Tai Chi, Soccer, Chess?

I just wanted to pop this up top again for all who missed it.

PLEASE JOIN US for friendly Chess and conversation (no flaming) on Sunday at 3 at an as yet undisclosed location probably near Shida. :smiley:

It also occurred to me that this might belong in the Announcements section, but apparently that is only intended for Segue operational announcements. :?

The drink shop I was thinking of is just east of the new Family Mart in the alleys near ShiDa road. The Family Mart is right across from the 7-11 so that should complete your convenience store map.

It has good wooden tables in the back and should suit our needs.

Iā€™ll be there. And Iris, thanks for the gesture of taking care of my son. But I prefer if he stays home this time, then at least I can concentrate better on the gameā€“my boy can start his chess training at a later age.

SO where is the final destination??? Same place as last time at Shida?

LOCATION OF SUNDAY CHESS.

No, BBC, I think weā€™re not meeting at the same place. Unless anyone objects, maybe we should try Chessmanā€™s place, described above. If the other place was better we can always return there next time. Is that ok?

Sunday is quickly approaching. I think we best find a spot we all agree upon. Iā€™d say where we met last time was good, but I wasnā€™t there.

Someone should just step up and say ā€œDamn it! Weā€™re meeting here and thatā€™s that!ā€. Otherwise everybodyā€™s gonna be confused.

Wherever itā€™s gonna be, it sounds like itā€™s gonna be close to shida. I still havenā€™t been to the shida area so picking something easy to find would help me.

SUNDAY MEETING PLACE: IN FRONT OF SHIDA GATE

Casey,

I was trying to do exactly that ā€“ to decisively announce a location so that it would be finally and completely settled. But apparently I was not clear, and on second thought some might have trouble finding Chessmanā€™s place without an exact address.

So, letā€™s all meet in front of the Shida language school gate on Sunday at 3, the same as last time. We can walk together from there. To end the uncertainty, lets just conclude that that will be our meeting place. See you there.

:smiley:

Thanks!

Chess Sunday 3:00 same location?

Anyone game?

Sorry guys, I wonā€™t be in Taipei for the next two weekends :frowning: . After that, Iā€™ll have visitors again. Iā€™ll try to convince them to come, too (Iā€™d love to try and play Backgammon - seems much easier :wink: )

Have fun!
Iris

So where did you guys meet last time? How did it go?

Hey chessman,

we were at the same coffeeplace you went toā€¦seemed like a decent place and the management didnā€™t mind us being there for on average 3 hoursā€“as long as you order something to drink.

Weā€™ll be there this Sunday, at 3 PM, are you going to show up?

And we also have some players who want to play backgammon as well, so it is now not all chess.

Hope to see you there.

hey chess people

did yā€™all get the PMs I sent you? Hope to see some of you tomorrow

Salmon,
I did and weā€™ll try to make it for at least a little while. Didnā€™t know you guys were getting married. Congrats!

BBC,
Glad you guys liked the place. I thought it would be ideal. Maybe we could just plan to meet there from now on. I have a trip to Tamshui planned this Sunday so I might not be able to play this week. So if I donā€™t see you guys on Sunday, have fun!!

james here, going to try and make the chess on sunday,
cassey on the soccer thing, have you managed to get a football yet. are there any other takers on the kick about? Iā€™m going to get a football tomorrow, if we can get a couple more people maybe meet up somewhere. havenā€™t gopt much on so am felxible as to time e.t.c.