Syphilis

Yeah, STDs have been deportable since they ever had ARCs…

Good point. Part of syphilis management is documenting treatement is working by testing at intervals after therapy for many months. It’s not something you can do on your own and you absolutely shouldn’t be having sex without the follow-up testing–2 good reasons to get tested first, in the hopes that you don’t have it.

I feel sorry for the young guy! He’s only 19 and not only has he got this to worry about, the chances of having the big, bad unmentionable one are much higher if you have contracted the Pox! Crease, go to Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand or somewhere and get treated and also get tested for HIV while you are at it!! I hope for your sake that you haven’t got Syphilis because it is a brute to get rid of apparently. :astonished:

I just pulled some info off the internet about syphillis:

campus.umr.edu/studenthealth/sex … illis.html

[i]During the first stage, the Primary stage, painless ulcers called chancres occur on the genitalia, anus, fingers, lips, tongue, tonsils or eyelids. Women may develop chancres on the cervix or vaginal wall. The chancres usually heal after 3 to 6 weeks even when untreated.

The Secondary stage begins within a few days or up to 8 weeks after the ulcers appear. Symptoms include headache, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, appetite and weight loss, sore throat and slight fever. A rash can occur on arms, palms, soles, face and scalp. Drainage that occurs from this rash is highly contagious. Some people experience hair loss.

In the Latent stage, physical signs and symptoms are usually absent. The rash may reoccur during this stage.

In the Late stage, symptoms depend on which organs the disease has invaded. If it has invaded the nervous system, headache, dizziness, sleeplessness, seizures and psychosis may develop. Lesions, called gummas, may occur on the skin, bones or any body organ. These lesions are usually painless but can be disfiguring. Syphillis can also affect the heart and kidneys. [/i]

Scary stuff. I had no idea it was that serious. Get yourself to a clinic ASAP, my friend…

I just pulled some info off the internet about syphillis:

campus.umr.edu/studenthealth/sex … illis.html

[i]During the first stage, the Primary stage, painless ulcers called chancres occur on the genitalia, anus, fingers, lips, tongue, tonsils or eyelids. Women may develop chancres on the cervix or vaginal wall. The chancres usually heal after 3 to 6 weeks even when untreated.

The Secondary stage begins within a few days or up to 8 weeks after the ulcers appear. Symptoms include headache, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, appetite and weight loss, sore throat and slight fever. A rash can occur on arms, palms, soles, face and scalp. Drainage that occurs from this rash is highly contagious. Some people experience hair loss.

In the Latent stage, physical signs and symptoms are usually absent. The rash may reoccur during this stage.

In the Late stage, symptoms depend on which organs the disease has invaded. If it has invaded the nervous system, headache, dizziness, sleeplessness, seizures and psychosis may develop. Lesions, called gummas, may occur on the skin, bones or any body organ. These lesions are usually painless but can be disfiguring. Syphillis can also affect the heart and kidneys. [/i]

Scary stuff. I had no idea it was that serious. Get yourself to a clinic ASAP, my friend…

I also just read that it can be spread through kissing. Wow… :noway:

I must agree with the other people. It has to be treated soon. Your concern, however, is that your going to be deported.

In any clinic,all test results have to go to the CDC first. Then once they know, they will tell your doctor. So, all testing is done by the CDC first. If you go to a clinic, you will have to register because they need to see your ARC card or your passport. There’s usually no other way, even if you pay cash.(It’s just more expensive)

What other foreigners have done is go to Korea, Hong Kong, or any other country and get treated. After you have been treated and confirmed to be well, then you can come back and no authorities can say anything to you. You didn’t have syphillis in Taiwan! You had it somewhere else. Legally, you are OK!

But, you must get it treated before the other stages. If you don’t other organs in your body may be irreversibly hurt!

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Exactly what they said.

Syphillis passes from stages one to three.
HG[/quote]

Phases one to four actually. Phase three is the inactive phase with no outward symptoms that can last for 20 years.

Phase four is where it all goes to shit.

If treated in the first or second phase it never progresses past that. Although you will always have it you wont die if treated, but you’ll also never be able to have kids either.

Get it treated.

Goood advice here, it really sucks if you have multiples though and are not sure which gave it to you. Very sorry to hear of your plight crease. You have to throw any and all ego out the door on this one, just get er fixed.

A friend of mine let it go too long, and when he went to the doctor they told him they would have to amputate his penis. Needless to say, he was shocked, and sought a second, then a third opinion, from western medical practitioners, but they all agreed on the prognosis. Finally, he decided to try traditional chinese medicine. The new doctor laughed and gave him the news: “the western doctors are wrong: there is no need to amputate! …just wait another week and it will fall off on its own!”

badum ching!