Taiwan 2030- what are your predictions?

• Taiwan part of Chinese economic zone with parliament in HK or Xiamen
  • Taiwan still run as independent state although only recognized through the CEZ representative offices
  • Taipei largely redeveloped although many dingy apartment blocks remain
  • Large community of mainlanders in Taiwan, some
    become integrated and localized, others send kids to attend their own PRC school systems and have little Beijing district in Taipei
  • Kaoshiung largely cleaned up and most dynamic city in Taiwan economically
  • East coast cities doubled in size due to better transportation and teleworking and disneyland type resort in Hualian/Taidong
  • Aborigines get rights to semi autonomous regions but corruption scandals make this a hot topic
  • Teleworking, freelancing , realtime translation change structure of work for most employees, many people teleworking on international projects outside of Taiwan, Foreign English teachers still come to Taiwan but large amount of telepresence teachers in classroom also along with AI teachers
  • Actual schools still exist and still have pressurised exams but exams losing importance due to ability to learn by telepresence internationally and get foreign degrees in this manner.
    Schools emphasize more project based work
  • Taiwan still has very low birth rate due to busy work lives and females wanting more freedom
  • Kending town expanded but newest kids on the block are other new more hip developments in Hengchun
  • Taichung has metro and light rail, central area is the most popular for bars and nightlife, still has air pollution due though due to more lax industrial regulations
  • Miaoli city and environs becomes extremely popular with retired people who move out of Taipei and Taoyuan
  • Large number of unemployed middle aged factory
    workers due to automation, govt schemes attempt with little success to re-employ in construction, farming and service industries.
  • Medical care more expensive due to bankruptcy of original Jianbao system and expensive modern treatments and drugs and large numbers of elderly people
  • Nuclear accident in Kending reactor following massive earthquake and tidal wave results in nuclear power being phased out but not completely shut down yet due to worries over energy supply stability

China will have simply bought up Taiwan.

All major Apartment projects Chinese.
All major shopping malls Chinese.
All TV and Radio-station Internet Platforms controlled by the Chinese government.
The list can go on like this for pages.

The Mafia in Taiwan will be Chinese and one of them is going to be the new President.

Roxy 99 will still be a grimy underground club with vomit in the urinals.

And some of the same girls (and boys) will still be frequenting it.

yes but by then it will be called Roxy 100 due to original owners selling out to a couple of blue truck drivers.

All that i know is that i will be 18 years older, but still will like 20 something TW girls . Who will be even prettier, lord almighty!

but yeah big changes may be a comin in the year 2030 for the lil island called the wan.

I predict China and Taiwan become even closer and that much of the first posters predicts will come to be.

But maybe Taoyuan will be sold off to the Chinese who will build it up to be like another mega Chinese city. It will be unrecognizable.

Taiwan will be reunified with China and everyone has finally gotten on with their lives and a dream that should have died decades ago is finally dead.

I’ll have had penis enlargement surgery that means those 20 year olds hanging out at Roxy whether it is 100, 99, vibe or whatever will be impressed with my large Asian brother. :smiley:

Taiwan will be one of 6 independent Chinese countries, will be populated by 40 million people (refugees), and I will be writing a book about the time on the island before the empire broke up on the other side of the straits.

1 Like

Jet packs!

In English or German?

The wind will blow dust through unpopulated streets lined by rotting concrete husks. The Mayan Apocalypse is upon us in seven months.

• 2030 mainland economically is seen as advanced and taiwanese people wont be offended if someone says if their chinese

China will balkanise or suffer some kind of revolution.

Most other things will be the same. Technology will be the same. Just look at all the movies and magazines 18 years ago predicting personal flying machines and space travel and people living in a bubble atmosphere on the moon. Pure bull.
Nothing will really change. Computers will be faster. Cameras will have a zillion pixels, but that’s about it.

Anyone for a game of SimCity?

I would settle for less air-borne pollution, a general tidy up and a better balanced society.

Change goes slowly and then bam it’s everywhere. It’s like electric cars, I saw my first Nissan Leaf 3 days ago.I expect to see a few more electric cars over the next few years but in 10 years or so I wouldn’t be surprised if half the cars were electric. Driverless cars the same, the technology is getting there really fast, 10 years later, I expect they will be fairly common in some countries.

The same with smartphones, for years you had the dopod (early HTC) or the palm pilot type things, they never really took off, boring, too slow etc. When everything came together, 3G, computing power, touch screens, cloud apps…bam they were everywhere AND are changing society.

The internet is the biggest one of all…when I started college it consisted of e-mail and usenet, by the end of my college years you already had netscape and a few years later one of the biggest tech booms the world has even seen and the foundation of tech titans such as Google.

Virtual reality and telepresence is like that too, it’s been in movies in the 90s and gone out of favour until recently. But if you check what is happening soon Skype will be so passe, virtual telepresence will save organisations fortunes in travel and you can even use a robot to move around an interact with co-workers. It depends on faster networks and more computing power. Sounds really weird now, but it’s going to catch on fast. We use teleconference a lot for work and it is still kind of crap but once they get it right it’s going to be very popular…I guarantee it.

Even a simple thing like HD Skype would work wonders…

Yeah, but that will be crap, like the Palm Pilot. I’d prefer to get on a big chunk of aluminium with real pilots and go to meet people in person - build proper relationships instead of building cyber acquaintances, whilst being hemmed in all the time with colleagues and bosses you’re dying to get away from.
Looking at screens all your life - what a waste of eyes.
The fun will be drawn out of everything. Having everything at the tip of ones fingers will ensure learning fizzles out.
Everything safe.
Everything automatic.
One day we’ll manage to cut ourselves out of the equation.

Yeah, but that will be crap, like the Palm Pilot. I’d prefer to get on a big chunk of aluminium with real pilots and go to meet people in person - build proper relationships instead of building cyber acquaintances, whilst being hemmed in all the time with colleagues and bosses you’re dying to get away from.
Looking at screens all your life - what a waste of eyes.
The fun will be drawn out of everything. Having everything at the tip of ones fingers will ensure learning fizzles out.
Everything safe.
Everything automatic.
One day we’ll manage to cut ourselves out of the equation.[/quote]

You even could have your foreign shareholder control a virtual robot and shake hands of virtual workers in a virtual environment when he/she is checking on progress being made.

“That construction site looks great! You are working so fast! That’s a nice factory you own. etc.”

Skynet becomes self aware and destroys all major cities with nuclear weapons. Then a war with the machines…

Be careful of those Skynet internet cafes… they are a front for Skynet to gather enough resources to start a nuclear war…

Tainet will become self aware in 2017. It instantly takes over all noodle factories in China and Taiwan and floods the world with spicy beef noodles. The humans are expected to put up little resistance.

Then one human installs Microsoft Windows 95 onto Tainet, causing a massive Illegal Operation that in turn caused the servers to explode, ending the threat.