but its irreverent now as they have hair dryers etc.

:laughing: I heard this so many times the first time I visited, it became an ongoing joke.

“we are going to so and so”

“Is it famous?”

Sometimes the famous ones are good.

Here, they’re all crap. Go where the locals go.

And back to the pure blood girl - I always thought Chinese seemed to be the most mixed up out of the Asian races. Everybody’s been emigrating there for centuries. Taiwan’s certainly the most mixed-blood place in Asia, that’s for sure.

thumbs up on this one man , if many of us could remove the respective from our asses and just relax life might not be so fucking difficult… hey twats it’s a joke :bravo:

I laughed. Gonna show my gf when she gets home and see what she thinks about it.

Oh man, I wish that video didn’t seem so familiar…

As hard as she’s trying to play it up in that video the sad truth is there are plenty of guys here who are turned on by that behavior. I always cringe when I see guys dating these types of girls. It’s not very PC to say but I always have this thought in the back of my head, lock up your children because there’s a lot of dudes who like little girls in this country…

PS: That “Things my girlfriend and I have argued about” blog is hilarious.

wow, you poor guys…(not really, there’s surely similar video about boyfriends)

I have to admit I’m guilty of getting turned on by it. When my gf acts in a similar fashion I quickly tire of it and feel I can’t stand another minute. But then the fire of irritation turns into a different type of warmth, and I can’t contain my desire :blush: I’m hopelessly sick :aiyo:

That’s… special.