Taipei and the Audi RS4's

The original RS4 is a very rare car in almost any country, there were only made for a year and from what i know theres about 500 of them and all are LHD, there are about 3 in the USA due to some silly emission law thing… in laymans terms they are very rare.

So in 1 week i have seen 5… yes FIVE RS4s in Taipei and all in different colours.

yellow (an-he road near carniegys)
blue (bombed past me at about 250kph+ with gtis chasing him, he nearly crashed through the ETC barrier on the number 1 highway!)
black (on yahoo for sale and located off civic blvd near my brothers place)
red (actually this was in Taichung its parked outside a noodle shop everyday near my old house)
silver (outside guanghua in the carpark)

Now you will say they are fakes or S4 with widebody conversions, maybe but they were all manual and had the proper interior.
Not to mention its hard and expensive to do the widebody on the B5 platform.

So umm wow, its a lovely car thats very low key… i find it odd how theres so many in Taiwan let alone taipei.
Usually the locals like to ruin cars by bolting silly kits onto them, but all of these were standard except for the wheels.

There’s even more in Taipei than the ones you’ve seen. Last year and the year before, I was regularly passed on the Balaka 101 climb by a slate grey wagon at full noise on Saturday climbing days, and Goddam, they sound GREAT! what an awesome engine.

Its an awesome car !! The engine is the same as the R8 v8. I drove one around the track. DO the Audi driving experience in sonoma when you get the chance. You can drive RS4 and R8 v8 as well as R8 v10 now (which I havent done).

microsites.audiusa.com/ngw/09/ex … xperience/

its expensive but very special day you will have.

Im not surprised TW has a few of those. Any R8 in Taiwan yet?

I was in Taipei this past weekend and I did see quite a few exotic cars around town. It’s always nice to see special cars but I don’t feel much more than that for these cars in Taiwan. However, Audi (RS), MB (AMG) and BMW (M) performance edition cars are very awesome.

A relative of mine back home has a B7 (typ 8E) RS4 sedan that he bought new in the USA when the economy was in the toilet (exchange USD to CAD made it cheaper by a good amount). I had that car for an afternoon of driving around the countryside and I was extremely impressed. I’d be even happier with the estate version, which would make it the ultimate family wagon.

In Taiwan, I seldom see these cars outside the cities. The ownership of the car is all that matters to most buyers of these cars, not the pleasure and enjoyment of performance. A pity indeed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS4

theres a few around.

whoops there are 6000 of them… i always thought it was 600!.
Still its kinda funny to see them in Taipei city center.

there are a few b5 rs4 for sale roughly around 90-70k. those ones are great to fix up since it’s a bi turbo v6 quattro.

the b7 rs4 there are lots in taiwan and i haven’t seen one in usa. seen some on you tube NA v8 ripping it in germany racing a m5. sweet cars! but in taiwan a real one is retarded on the price.

[quote=“808state”]there are a few b5 rs4 for sale roughly around 90-70k. those ones are great to fix up since it’s a bi turbo v6 quattro.

the b7 rs4 there are lots in taiwan and i haven’t seen one in usa. seen some on you tube NA v8 ripping it in germany racing a m5. sweet cars! but in taiwan a real one is retarded on the price.[/quote]

Yep got my eye on a privately owned/imported S4 avant right now… but they still command rather high prices, when you consider how high maintance they are and the fact you cant get good loan deals on 10 year old audis… 800k is alot to spend cash, even more so when you can use that cash as a deposit for a new 335i or Nissan GTR… :ponder:

Yep i am selling the Teana, its a very good car but i want something with traction, since moving to taipei all my car has been doing is laying my bridgestones all over the road thanks to the wetness around here :frowning:

well, i’d be looking for the NA V8. It really sounds absolutely great, but more importantly for me, bi turbo engines (I have one at the moment) have weird power delivery and having grown up on big Ducatis, I love the grunt low down. Maybe the Ducati thing makes me like the V8 grumbly roar too.

One of my all-time favorite automotive quotes was something about the Audi V8 sounding like God snoring. :thumbsup: The old 4.2 V8-powered S4 is about the sweetest car I’ve ever driven… especially on the autobahn.

Which biturbo one do you own?.
I was under the impression they were super torquey thanks to the small turbos and high boost.

I would jump on the V8 but the tax… it would hurt every 6 months getting that insane bill through the post :doh:

an RX7. fairly torquey but the power comes on in two noticeable squirts: the transition between turbo boost zone does not make sense unless your foot is all the way down. Then it’s seamless, but then you’re doing 100 km/h in first, and 150 in second, and 200 in third. not terribly useful around town.

i forgot to mention im a average joe so i prefer the B5 bi-turbo v6 since it’s only a 2.7L engine.

as for the B7 it’s a beasty N/A V8. love the sound and performance though.

well if u can afford a B7 RS4 im sure u ain’t worried about the yearly tax and service fees.

i like to mod things so the bi-turbo got kits out there pumping 500-700hp.

