🌆 Taipei City - Places to Visit

The squirrels are massive.

This is what it looks like. It’s tiny. Don’t be misled by the word tower.

叫我小虎媽 的相簿 - 台北2 - 放送局1.JPG

1 Like

Those are the gay bars by the way, or more mixed. Still a good place and always fun though

More mixed from what i could see. There was one guy i thought was checking me out but i figured maybe there was a table behind me so i didnt dwell on it

1 Like

Thanks all for your suggestions, thanks especially to the Danshui Connection for showing me around and especially the delightful dog bar tucked beside the tracks. Also special thanks to a certain poster who gave a chauffeured tour of Yangmingshan.

I can see why so many of you prefer Taipei, despite the weather and crowds and expense. Will definitely come back to visit again, but for now not looking to relocate. I still think Taichung looks like a nice compromise

5 Likes

That embassy lay vacant for many years after the Yankees left. Used to be able to break in and wander round it (we lived down the road at Formosa Hostel).

2 Likes

Which bar is that?

Maurice’s, beside Buddy Bar. 3 dogs, 2 leashed, all good dogs. Kept us safe when another customer foolishly tried to bring his dog to the party

1 Like

Ah there is another new bar in that corner as well, 30 seconds further on

1 Like

At night, when approaching Danshui Station, you’ll see Buddy Bar’s lights on the right.

1 Like

Yes I have been to the Balcony a few times, it is on top of the Buddy Bar

1 Like

Well the word itself in Taiwanese apparently means Non salt water

Used to love going to the Grand hotel cafe tucked away in the back of the first floor kinda went up a floor
Best hamburger and steak sandwich yiu could find anywhere at that time and good unlimited coffee

Maybe all changed now

No GTA fans here…

Grand Hotel is a good date spot, especially for Sunday breakfast

Supposedly there is a slide for CKS, not for playing, but in case ruffians are after him he can disappear

grand hotel have a geriatric dance club Saturday night. Me a foreigner bringing a local beauty caused some to give me the evil eye. Say la vie

la vie

2 Likes

Were you here in the 1980s? I am trying to figure out your views and your tastes. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

More rats than people in Taichung.

Tacihung surpassed Kaohsiung to become the number two city in the nation, so they must be doing something right. :person_shrugging:

I still find it quite dispersed though, and not nearly as well organized as Kaohsiung and Taipei.

Guy

Breeding faster :wink:

1 Like