Taipei Sports Bar & Diner

Indeed, the TSB has been transfered from the very capable hands of Ray to a trio of folk who really enjoyed the burgers and when they found out Ray was selling out, decided to do what they can to keep this fine tradition going.
The bar will stay open and the master chief will continue to do his magic in the kitchen.
Charles, Sabrina and I invite you to come in and not only enjoy the food, but give us your suggestions. (doesn’t hurt)
Someone suggested foosball (sp?)…and why not?
In the next 2 weeks there will be a name change and perhaps a few other changes.
(unfortunately, we won’t be putting in the glass floor nor any of the other suggestions of the previous posts, which, while interesting in concept, wouldn’t pass the very stringently enforced Taipei zoning laws.)
Thus starts another great Taiwan adventure.
…hope you can sail along with us.
Bill

Welcome to Forumosa, Mr Thissen, sir.

I’ll sail with thee if you can slap a couple of fine veggie items on the menu! :slight_smile:

Mine’s a Guinness.

Stray Dog

Veggies are good.
I’ll take it up with the board of directors.
B

Congratulations, and welcome to Forumosa! :rainbow: I look forward to seeing what you do with to the place… :bravo:

…what time the new TSB closes ?

Welcome to the neighbourhood Bill,

You know where you can pop out to should you feel the need to take a break from it all from time to time. We’re about a minute and a half due south…but methinks you already know that!

All the best!

Cheers,

Bob

Any what of a foosball tourney??

We taipei county folk might just make it in for that. :slight_smile:

Excellent idea, let’s do a competition on Sunday afternoon !

Thanks Bob. I appreciate your invitation to Carnegies…just down the road and one of the great spots in Taipei!

TSB was open 'till around 3AM this morning…(so I was told…I get up at 4:30AM)

Thanks to the posters interested in foosball.
Your suggestions are at the top of the pile of “things to do today.”
Right there with which veggies to add to the menu.

All suggestions are appreciated and considered.

It will take a few weeks to sort it all out.

B

When you have a grand re-opening make sure to put the event in our “Free Booze” thread. :wink:

How many can you seat in TSB?

Would be great if we could hold one of our weekend fundraising quiz afternoons there.

Would need to seat 48 in groups of 6 or 4 (or 50 in groups of 5, etc.).

Let me know.

There’s a 4.30 in the morning, too?! :astonished:

Taipei Jazz Bar would be cool.

…the free-booze site…hmmm, yes. Another interesting concept. I think that’ll go in the file along with the glass-floor, nude dancer thing.

The afternoon quiz thing sounds great…I’m on my way down there now to again count the chairs.

The idea of a jazz bar is the best!
I’ll bring it up with the partners…It won’t fly of course… After all, what do those middle-brow folk know?

(I’ll try and sneak some jazz on the sound system once-in-a-while)

B

[quote=“Bill Thissen”]…the free-booze site…hmmm, yes. Another interesting concept. I think that’ll go in the file along with the glass-floor, nude dancer thing.

The afternoon quiz thing sounds great…I’m on my way down there now to again count the chairs.

The idea of a jazz bar is the best!
I’ll bring it up with the partners…It won’t fly of course… After all, what do those middle-brow folk know?

(I’ll try and sneak some jazz on the sound system once-in-a-while)

B[/quote]

shouldn’t the floor be mirrored?

What’s the new theme, or identity?

With the pool table in there, it’d be really hard to get 50 people comfortably there. In fact, I think practically impossible if people don’t stand.

…of course it should be mirrored…I was thinking of our office downstairs…

Hey Sports Fans…

Come on down to the Taipei Sports Bar and Diner…

(NBA playoffs are on the big TV)

A great way to spend a few hours.

We are here:

Dunhua S. Rd. Sec 2, Lane 81, #61

1. north from Carnegie’s…(one block)
  2. at the corner of Welcome and 7-11 on Anhe Rd., look left. (west)
  3. we are down the block.

and, if that’s not clear enough…check out this beautiful map…

www.taipeisportsbar.com

Has anyone been to TSB since the change of management? Seems like the crowds are bigger than before… and more deliciously female. Everyone go see Pu-jia and her friends on Friday evening. TSB is going to be very cool. :sunglasses:

The Champions League Final will be on TV at the Taipei Sports Bar.
Thursday morning…2AM.