Taipei Sports Bar & Diner

Cheaper and more effective to advertise on forumosa.com than on ICRT, isn’ it?

Careful Michel…there are some very clever people out there and that ICRT reference could inadvertently reveal the true identity of he who posts as “Bill Thissen” and that’s against the rules you know.

Bob

Would it be possible to post a Chinese language name and address of the TSB that I could show to the taxi driver and have a reasonable chance of being driven to the correct place?

Thanks.

OOC

There’s a great map that was posted in the other TSB HH thread.

[quote=“OutofChaos”]Would it be possible to post a Chinese language name and address of the TSB that I could show to the taxi driver and have a reasonable chance of being driven to the correct place?

Thanks.

OOC[/quote]

敦化南路2段81巷61號. 頂好超市隔壁.

(Dunhua South Road Section 2 Lane 81 Number 61. Next to Wellcome Supermarket.

[quote=“914”][quote=“OutofChaos”]Would it be possible to post a Chinese language name and address of the TSB that I could show to the taxi driver and have a reasonable chance of being driven to the correct place?

Thanks.

OOC[/quote]

敦化南路2段81巷61號. 頂好超市隔壁.

(Dunhua South Road Section 2 Lane 81 Number 61. Next to Wellcome Supermarket.[/quote]

Thank you, thank you, and thank you. EXACTLY what I was looking for. That removes the last ‘excuse’ I have for not showing up (at least unasonable excuse).

The map is very good but it’s best for those on the ground and familiar with the area. No specific address for the driver to locate, and I always get the spatially challenged drivers.

Hope to see you at the HH.

OOC

Did anyone see what I saw last Friday (June 3) at TSB? I was passing by outside and they had the door/windows open. A crazy :loco: Taiwanese woman was shouting at her (presumable) husband (a white guy) and she actually threw stuff at him. The whole bar was :noway:

But the manager seemd to ignore it pretty much… kinda frightning.

No need to be frightened My wife will not be attending Happy Hour with me. Besides, the new court order says she is mo longer allowed around sharp instruments. :laughing:

OOC

I checked on this fight…apparently, from reliable sources, it was indeed a lovers quarrel…
These things do happen…One hopes they take place in the quiet sanctuary of a home…and not a public place…(unless its outside on the street of course, then it becomes a spectator sport)

Inside the bar, it is dangerous. I wasn’t there but we are doing our best to make sure these incidents are quickly taken care of when and if they again occur.

Except for this one incident, the bar has had a very familial atmosphere.

There is the potential for any fight at bar, but we expect TSB to be a place where our guests feel at home (maybe thats not a good choice)…where our guests feel comfortable away from home.

By-the-by…we are hosting the good folk from Forumosa thursday, I understand. Welcome and enjoy the best burgers in town.
I am in cool, clean rural Minnesota at the moment
and am semi-incommunicado.

Will there be vegetarian dishes available? :sunglasses:

As I understand it, YES, but only on Wednesdays are they made from REAL vegetarians.

OOC

Mmmm. 914 burgers served with Stray Dog salsa and a heaping mound of Bu Lai en fries. Sounds delish!

So, the answer to the question What’s tasty but vegetarian, is Stray Dog? Cool! :slight_smile:

Stray Dog is all skin and bones. No bang for the buck. I wouldn’t pay for a dish of that.

I have never been so insulted :fume: … well, except for the last time 914 said something to me. :frowning:

Does anyone know if TSB open for lunches now?

I will not say “No, it’s almost midnight.”
I will not say…

OOC

Post Happy Hour: These are really great burgers!!! Cooked just right and served quickly and professionally. The prices are very reasonable. The staff friendly and NEVER pushy or impatient.

The bar stools worked for just about everybody except this incapacitated old man, but the bench seats and the chairs accommodated me quite well.

A couple of steps to navigate but the railing and handholds make it accessible for all but strictly wheelchairs.

A great evening at a great place (with really nice people).

Congrats Mr. T.

OOC

Stopped in for lunch on Friday, an excuse for going to see Sunny. :smiley:

Very impressed. Quality, and no skimping on the quantity either. The soup was out of this world, and the fajitas were great. Cheap too. I’ll be back.

Thank you for your kind comments on the bar, its food and service.
Our manager does take pride in making everyone feel at home.