Taiwan - Asia’s LGBT capital

“Makes sense.”

Are they fine with people being gay? That seems to be a necessary precondition of Sui’s statement

I never got one. Can you take a pic next time before you RIP it ?

I’m not talking about facts, just my experience and feelings.

From what I understand the bible tells Christians that being gay is a sin and that it’s their duty to inform the public about the teachings of their religion/do missionary work/etc. So it makes sense to me that the Christians here are doing that.

1 Like

And blacks are overwhelmingly Christian and church going folk, so what @BiggusDickus said makes sense.

Glad we solved that.

As a dyed in the wool non-believer I’m fine with being anti-Christian. But in the interest of fair play I feel the rules should be applied evenly.

So…in the interest of fairness we should be anti-black too? still not seeing how this is relevant…

Does it? I know Paul says it’s an “abomination”. As far as the OT goes Christians happily disregard most of those laws

It’s never happened to me, which, of course, does not in anyway negate Sui’s experience. I once worked with a Muslim who hated gays. I believe the Quran states that homosexuality is a sin. So, presumably I can link the two?

1 Like

I’m really not certain. I tried to read the bible but found it too boring to get through. Most religious texts are kind of a slog.

“Abomination” sounds pretty bad though. Could be interpreted as sin. And it’s all about how you interpret it, right?

I’m not sure why you don’t see the point.

Some church people are doing a campaign to oppose the same sex marriage.

1 Like

Shhhhh.
We can only poop on Christianity (unless your talking about black Christians). You leave Islam out of this. Don’t be doing any linking of hateful ideas to a peaceful ideology.

You. Are. Hilarious.

1 Like

It does seem pretty bad, definitely frowned upon by Paul anyway. Maybe I’m nitpicking. Not sure what exactly qualifies as a sin for Christians now that I think of it.

But I still don’t see how specifically black religious people are relevant to the discussion.

Christians and Muslims come in many colors. Some are anti-gay and some are not. I think it has to do more with the religiosity of a person rather than the color of their skin.

I’m pretty sure if you did a statistical analysis in the US you’d find that black people are not the most gay friendly segment of the population. That doesn’t make everyone or anyone a homophobe or anything.

1 Like

More black Christians voted “nuhhh uhhhh” on gay marriage in California when compared to their white counterparts.

It’s the act itself that’s the sin (as is lust, fornication etc). Apparently a lot of monks are gay.

Not really. Well for one thing I think it’s more fine with gay people rather than people being gay. I’m friendly with a gay couple and although I wouldn’t say I support their decisions in this regard I hold no animosity towards them.
And the reason for being opposed to it is by no means necessarily “I dislike gays therefore I don’t want them to be able to get married”.

1 Like

This is basically what I mean, but you worded it better.:thinking: