Taipei's Most Exciting Shared Space (Meeting Rooms, Event Spaces, Hot Desks)

This does me fine when I need a hot desk.

I also like to be able to go to different places to work and just kind of ramble around. It might be different if company pays right and there’s no good local office or home office. My home office is sweet now and I need to do a lot of video calls these days.

1 Like

I used to work in Louisa, but once a week someone being obnoxious and loud on their phone would make it impossible to work. Also doesn’t work out cheaper

Yeah I don’t do a lot of work in coffeeshops in reality. Just more escaping my home office or a couple of hours and I’m done . I may enjoy those shared spaces if I needed them I guess.

Free craft beer on tap at Wework was one of the greatest marketing strategies of all time. Such a tantalizing perk that you will hardly ever use and allows them to charge exorbitant pricing. I don’t work at Wework

Holy shit you got me at hello.
:grin::joy:No wonder they lose so much money.:grinning:

Business plan of wework

‘mr Sugimito (whatever his name is), we need to UNTAP your untold billions so you can invest in our hip creative spaces, buying out whole office blocks to give people loss making creative space all over the world …’

WTF was that guy thinking.

They don’t because of that, it’s a genius sales pitch. They have a beer tap next to coffee machine on every floor. At most you will have a couple of pints with coworker on a Friday

Yeah especially with how uptight modern working culture actually is.

Wework- management says things are looking up. It seems making less revenue burns less money. They could be on to something here ! :joy::joy::joy:

Quarterly revenue slid 8% from the second quarter to $811 million, while the company posted cash burn of $517 million, less than $671 million a quarter ago, WeWork said in a memo to employees seen by Reuters.

They are OK now I think though, the issue was they were overvalued and expanded too quickly. The one in Taipei must be making money

500-600 million loss a quarter is OK?
Why don’t they close down and just stand outside and burn stacks of cash instead.

1 Like

Lot of nice new coffee shops, some much faster than office internet and yes nice to get out of the office (Happy to be in warm Taiwan that I can also sit outdoors )

1 Like

There is one in our office tower, they started on one floor and added a second level recently, lots of use as regional office use for both Taiwanese and multinational firms with local staff. We some times use their meeting rooms which is bigger than ours, recently harder to book. But long term there a few large office towers to open, not sure older office shares can keep up, just like the old coffee shops and new coffee shops.

1 Like

Taipei desperately short of office space