Subway Restaurants in Taiwan

Those of us who make it. It’s a dairy dilemma, I’m telling you. A pasture panic.

[quote=“Tomas”]By the way, I had a sandwich at the Taipei 101 Subway today. I got two slices of cheese, and the sandwich was as good as ever.[/quote]I must have just missed you. I was there at around 12:20 but the queue was too long so I went to the juice/sub sandwich place just along from there. That was good actually. A smoked salmon sub and some very healthy avocado-and-something-else shake for 200NT.

But I like Subway sandwiches too. I can take or leave the cheese but the other stuff is good for the price.

squeeze cheeze…

Sounds like we should have a 101 lunch group. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m often there too.

[quote=“urodacus”]squeeze cheeze…
[/quote]

Far out, now that’s amazing! I really didn’t know cheese got any less real than Kraft slices!

HG

Wow!

You guys are scoring things that MY local Subway DOES NOT CARRY.

I just asked for one of those “Squeeze Cheese” subs (thanks for the tip, Uro); they acted like I didn’t know what I was talking about.

My Chinese isn’t so good, but I mimed the squirting process, and they asked if I wanted oil, mustard or mayo.

I told them to forget it. “Just give me one of those Tuna-and-Apple juices” (Jlick told me about 'em).

They said the best they could do was apple juice.

z

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Far out, now that’s amazing! I really didn’t know cheese got any less real than Kraft slices!
HG[/quote]
Who’s never heard of Cheese Whiz?

Weelll, me? Sounds revolting. Bear in mind that a whiz is something you take when your bladder’s full in Oz, and in kid speak, the source of the whiz can take on the same name, so a cheese whiz? That’s undoubtedly why it never graced a table in my childhood.

Hmm . . .

Not exactly bastions of fine eating!

HG

[quote=“joesax”][quote=“Tomas”]By the way, I had a sandwich at the Taipei 101 Subway today. I got two slices of cheese, and the sandwich was as good as ever.[/quote]I must have just missed you. I was there at around 12:20 but the queue was too long so I went to the juice/sub sandwich place just along from there. That was good actually. A smoked salmon sub and some very healthy avocado-and-something-else shake for 200NT.

But I like Subway sandwiches too. I can take or leave the cheese but the other stuff is good for the price.[/quote]

You just didn’t recognize me. I’ve been working out, eating a lot of Subway, and look like this now:

Here’s how I used to look, a few months ago before I made some changes to my diet and exercise habits:

and there’s spray cheeze in a can too, for the truly gastro-challenged among us. reminds me of that spray on spider web stuff for halloween.

Talk of aerosol cheese spray in a thread about cutting the cheese. We’ve come full circle.

[quote=“zender”]Wow!

You guys are scoring things that MY local Subway DOES NOT CARRY.

I just asked for one of those “Squeeze Cheese” subs (thanks for the tip, Uro); they acted like I didn’t know what I was talking about.

My Chinese isn’t so good, but I mimed the squirting process, and they asked if I wanted oil, mustard or mayo.

I told them to forget it. “Just give me one of those Tuna-and-Apple juices” (Jlick told me about 'em).

They said the best they could do was apple juice.

z[/quote]

um, again i must apologise for any misconceptions: i hope people don’t think that those fake cheese things are available from Subway. they’re not. i was just going off on a tangent about squeeze cheeze related things …

if you do want cheese in a spray can, you’ll have to go to Manila for your closest supply, or perhaps Guam.

[quote=“Tomas”][quote=“joesax”][quote=“Tomas”]By the way, I had a sandwich at the Taipei 101 Subway today. I got two slices of cheese, and the sandwich was as good as ever.[/quote]I must have just missed you. I was there at around 12:20 but the queue was too long so I went to the juice/sub sandwich place just along from there. That was good actually. A smoked salmon sub and some very healthy avocado-and-something-else shake for 200NT.

But I like Subway sandwiches too. I can take or leave the cheese but the other stuff is good for the price.[/quote]

You just didn’t recognize me. I’ve been working out, eating a lot of Subway, and look like this now:

[/quote]Yeah, come to think of it I did see a sweaty guy being told to put his shirt on by the building security guards … :wink:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Weelll, me? Sounds revolting. Bear in mind that a whiz is something you take when your bladder’s full in Oz, and in kid speak, the source of the whiz can take on the same name, so a cheese whiz? That’s undoubtedly why it never graced a table in my childhood.

Hmm . . .

Not exactly bastions of fine eating!

HG[/quote]

I’m definitely not a fan of Cheese Whiz. However, I’d would take it anyday over:

Vegemite is the devil.

You can get Cheez Whiz at any of the fine Philippine stores on Zhongshan North Road between Minquan and Minzu roads. It’s right there with the SPAM and Tang (no, no kidding!).

Somewhere between Spam and Tang, so right where it should be! :laughing:

But geez, you bastards really know how to kick a fella when he’s down! If this keeps up, we’ll all walk, then see what happens to HK.

[quote]HK Aussies crying out for Vegemite
Australians in Hong Kong are finding expatriate life harder to cope with due to a shortage of one of their favourite foods - Vegemite, a news report said on Sunday.

Supplies of the popular spread have run out across the city of 6.9 million, where tens of thousands of Australian expatriate business people, diplomats and their families live.

Many families unable to do without Vegemite as a way of starting their day have resorted to getting relatives to bring in supplies when they come on visits, the Sunday Morning Post newspaper reported.

Schoolboy David Atkins, who attends the Australian International School, told the newspaper he was miserable after going for three weeks without his favourite spread.

“We have some now because Auntie Karen brought some up from Sydney, and they have plenty of Vegemite there,” he said.

A spokeswoman for one of Hong Kong’s two main supermarket chains Wellcome said suppliers had blamed the shortage on a change of the company that packages Vegemite for export in Australia.

But a spokesman for Vegemite’s manufacturer Kraft told the newspaper the explanation seemed unlikely and promised: “Rest assured we will work to ensure Vegemite is back in Hong Kong as soon as possible.”

British-made yeast extract Marmite, which looks similar to Vegemite but has a different taste, is still available in Hong Kong but many Australians refuse to accept it as a substitute[/quote]

HG

The nerve, referring to Marmite as a substitute for Vegemite. The other way round is what it should be, and a rather inadequate substitute at that!

Seconded!
What is it with those in the Southern Hemispherre and their lumpy yeast extract.

Real Men eat their yeast straight up.
The flavor is far more intense than any bouillon bovril broth based muck.

HuZZaH!