T20 Cricket World Cup

Bit of a lottery, eh? I think we can safely say that Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and Ireland aren’t going to win it, though.

Bangladesh can beat any of the top teams on the day.

The West Indies have become a woeful shadow of their glory years.

South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, England, India, New Zealand. Paper/scissors/stone. :smiley:

I’m betting on India.

Batting stats: cricket20.com/db/t20_wc/stat … .asp?001=1
Bowling stats: cricket20.com/db/t20_wc/stat … .asp?001=1
World rankings: cricket20.com/db/power_ranki … .asp?001=1

Our resident captain, Sir Donald [color=#000080]Bismarck[/color] has graciously set up a Forumosa competition on Superbru. PM him for details if you wish to join. :thumbsup:

[quote=“jimipresley”]Bit of a lottery, eh? I think we can safely say that Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and Ireland aren’t going to win it, though.

Bangladesh can beat any of the top teams on the day.

South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, England, India, New Zealand. Paper/scissors/stone. :smiley:

I’m betting on India.[/quote]
That’s as good a bet as any. SA still seem to be chokers to actually winning anything with a cup at the end.
Aussie always seems to do well at these sorts of things.

It’s open to anyone on Forumosa, so here are the details: Superbru World T20
Join up and enter this pool code: hoopsoup
And you’re good to go. So far we have five punters ready to battle it out. My brother in Aussie hasn’t signed up yet. Guess who he’ll be rooting for…

Ya reckon??? :unamused: We didn’t even make it past the first stage last time round! :fume: And we just got rolled by Zimbabwe in our first warm up match! :noway: It’s not looking too promising… :roflmao:

[quote=“zhu ba jie de di di”]

Ya reckon??? :unamused: We didn’t even make it past the first stage last time round! :fume: And we just got rolled by Zimbabwe in our first warm up match! :noway: It’s not looking too promising… :roflmao:[/quote]
I was referring to ODIs. They actually count for something. :wink:

anyone else still has time to enter…

I’m afraid that I’m a hoary old school chap. I love the five-day game.
50-over cricket compared to test matches is as masturbation to sexual intercourse.
And 20-over cricket?, hah, 20 overs! It is but a hurried frenzy of self love, like a quick toss in the toilets between classes.

Anyway, I just signed up. :slight_smile:

There’s still time.

[quote=“almas john”]I’m afraid that I’m a hoary old school chap. I love the five-day game.
50-over cricket compared to test matches is as masturbation to sexual intercourse.
And 20-over cricket?, hah, 20 overs! It is but a hurried frenzy of self love, like a quick toss in the toilets between classes.

Anyway, I just signed up. :slight_smile:[/quote]
I’m inclined to agree with you. 20 overs does seem a bit rushed.

If it doesn’t take five days, it’s just not cricket.

[quote=“almas john”]I’m afraid that I’m a hoary old school chap. I love the five-day game.

Anyway, I just signed up. :slight_smile:[/quote]
I fully agree. Test is the only way. Five days of complex chess and loads of beer. I won’t watch T20 games, but I’ll follow them. Play-play cricket is still better than no cricket.

[quote=“jimipresley”]
I’m betting on India. [/quote]

I wouldn’t write off the Windies just yet. Remember, this is on their home turf. They might get to the semis. Nevertheless, I agree with you too. My money would also be on India. :sunglasses:

I agree. T20 is more like who is the luckiest on that day. But still a good watch.

Personally I like the ODIs more than the 5 Days and the Twenty20. It’s like when your woman knows the spot. Why waiste 5 days when you could have heaven in 1 day. :smiley:

Dem Afghans are surely coming on, eh? news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket … 650898.stm

I agree. T20 is more like who is the luckiest on that day. But still a good watch.

[color=#FF0000]Personally I like the ODIs more[/color] than the 5 Days and the Twenty20. [color=#FF0000]It’s like when your woman knows the spot.[/color] Why waiste 5 days when you could have heaven in 1 day. :smiley:[/quote]
Excellent description. Sums up exactly how I feel. :thumbsup:

I’m yet to see a 20-20 game. Apart from the fact that i was brought up watching the 5 day test matches, what i really liked about those tests was the all day drinking sessions that went with them. Having said that, it would be fun watching a game in a pub. What time will they be shown in Taiwan?

