Taipei 101 Citizens Discount ~ Will Foreign Residents be Discriminated Against Yet Again!? ~ Update ~ Apparently Not!

It really is! Let me Google Translate that for you:

1. The national concession is only available to the nationality of the Republic of China. When purchasing the ticket, you must present the valid identification document (or health insurance card, residence permit) of the Republic of China.

What an effort on my part, eh? Not quite as much as it took for @tando to find information which no one else was able to in any language, but I still think I should be commended.

Nothing was lost in translation that I can see, still not really sure what they’re getting at. I don’t see how an ROC citizen would have an ARC. I’ll try to call them to find out some time. Anyone see those lines, I’m not going over there in any case for the time being lol

Queues look horrendous, certainly put me off, hopefully they’ll die down after the holiday, presumably midweek the queues will be considerably less.

I contacted 101 through the contact function on their webpage questioning whether ARC holders could avail of the discount, will update if they reply.

1 Like

Holy cow, that’s on “Costco sales” levels of queue. Wtf.

TARC, maybe?

1 Like

I hate going there because they make you walk through a couple levels of the mall with useless trinkets to get on the elevator to go down.

Before you could take the elevator directly down from the observation floor.

I think so too.

If I read the Chinese correctly, it doesn’t say ROC citizen, but ROC national.

1 Like

Off course there is a crowd and queuing for freebies and discounts.

Tourist paying real price get in a diferrent line or just get fuck as usual? lol

Yes, how DARE they!

How dare they what? Do cute dancing in bikinis?

1 Like

Haven’t you seen the other thread? Now the rage is all about MICRO bikinis. Go small or get out! :bikini:

1 Like

Cute dancing in mankinis could be a thong too far.

1 Like

With that crowd up there it would end up being the ‘leaning’ 101!

Update Here!

I got a reply to my email

Mon 14/10/2019 01:09

Dear SuperS54

ARC`s (Alien Resident Certificates) is suitable for this discount.

you can use this morning discounted by showing us the ARC.

Thank you.

台北101觀景台客服組 Observatory Customer Service
台北金融大樓股份有限公司 Taipei Financial Center Corp.
TEL: +886-2-8101-8899

There you have it! We are equals!!!

9 Likes

Wowser Taiwan news was actually correct.

I might drag my kids up there, when’s best to avoid queues.

Thanks for the update.

But I can’t be the only one who’s read this thread and thought “Oh yeah, I really should head up there one sunny day … but I’m sure as heck not going to do that during this discounted period. I’ll wait till the prices go back up and the crowds die down.”

A bit like how I’ll be heading for Starbucks to meet someone, we’ll realize it’s a special discount day, and we’ll immediately decide to head somewhere, anywhere else.

1 Like

Any weekday I guess.

I want to go too, don’t mind lining up for an hour.

Should die down in a bit.

Thursday, 10:30 AM

… or 3-4!