Taipei Sports Bar & Diner

No one answered this. Loretta mentioned she was there for a Friday lunch, but are they open everyday? Like today for instance?

No one answered this. Loretta mentioned she was there for a Friday lunch, but are they open everyday? Like today for instance?[/quote]

You could call them: taipeisportsbar.com/

In response to my own question, TSB is indeed open for lunch.
Their lunch hours are from 11-3.
They have a great selection of set meals at 230 or 250nt.
Comes with soup, salad, coffee.
I was there yesterday, and got the burger, my gf got a fajita.
The waitress was fantastic, paid attention to us when we needed it, kept the drinks topped with refills, but wasn’t in our face.
Last week their meals were 20% off, this week they were 15% off and next week 10% off.
I’d definitely recommend checking them out.

Thank you for the kind comments on the food and service.
Manager, General Puja, takes a great deal of pride in making sure our customers are well served.

We are indeed open for lunch as Josefus stated in the previous post.

We have added a Ladies Night…Tuesdays.
I peeked in last night…and stayed.
The ladies were asking where the heck the men were…especially those handsome, young English teacher types.

We do hold events at TSB.
So far…three groups have more-or-less taken over the joint for a few hours on a selected night.

I believe the Canadian Society is in next in August.

If your organistation is looking for a venue…check out the TSB.
We can seat up to 45…maybe 50, in a very nice atmosphere.

Very nice Bill.

We had a small get together this evening and we were very well taken care of, and had excellent food. The bacon cheeseburger was fabulous as it was before. Probably the only drawback was the lack of “vege” food. I think the vege folks will need more variety than salad and the vege lasagne. Maybe the veggie burger (BOCA Burgers from Costco if they have?)

Nice touch is the addition of draft Hoegaarden and Stella. :beer: :thumbsup:

This thread has been quiet. Is TSB still chugging along?

I just noticed that they have a “ladies night” on Tuesdays.

How’s that going?

Right… this thread has been quiet…toooo quiet.

I’ve been waiting for Jim to install the new satellite system in order to get the NFL games.

Its been a problem of getting permission from the building commitee and battling it out over the ownership of the old satellite dishes…and of course Jim covers the whole island and is not here all that often.

In the meantime…Puja is offering 2 for 1 specials on Buffalo Wings on Mondays and Thursdays…

The chef has come up with a daily soup that’s pretty doggone good.

Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 6PM to 8PM. (one bottle of beer for 100NT)

Happy Hour all night on Sundays…really?? OK. I hope Puja knows what she’s doing…my god! All the havoc to be wrought!!

A reminder…the very best hamburgers in the Northern Taiwan continuum are made right here.

The pool table is there for your enjoyment…(we only allow pool to be played on the table)

A big thank you to our regular customers…(its been a quiet fall…tooo quiet)

Bill

A new number at the Taipei Sports Bar/Diner:

2703-0416

[quote=“Bill Thissen”]Right… this thread has been quiet…toooo quiet.

I’ve been waiting for Jim to install the new satellite system in order to get the NFL games.

Its been a problem of getting permission from the building commitee and battling it out over the ownership of the old satellite dishes…and of course Jim covers the whole island and is not here all that often.

Bill[/quote]

I think we’ll have to use another building… failure is not an option.
I will come over on Thursday 15th December in the early evening around 5 or 6pm. I’ll call you Bill.

BTW, it turns out the guy who is not letting us have access to the rooftop is only renting. It’s also illegal to lock off the stairwells to the roof so play hardball and call the police anf fire department. They’ll cut off his gate and fine or jail him.

Hi,

So, any news on the Taipei Sports Bar? Don’t get out of the cage much, but I noticed the web site is not to be found.

Anyone knowing what happened to TSB pls let me know - they had good burgers.

Cheers -

When I last went to Wellcome, the name had changed to “Mojo Sports Bar”. I believe that it is under completely new ownership. That’s all I know really. I don’t have any contact numbers or names but it hasn’t moved; i.e. there still exists a bar where TSB was.

Bob

Gee, I hope the new owners have maintained the fine tradition of The Utterly Worst Service Imaginable…it would be a shame to see that go by the wayside…

Thanks for the update on the Taipei Sports Bar - still on the fence a bit as I heard that a very different kind of clientele now frequents the place. And I don’t think this new clientele are experts on Western style hamburgers…if the report is true.

Will mull it over as I get into my black bowling clothes, wear a Rolex and rubber sandals and stick a temp tatoo on my arm. Maybe that will make me fit into the new crowd there.

You didn’t hear nothin’, see?

Mojo Jojo!

[quote=“tnchris”]Thanks for the update on the Taipei Sports Bar - still on the fence a bit as I heard that a very different kind of clientele now frequents the place. And I don’t think this new clientele are experts on Western style hamburgers…if the report is true.

Will mull it over as I get into my black bowling clothes, wear a Rolex and rubber sandals and stick a temp tatoo on my arm. Maybe that will make me fit into the new crowd there.[/quote]

Anyway, we’re just down the street… :smiley:

Bob

Was just there a few days back. The draft San Miguel tasted the same and the cheese fries was decent. Pool table was in as good condition as ever.

That’s good news. Instead of listening to rumors, I should go check it out.