[quote=“smellybumlove”][quote=“808state”]there are a few b5 rs4 for sale roughly around 90-70k. those ones are great to fix up since it’s a bi turbo v6 quattro.

the b7 rs4 there are lots in taiwan and i haven’t seen one in usa. seen some on you tube NA v8 ripping it in germany racing a m5. sweet cars! but in taiwan a real one is retarded on the price.[/quote]

Yep got my eye on a privately owned/imported S4 avant right now… but they still command rather high prices, when you consider how high maintance they are and the fact you cant get good loan deals on 10 year old audis… 800k is alot to spend cash, even more so when you can use that cash as a deposit for a new 335i or Nissan GTR… :ponder:

Yep I am selling the Teana, its a very good car but I want something with traction, since moving to taipei all my car has been doing is laying my bridgestones all over the road thanks to the wetness around here :frowning:[/quote]

i think the 600 (produced) u was refering too is the RS6. that one is rare and hard to find. however i did see one on the local taiwan Spec R magazine. it was a yellow avant RS6 with the v8 bi-turbo. ran it for the 100-200km competition they hold monthly. i also did see a red one that was for sale, not in person either online or the used car magazine.

my co-worker in hawaii had one B5 S4 sedan when it 1st came out. i rode shotgun on the freeway and around town when it was raining. speachless, i wanted one bad!

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/c49465005
tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/1209022663

wow the sedan price dropped alot compared to 1-2yrs ago.

luv the avant also since it’s a awesome family car and im sure that’s why ur considering it.

lots of 2.0t and tdi avants going around in taichung and taipei. don’t be fooled those ones are pretty quick too. well for the average joe it’s quick lol.

Haha those are both the ones i was considering.

The avant has been owned by different people 3 times in 3 years… its a high maintanance machine so i can only guess its because it had a fault each time.
Guy hasnt asked my question about proof of servicing either.

The 2nd one was my other choice, but its auto which slows down the 4.5 second 0-100 time to around 6 seconds, also when you mod it the gearbox explodes :frowning:

[quote=“smellybumlove”]Haha those are both the ones I was considering.

The avant has been owned by different people 3 times in 3 years… its a high maintanance machine so i can only guess its because it had a fault each time.
Guy hasnt asked my question about proof of servicing either.

The 2nd one was my other choice, but its auto which slows down the 4.5 second 0-100 time to around 6 seconds, also when you mod it the gearbox explodes :frowning:[/quote]

im sure it’s just serviced outside of audi if went through so many owners.

oh i didn’t even check the 2nd one, yah manual if u plan to mod it. then again manual in taipei kinda sucks too lol. well all depends where and time u drive. cuz i still see some 5 speed taxi.

I went last Tuesday to Audi showroom and they have RS6 estate there in dark blue. That is a dream machine. Lambo engine in estate format. What else could be desired for?! :slight_smile:

[quote=“808state”][quote=“smellybumlove”][quote=“808state”]there are a few b5 rs4 for sale roughly around 90-70k. those ones are great to fix up since it’s a bi turbo v6 quattro.

Yep I am selling the Teana, its a very good car but I want something with traction, since moving to taipei all my car has been doing is laying my bridgestones all over the road thanks to the wetness around here :frowning:[/quote]

I think the 600 (produced) u was refering too is the RS6. that one is rare and hard to find. however i did see one on the local taiwan Spec R magazine. it was a yellow avant RS6 with the v8 bi-turbo. ran it for the 100-200km competition they hold monthly. i also did see a red one that was for sale, not in person either online or the used car magazine.

my co-worker in hawaii had one B5 S4 sedan when it 1st came out. i rode shotgun on the freeway and around town when it was raining. speachless, i wanted one bad!

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/c49465005
tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/1209022663

wow the sedan price dropped alot compared to 1-2yrs ago.

luv the avant also since it’s a awesome family car and im sure that’s why your considering it.

lots of 2.0t and tdi avants going around in Taichung and taipei. don’t be fooled those ones are pretty quick too. well for the average joe it’s quick lol.[/quote]

Wow RS6 avant? They dont even bring that into the USA . Its a v10 right? Same engine used on the v10 R8? Thing would be a monster. But Id rather have an R8 v10 . But then I dont have a family, dogs or go camping, and i only have ONE friend at a time, so the 2 seater R8 would work. I want mine in white with the dk brown leather seating.

Whats the cost there? Audi seems to be almost double what the MSRP is in the USA. But then I heard that Audi sells the cheapest anywhere in the world in the USA.

[quote=“tommy525”]Wow RS6 avant? They dont even bring that into the USA . Its a v10 right? Same engine used on the v10 R8? Thing would be a monster. But Id rather have an R8 v10 . But then I don’t have a family, dogs or go camping, and i only have ONE friend at a time, so the 2 seater R8 would work. I want mine in white with the dk brown leather seating.

Whats the cost there? Audi seems to be almost double what the MSRP is in the USA. But then I heard that Audi sells the cheapest anywhere in the world in the USA.[/quote]

That is correct. RS6 Avant
Don’t know how much it cost.
The last two seater from Audi I tried, previous generation TT I felt like I am in coffin; too small for me (I am 186cm) hope they did better job with R8. But again I am WRX guy, not big car either but plenty of head and legroom.

oo I forgot, color was black

and you can drive…COUPLE (blond and brunet) friends at the time :slight_smile:

Its a lambo V10 … with 2 turbos attached :astonished:
Did you see what its capable of with a remap, over 700BHP!!!
Theres a youtube video of it going 0-300kph, this thing is a monster, auto too!.

Anyway i checked the S4 avant, its got service history, private of course but receipts have been kept for the all important cam belt change.
Will be taking it for a spin next week, if all goes well i have my S4/RS4 project :smiley: