Taipei MRT Racist

Most Taiwanese people are great but there are always some nasties under the woodwork.

Same goes for everywhere I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=cYYVATu … A4%A2LUCID

What an idiot. Well done for standing your ground, cyberguppy. I wonder if this will end up going viral like Jasonbro…

EDIT: I bet his full name gets outed within 24 hours. I could be wrong, but that’s my bet.

Very active comments section:

沒女朋友 羨慕別人的醉鬼……
頭腦有問題啊…………
各個國家都有這種有問題的人
抱歉我們有些人就是這麼沒有禮貌……

怎麼會無罪呢? 可以告他 "公然侮辱罪和恐嚇罪呀!

警察搞不清楚狀況…
對於台灣出現這種人真的很抱歉

台灣標準沒女朋友肥宅100%照照鏡子吧還講別人,台灣就是你有這種敗類…真心覺的悲哀

Computer translation:

[i]No girlfriend envy of others drunk …
Mind a problem ah …
Each country has such people who have problems
Some people are so sorry that we did not polite …

How would guiltless? You can tell him "an affront crime and intimidation ah!

Police do not know the situation …
For Taiwanese people really sorry happen

Taiwan standard house 100 percent fat girlfriend did not look in the mirror it also speaks to others, Taiwan is that you have this scum … really feel sorrow[/i]

This dude is just jealous. But this conversation went on 7 mins too long.

Man… sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully the publicity will bring some (non-vigilante) justice to this situation.

Damn. What a loser.

One is too skinny and the other is too fat.
When I was about his weight, skinny like full blown TBC, I got this all the time.
Plus 25 KG and it never happened again.

A scooter driver called me in Chinese Fuck foreigner a week ago, while rushing around the corner as fast as Speedy GonZales.

Anyhow, his girlfriend was so embarrassed about the whole thing that she turned into a dog.

Should have just punched him in the throat and shut him up.

That could backfire badly. You end looking like the aggressor. I only punch someone in the throat if he poses an imminent physical threat.

By the way, this guy comes off as a fool for even trying to engage in civilized discourse with an obvious embittered drunk. He may be very sheltered or something. Neither stoop to their level nor try to raise them to yours. Wear your superiority with dignity. Just say something condescending like, “having a bad day?”

And if he gets in your face, put two fingers on his solarplex and exert gradually escalating pressure.

damn whats wrong with the comments here? the guy is skinny? and 95% of taiwanese are not skinny? what difference does it make, the mentality is to piss off the foreigner, then if any scuffling happens its gonna 20 v 1. then what good is a punch to the throat? ganged up on and then the police wont side with you and you will be in even more trouble. if you could get a fair fight out of it then sure that fat racist guy would be easy work but lets be real its not going to happen here.

yea the guy should not of engaged but he already admitted that himself and that he was shaken up. yea in hindsight it would of been better to shut up and just record but hey.

anyway hopefully this goes viral. the fat dude is really vile. obviously some loser security guard who sits on his ass all day and cant get a gf.

Man watching that video really makes my blood boil.

Well done for your keeping your calm, no need to put your girl in harms way.

I’ve been told to F off home over the years but not in a public place,and what’s wrong with the passengers around you.

If it makes you feel better my wife says your Chinese is pretty decent.

on second thought i think his gf should of done the talking. or shouting? at least then its a taiwanese vs a taiwanese and nobody is going to side with fatty that way. obivously she was shook but she needs to toughen up, if you are dating a laowai half of taiwanese dudes now automatically think you are a slut, thats just the way it is.

A security guy who does not know how to keep his cool, while wearing company uniform, I’m sure his company will love the free advertising:

tw.issworld.com/en/contact-us/email-us

So many people there why nobody steps in to say something? Such a shame…

Of course no one is going to step in. Come on, people, how long have you lived here?

Kudos to cyberguppy for keeping his cool for so long, for letting this racist jackass show his true colours, and for editing and posting this video. With this now out in the open, my expectation is that people will clamp down hard on this jackass as he makes Taiwan–and his company!–look really bad.

Guy

I think you handled it very well :thumbsup:

How I feel about this guy and the (mrt) police here …

So the Taiwanese guy is saying what most Taiwanese are really thinking about non Taiwanese.

I think it’s only a matter of time before you start seeing violence against non Taiwanese. Some day, some foreigner hating Taiwanese is going to snap.

[quote=“cyberguppy”]Most Taiwanese people are great but there are always some nasties under the woodwork.

Same goes for everywhere I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=cYYVATu … A4%A2LUCID[/quote]

It seems to me there are people who should definitely know about this (notice the logo on the guy’s uniform, if you please).

http://www.tw.issworld.com/en/contact-us/email-us

I hope you brought this video to the attention of their HR and PR departments already. I would not bothered with the police. He seems so eager to point out you do not go around with 10.000NTD rolled up in your pocket (who does??), so maybe it’s appropriate to put him in the situation of not having an income for a while.

It has made Apple Daily:

appledaily.com.tw/realtimene … 11/730907/

Technically, OP, you can sue him for harassment AND public insult. AND also get him fired (probably) from his company.

law.moj.gov.tw/eng/LawClass/LawA … e=D0080067
See Article 89.2

Also see this thread: Flipped the bird, charged under Taiwan's "public insult" law

You probably won’t get much from suing him though, unless the judge decides to fine based on the length of time and the number of times he insulted you.
Plus, you’ll probably make him an enemy for life.

But you know the saying, hurt people hurt other people. Maybe he had a seriously bad day dealing with a foreigner. Anyhow, that’s no excuse to stereotype all foreigners. His inability to contain his hostility is clearly a sign of mental issues. Who knows what such a mentally unstable person would do if he got really angry.

BTW, your Chinese is really good. :thumbsup:

[quote=“Chris”]It has made Apple Daily:

appledaily.com.tw/realtimene … 11/730907/[/quote]

I hope that a-hole gets fired for his racist remarks now that he’s famous. Gotta love Youtube. :bravo: