Subway Restaurants in Taiwan

[quote=“Gelangweilt”]what sauce(s) do you put on the regular tuna sandwich?
what is the subway default?[/quote]

They should be asking you what you want.

The standard complimentary toppings are:
Mayonnaise, Mustard, Oil, Vinegar, Salt, Pepper

Personally I don’t like mustard on Tuna.

[quote=“jlick”][quote=“Gelangweilt”]what sauce(s) do you put on the regular tuna sandwich?
what is the subway default?[/quote]

They should be asking you what you want.

The standard complimentary toppings are:
Mayonnaise, Mustard, Oil, Vinegar, Salt, Pepper

Personally I don’t like mustard on Tuna.[/quote]

Thanks James! :slight_smile:
Thats also why i aksed: usually i go with ketchup, mayo and mustard, but it doesnt fit the tuna sandwhich.

i never had oil / vinegar on my sub. sunds quite good actually.
is there somewhere a list where i can see what the standard ‘configuration’ of a subway sandwich is?

i also never asked for pepper / salt… OMG.

feel like a subway noob now

Ketchup (and Tabasco) are optional sauces picked by the Taiwan market. Since they are optional not every restaurant will have them, and Subway restaurants outside of Taiwan usually won’t have ketchup.

I’m not aware of any public listing of this information.

Even Zhuwei near Danshui is getting its own Subway.
Right now it’s just a banner in front of an empty restaurant on the other side from the Zhuwei MRT station. I looked twice to make sure it wasn’t Subber. It’s not. It’s the real Subway. Now still hoping it’s one of the ‘good’ franchisees.

I ate at Subway in 101 again and I’m pleased to say that it has been consistently good.

The other sandwich place in 101 (the one which is part juice bar, part ice cream stand)is better. They’ve got a great smoked salmon sandwich - I usually grab one when I’m in or near 101.

SUBWAY™ turkey products contain no ham.

However the meats in the Cold Cut Combo are all turkey-based meats including the ‘ham’. Perhaps this is what he was trying to say.

Nice flashback thread. Tigerman, you still crack me up.

jklick, I’ve always been curious what that means exactly. Can you fill us in? Does it mean the the ham is not ham at all, but rather ham-flavoured turkey?

Isn’t that a description of cured, pressed meat from the leg of the turkey? (Leg of pig – (pork) ham; leg of turkey – turkey ham).

jklick, I’ve always been curious what that means exactly. Can you fill us in? Does it mean the the ham is not ham at all, but rather ham-flavoured turkey?[/quote]

The ham in the most of our subs is real ham.

The Cold Cut Combo is different. All the meats in that sub are made from turkey with added flavorings. I’m not sure how common it is outside the US, but in the US it is common to find turkey based ham, bologna and other meats either for health reasons or dietary restrictions.

No, it is turkey flavored to taste like ham.

GAAAAH! You really should think about how much you want this publicized – fake bread, fake cheese, fake ham. Gawd!

What’s the deal with changing your sub into a meal?
I usually get a 12" and some places absolutely refuse to let me make it into a meal and say I can only do that with a 6".
Most locations let me do it though.

[quote=“Josefus”]What’s the deal with changing your sub into a meal?
I usually get a 12" and some places absolutely refuse to let me make it into a meal and say I can only do that with a 6".
Most locations let me do it though.[/quote]
Yeah I wonder about that too. It’s annoying.

Currently the meal discount is only for 6" subs in Taiwan. The story is that too many people would split a 12" and then share the free refill soda among several people. Personally I don’t buy that rationale as you have the same problem with refills regardless. For what it is worth, both of my restaurants allow the meal discount for 6", 12" and Salads.

I’ve eaten at the new Subway just north of the Qizhang MRT station a few times, and every time the bread’s been fresh, the toppings just right and well-arranged, and the staff friendly. I hope they keep it up; it’s very nice, one of the best Subways I’ve been to in Taipei, and I told them so.

The Subway restaurant one stop up at Dapinglin MRT station is run by the same owner.

Who in the hell wants mustard and mayonaise? They always want to put both on and it you don’t catch them, they will.

Most of our customers, both foreign and domestic. :wink: