Tainan Big Bike Rally- Sat Nov 3rd- 10,000 bikes expected!?!

hey Mordeth, i tried to call u but no answer… i will go to sleep now and i will wake up at 6:30 and i will check this forum and i will try to call u, if no answer or no message on the forum then i will think that you went by urself, or else i will expect and appointment and time to meet… i will send u my number by mail in case that u check it

so wheres the report on the gathering? wheres the beef?

It was a very cool event. With classic motorbikes and cars on display. They had bikes and cars from the 60’s. And modded stuff. And brand new stuff…like the new BMW super moto. There were thousands of people and stunters performing on bikes and scooters. The even was really cool. Although riding on expressways just for the sake of going to an event…is not very fun. Although I did have the fun of parking on one side of the event…and the group I left with parked on the opposite side. So I got to ride through the thousands of people on my bike with them all taking pictures and video recording me…that was cool.

dang you all and your red plates!! meh, I had to go to my cousin-in-law’s wedding anyway. Where are the pics?!?!?!

What a great weekend.

We rode back with the Hsinchu Kawasaki group which was a pretty cool experience. Over 200 bikes ranging from my little Ninja to some incredible custom Ducatis, Bimotas and MV Agustas. There was a real spirit of camaraderie and it could almost have been a mini version of a US motorcycle tour. Back on my home stretch it felt a little strange being the only bike after riding with a 200-odd strong group.

The Hsinchu Kawasaki organisers kept us entertained in the evening with lots of food and beer plus a couple of cheesy strippers. Now I know how easy it is to get to Tainan on the expressway I’m sure I’ll be heading down a lot more to enjoy the sunshine and waterfronts and cheesy strippers.

I was surprised how well received we were by the non-biking public. We were getting cheers and waves all the way and everyone wanted to take pictures with us (but omerojs was the most popular with the ladies). We were all stars for the day and even the general public seemed to have a great time.

Thumbs up to everyone involved for making it work.

dang you all and your red plates!! meh, I had to go to my cousin-in-law’s wedding anyway. Where are the pics?!?!?![/quote]

Hey, I would have ridden down with you on the 17 if you wanted to come.

well as Llary said, it was a nice ride !!!
i will post a couple of videos later on this week… if my heavy work allows me, and later i will give you the link for you to see them !! i will have some pics and some riding… from now i can tell you that the riding part will not be too god since my bike vibrates a lot and my camera was on my handle bar… and maybe u will get to see some of the so much called “cheese strippers” jejeje

We’re in the news! (I haven’t seen it though)

(Taichung (port, passenger terminal parking) Saturdays 13:30 on the way to Tainan)

as i mentioned before, here is a link to my blog, i posted a video made of soma pics and short videos of the trip… don’t expect any video on the road, i do have some, but bcz my shakes too much they are not so good… maybe later i will post something else

omerojs.blog.com

PD: don’t complain about my English since its not my native language.

Here’s the video from my bike cam: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QcxihcQf2pE

Nice…I see you, ahem, exceeded the legal speed limit there once or twice. Looks like good fun, wish I could have joined.

So, when is the “real” biking trip up to the mountains?

[quote=“MJB”]Nice…I see you, ahem, exceeded the legal speed limit there once or twice. Looks like good fun, wish I could have joined.

So, when is the “real” biking trip up to the mountains?[/quote]

I was in radio contact with the guys in front which was really cool because they could tell me when it was safe to open up.

I would love to do a Tainan Trip Mark II with a smaller group off the expressways, let’s work something out.

[quote=“llary”][quote=“MJB”]Nice…I see you, ahem, exceeded the legal speed limit there once or twice. Looks like good fun, wish I could have joined.

So, when is the “real” biking trip up to the mountains?[/quote]

I was in radio contact with the guys in front which was really cool because they could tell me when it was safe to open up.

I would love to do a Tainan Trip Mark II with a smaller group off the expressways, let’s work something out.[/quote]

If I can get my hands on a bike…I could show you guys a good south loop in the mountains (nice twisties) and return via the #61

why do you say : If i could… what stops you from getting a big bike?

Ask him to show you his GS next time you’re in Taichung… what’s left of it…

I’ve had several “Big” bikes in Taiwan…I still have my GS, but not the budget to fix it…here’s the story…(I don’t want to spoil anyone’s party, but it’s reality around here)…

[url]Drunk driving ex-con almost kills Forumosan in car smash

Cheers

damn… you are really lucky… so when are u going back to Canada?
and are you ok now? as a biker i wish you the best to come out of this issue… even at this point…

well for all of you guys, for sure that is the reality, here is an other example that happened to a friend of my… the issue is with another drunk driver…

iantaiwan.over-blog.com/article-3415350.html

Omero,

I’m very pleased to read that they caught the skunk. He deserved much more than a little roughing up.

That’s one of the big advantages of riding in groups - you can ensure that justice is at least partially served when something like that happens.

[quote=“omerojs”]damn… you are really lucky… so when are u going back to Canada?
and are you ok now? as a biker i wish you the best to come out of this issue… even at this point…[/quote]

This happened at this time last year (Nov 4th)…so, I’ve made a good recovery healthwise. The 2 months after the accident were the most crucial part of the recovery, and after that it was all about maintaining a healthy lifestyle in order to allow my liver to re-establish it’s normal functions.

I sold the wreck of my GS since I think it was too heavily damaged to ever ride well again. I have ridden other bikes since and I still love riding, but the fact is that I don’t feel that bikers are well protected in Taiwan. legally that is…there’s too many variables in the system and the way it’s applied for me to want to put myself in a possible similar situation again.

Although I am receiving a miserable sum of money from the guy who hit me every month, I’m still glad to have kept my life…could’ve been much worse if I hadn’t been wearing all of my riding gear.

I plan to return to Canada next year, so we’ll see how things go then and I may get a bike there…but I have my eyes on other things…we’ll see.

Cheers