Summer BBQ beach party 27 May

[quote=“jdsmith”]What is the time you all are looking at?

edit: I know the time is listed as 3PM, but when will you guys REALLY be there?[/quote]

Good question. I’d love to take the train out there with my daughter, assuming the wife gives permission (she won’t be joining us). We haven’t done that train ride before, but I’m sure it’ll be easy and my girl will have a great time. A couple people have posted this time table:

Train Taipei Fulong
莒光37 13:35 14:50
區間2725 13:45 15:07

When the time to go home, by trains:
Train Fulong Taipei
自強2044 21:27 22:36
區間2722 21:45 23:04
莒光2856 21:56 23:08

You’re all welcome to stay all night, but we’ll definitely need to leave earlier than that, as my girl’s just 3 and her bedtime is usually 10ish. So, I might catch a train back about 8ish to arrive home 9:30ish, if there’s a train at that time (anyone know when are the earlier trains there and back). About 3 to 8 at the beach sounds reasonable for us.

What are others thinking of timing?

How about barbecue? Anyone bringing a grill? Would you have room for me to throw a little meat on your grill?

Any other kids going?

Me!

3ish sounds about right for me too.

Looking forward to seeing you Loretta. I’m almost certain we’ll be there, probably arriving by train a little before 3.

Anyone else still planning on attending?

Anyone bringing BBQ? Beer?

I’ll be there if the weather is good.

Anyone have/bringing a cooler? Might be useful if we plan on staying there a bit.

Is anyone actually bringing a grill? Don’t want people to be bringing raw meat if they can’t cook it.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Looking forward to seeing you Loretta. I’m almost certain we’ll be there, probably arriving by train a little before 3.

Anyone else still planning on attending?

Anyone bringing BBQ? Beer?[/quote]

We’ve never met have we? I’ll be dressed as a nun for the occasion, so easily recognisable.

Haven’t really given any thought to food yet. I remember Buttercup offered to cut off one of her feet, but I’ll need more than that.

Is anyone at all taking a BBQ? Or are we all relying on the famous Fulong lunchboxes?

I think we did once about a year ago at Carnage, the one time I attended a forumosa HH.

I should be recognizable too as I may be the only foreigner at the beach with a 3 year-old girl . . . and an ice chest full of beer.

[quote]Haven’t really given any thought to food yet. I remember Buttercup offered to cut off one of her feet, but I’ll need more than that.

Is anyone at all taking a BBQ? Or are we all relying on the famous Fulong lunchboxes?[/quote]

I take it they don’t have grills there? Can one buy an all-in-one-disposable-BBQ package at Wellcom or the like?

Tigerman: are you out there? Are you still thinking of coming?

I wish my office played by the rules. A four day weekend would make being an office monkey ok. I also got shafted on labour day.

The weather seems promising! :slight_smile:

I will be there as long as I don’t miss the train.

I am not much good at BBQ, have no idea at all, but I will try to prepare something fun for kids and doggies.

Any doggy coming?

Lupillus, this thing sounds a bit on the plebian side for the likes of me. However, I have an ice chest belonging to Tigerman in my yard, which I’m sure he won’t mind you borrowing, so long as you bring it home with you. You know where I live. Someone should be there on Saturday afternoon if you or your longhaired twat of a neighbour care to come over for it.

I’ll be there if the weather’s OK or better. I can bring a cheapo grill, but I don’t feel like BBQing. If I bring some food can you cook it for me? :wink: Otherwise grills are 200-300 at supermarkets and sometimes convenience stores.

Brian

Woof!

This sounds great… so it is this Sunday right? I’ve gone through so many posts with so many days discussed I’m confused as to if this is even in Taiwan anymore.

I’ve never been out of Taipei yet… are there places near there to buy food and drinks or should I bring with me if I find my way? My guess is there will be a 7-11 in the water every fifteen feet or so, but just to be safe.

Where do I get the train? Taipei Main or is there somewhere else I need to try and find. Damn I sound like a rookie!

So are people still meeting at the south end of the beach by the temple?

You don’t even need to bring food. When you get there, you’ll see why. Can dine on Sashimi outside 30meters from the beach along with all kinds of fresh seafood goodies. The Cabana they have set up outside is brilliant. Bring a cooler/munchies down to the beach sure, but you don’t need to cook. The restaurant there really does have a great outdoor ambiance, and we stop there after every diving weekend as well as Fulong beach days.

It’s about a 0.8km walk from the Train Station to the Temple. We are going to end up having people all over the beach if we don’t agree on a common area. Sounds like a few people have never been there before.

Ok, if you are coming out of the Train station, walk straight out until you hit the main Road. Turn right. Keep walking along until you see a small bridge with drainage underneath. Just past is a small road heading toward the water. Turn left there and you’ll walk past some pretty nondescript 3 story condos…Pass those (the last two have foreigners living in them, so if you think you are lost then ask them) and keep going on the path next to the beach…Within 30 seconds you’ll be able to see your destination, the big temple at the end of the beach and the covered area in front of the seafood place.

Hope to see you there…I’ll be the one hobbling :s

If you need directions by car/motorcycle from Taipei or anywhere else, give me a PM

MJB

Yeah. Zack and I and a friend (Just Greg) plan on taking the train out there. Look forward to seeing you there. Hope it doesn’t rain.

This sounds good. I was thinking I wouldn’t carry anything… but, maybe I will take a small cooler with some cider or such.

[quote=“MJB”]It’s about a 0.8km walk from the Train Station to the Temple. We are going to end up having people all over the beach if we don’t agree on a common area. Sounds like a few people have never been there before.

Ok, if you are coming out of the Train station, walk straight out until you hit the main Road. Turn right. Keep walking along until you see a small bridge with drainage underneath. Just past is a small road heading toward the water. Turn left there and you’ll walk past some pretty nondescript 3 story condos…Pass those (the last two have foreigners living in them, so if you think you are lost then ask them) and keep going on the path next to the beach…Within 30 seconds you’ll be able to see your destination, the big temple at the end of the beach and the covered area in front of the seafood place. [/quote]

Thanks for the directions. Look forward to seeing you.

Thanks for that. I put it in the OP too.

Sounds like it’s going to be fun. Everybody has enough phone numbers to make sure they manage to hook up with someone if they get lost?

And have we got a flag? Need a flag.

There’s a temple at the end of the beach. Hows that for a flag?

Yeah. Zack and I and a friend (Just Greg) plan on taking the train out there. Look forward to seeing you there. Hope it doesn’t rain.[/quote]

“Just Greg”? Is he a judge or something?

Can you take dogs on the train?

[quote=“Loretta”]
Can you take dogs on the train?[/quote]

Checked! No doggy on train.

I’m heading out now for the East coast as I’ve yet another venue to attend.

For those of you driving cars:

You will pass Fulong Downtown heading south, and continue until the road starts to go to the left. Right there, you’ll see a traditional Temple-like gate on a small alley to your left. Take that, and follow it until it ends in a big parking lot next to the temple.

Look for my white Isuzu 4x4 parked around there. Most likely Wookie, myself and maybe JD (you diving tomorrow?) will be there before 3pm.

See you there…I’ll be the big dude with the bum leg.

:whistle:

:uhhuh: