🌆 Taipei City - Places to Visit

In Zhongshan, several shops next to each other:

I almost bought my last pair of hiking shoes here, went somewhere cheaper for same model but slightly uglier and probably older, but cheaper. I think it’s a good shop:

Lots of toys here, but I remember it was pricey:

https://goo.gl/maps/yJmM2RnfVLhDSrB48

1 Like

Some suggestions

https://www.ntm.gov.tw/en/

4 Likes

Fengda is a cool spot.

Also if you are in the area, goto Dong Yi Paigu. Legendary old store with absolutely mental 70’s interior [西門町美食]東一排骨總店/70年代夜總會的裝潢+古早味排骨飯/用餐時間人潮滿滿的排骨飯老店代表 @小佳的幻想世界

3 Likes

My impression is that danshui is cold and Keelung is always raining.

1 Like

Danshui is hot as fuck in the summer…just like everywhere else.

5 Likes

Danshui is like 15 miles from Taipei, with no major geographical features to block weather (I guess that little hill they call a mountain in yangmingshan can divert some, to some extent, but it ain’t the sierras there). I’ve got family in Danshui and Chuwei, but stay in Taipei and take the mrt back and forth every day when visiting - there’s rarely a big difference in weather.

3 Likes

Proximity to the ocean can have a slight moderating effect in Danshui, but yeah, slightly less hot as fuck is still hot as fuck.

I mean in winter of course.

1 Like

Not really colder in winter. Again, the ocean has a slight moderating effect. It can get pretty dismal sometimes when the northeast monsoon is blowing though.

It’s not even 15 km from the border/Zhuwei area to Taipei Main. What are you going on about? That’s a huge difference.

Taoyuan Station from Taipei Main Station is 15 miles. 24 km.

I don’t get how everyone exaggerates and makes stuff up about everything in regards to Danshui.

Next thing they will say, it’s Salt Water…

1 Like

Well, more like brackish…

1 Like

Evidence of rain in Taipei or Sanchong.

No evidence of rain in Danshui

2 Likes

That second picture actually looks quite nice.

3 Likes

The mountain is Guanyinshan

Guandu and ASUS headquarters are in frame as well.

1 Like

Good thread.

3 Likes

Be sure to get a couple of cookies to be washed down with your coffee. If you order them at your table, they’ll make you go outside to buy them, which will then be served on a nice plate. That’s old school!

2 Likes

Excuse me? city? We’re a NATION!

1 Like

Yeah, I usually grab some 杏仁糕

2 Likes

I can’t read the characters, are we still talking Wanhua here?