Sri Lanka vs New Zealand at 12:30 am (1 May) on SS2
West Indies vs Ireland at 4:30 am (1 May) on SS2
India v Afghanistan at 9:15 pm (1 May) on SS2
Pakistan v Bangladesh at 1:00 am (2 May) on SS2
South Africa v India at 9:00 pm (2 May) on SS2
Pakistan v Australia at 1:00 am (3 May) on SS2
Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe at 9:14 pm (3 May) on SS2
England v West Indies at 1:00 am (4 May) on SS2
New Zealand v Zimbabwe at 9:15 pm (4 May) on SS2
England v Ireland at 1:00 am (5 May) on SS2

SS2 = Supersport 2 (South African satellite). Can’t find anything on Australia Network. Perhaps SatTV will have more info.

Edit: Scratch that. I tried to watch the game today, but SS2 showed no audio and video. I tried to contact the support staff, and when one eventually answered me he said that DSTV “locks” SS2 “whenever there’s a big cricket game on”. Which is weird, because it’s the first I’ve heard of it. I watched the England tour to SA earlier this year, and I know SatTV likes his cricket. I’m sure he’ll be able to fill us in on any details as soon as he can.

SatTV, any news? Are we going to be able to watch the cricket anywhere?

On Super Cricket Sri Lanka have 135/6. Currently, NZ are 114/5 after 17.4 overs (watching the live scoring feature on the website).

Update 1: New Zealand are 18 behind with 3 wickets and 1.4 overs remaining
New Zealand 117/7

Update 2: New Zealand are 12 behind with 3 wickets and 1.1 overs remaining
New Zealand 123/7

Update 3: OMW!!! New Zealand are 2 behind with 2 wickets and 0.2 overs remaining
New Zealand 133/8

Update 4: Result - New Zealand won by 2 wickets
Sri Lanka 135/6
New Zealand 139/8
Close one. Well done New Zealand! :bravo:

Well, the Windies seem to be battling against Ireland… :astonished:

West Indies are 43 for 2 after 5.2 overs
West Indies 43/2
Toss: West Indies elected to bat

Update 1: West Indies are 49 for 2 after 7.2 overs. Six runs off two overs in a T20 match. Hmmmm…not good.

Update 2: West Indies are 83 for 5 after 13 overs. Even if they add another 50 they’ll only have around 133 at the end. They really need to keep some sixes and fours going to build up a decent total or they’ll have to field like demons to defend their total…

Update 3: West Indies are 92 for 5 after 15.1 overs…

Update 4: West Indies are 125 for 6 after 18 overs. Two overs to go.

Update 5: Innings break: West Indies are 138 for 9 after 20 overs. Ended up with a decent T20 total. Lets see if they can defend it!
Damn, I wish I could see these games…

Update 6: Match delayed by rain - Ireland are 125 behind with 7 wickets and 17.3 overs remaining.
West Indies 138/9
Ireland 13/3

Update 7: They seem to have started again. Ireland 14/3. Ireland are 124 behind with 7 wickets and 17.3 overs remaining.

Update 8: Ireland 29/4. Ireland are 109 behind with 6 wickets and 14.3 overs remaining.

Update 9: Ireland 39/5. Ireland are 99 behind with 5 wickets and 11.5 overs remaining. Looking grim for Ireland…

Update 10: Ireland 56/7. Ireland are 82 behind with 3 wickets and 7.2 overs remaining.

Update 11: Ireland 66/9. Ireland are 72 behind with 1 wickets and 4.3 overs remaining.

Update 12: Final result - West Indies won by 70 runs.
West Indies 138/9
Ireland 68

The humiliation just keeps piling up. :bluemad:

What did I miss?

What did I miss?[/quote]
JP is dirty that KP was the best Saffer (plastic Saffer) on the pitch. I’m celebrating The Slack Craps making yet another Semi final at the expense of the defending champs :discodance: :discodance: