Taipei's Most Exciting Shared Space (Meeting Rooms, Event Spaces, Hot Desks)

That entire block of Minsheng is falling to the wayside.

The little simple Japanese BBQ shops nearby are fun.

on the backside yes. But between there and Dunhua you won’t find much.

Yea, dull, got My Other Place Pub and Smexy. Sherwood Hotel, nice but boring.

Business by day, family by night.

Smexy, lol. Just another craphole bar in Taipei that thinks they can charge 200 NT for a beer.

Sherwood is OK, but it’s been hit hard by Intel decamping the area for Nangang.

Was it ever good to begin with?

Mid-tier fare. I’ve been to a number of Christmas events there. The Western food is too central European for my taste.

Yeah I’ll make my own goulash.

COVID made it go under sooner, seems like WeWork which lost a lot of cash, like multi millions.

Wework is packed though

Which wework?

It doesn’t augur well that this place couldn’t survive, even if I wasn’t ever going to be one of their customers.

What I laugh at though is the thought that ‘creatives’ just work on laptops and .Need a recording studio for their YouTube and Facebook video .

None of these 'creatives ’ would be inventing a cure for the coronavirus or figuring out alternative energy or getting us into space or writing the next pop hit.

1 Like

Xinyi one

Kafnu was a touch too far from the metro down a dusty main boulevarde with not much interesting retail for hip-creative-nomad types. The people in the WeWork at Xinyi would be majority American signups I reckon. So you have Kafnu being the Asian WeWork mini-me in a crap location. Most of these Silicon Valley companies are trend followers - so they’re all going to be on WeWork - if virtual office is indeed their preferred choice of arrangement. Incidentally WeWork hasn’t turned a dollar yet, they are still hemorrhaging cash.

2 Likes

Yeah they so creative they are crammed into a small space in Xinyi.

2 Likes

We work is packed. Too many coworking space in Taipei

It’s the usual thing, everybody opens in Taipei,and nothing outside it. But there’s no foreign tourists in Taiwan anymore…So they can’t do their digital nomaddy pay no taxes creativity now. That’s possibly why some are shutting down.

I worked at the Hive in Ximen last April, May and it was crammed with Taiwanese companies, only a few foreigners.

1 Like

To be fairI did hear it was a trend locally for new companies not to have offices, or at least much reduced size. Even our place will merge existing offices and reduce our footprint further soon. I barely go into the office these days.

I dislike all this all inclusive pricing of the WeWork clones, I want to go and get my own coffee and lunch. Just give me a network port with good up and down bandwidth, and some natural light would be nice, although I’m probably asking too much.

1 Like

I expect a coffee machine tbh.

1 Like