Taiwan - Asia’s LGBT capital

“…for it is an abomination. Done. That was a nice sentence. Wait…“lie”…maybe I should have worded it “tell lies”, because what I wanted to say is that you shouldn’t be lying to either men or women…nah, I’m sure people will understand”

What if we have been bamboozled all along ??

Stop trying to pinpoint @Andrew0409 on something in which God ultimately has final judgment/say over.
If you are adamant about a pecking order, go read the Ten Commandments and then go understand the difference between venial and mortal sins.

@Andrew0409 has been quite patient in saying he is not in position to place sins in order, other than state some of the common ones.

There are Catholic forums you can peruse if you are honestly wondering about these things.

2 Likes

So, the Andrew guy was in the position of stating that being gay is not the ultimate sin so he seemed to have some insights concerning the pecking order, something I do not.

If you want to make a point about how gays are sinners, you can’t shut down any questioning of this hypothesis by saying I should go look it up somewhere else

Also somewhat related/just hit me. What difference does it make what the Christian god guy says about sins when most gay don’t believe in that?

I answered as theologically sound as I can be.

And I said everyone is a sinner by nature. Just that I don’t believe homosexuality is somehow more of a sin or however you put it.

What you believe or don’t believe does not change the objective truth. God either exist or does not exist. What you think or believe doesn’t change what is and isn’t.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, considering there are a number of different religions and most of them are hostile to people believing in the wrong god. What’s your thaughts on Pascal’s wager?

Playing the odds, would it not make most sense to reject all gods and religions ?

What people are religious or not religious by playing the odds?

Surely you don’t base your beliefs on statical odds. Must be something to it.

It doesn’t make any difference unless you become a Christian. But at least you are asking questions which is the first step to deliverance.

1 Like

:+1:

I got it now, my apologies for not getting it earlier

…unless the thought energy radiating from every sentient being plays a part in shaping reality, including the phenomenon known as God. Just sayin’.

Well, anyone would be so glad to be in position/given a chance at stating such a thing, but his polite hints were offering to you what most Christians believe, that God has the final say. You can try and rope in the fundamentalists and “their” view, but that’s like saying all Christians feel this way, which obviously at least from @Andrew0409 and my own opinion, we do not.

So, that’s why I directed you to other more helpful forums. I would not “shut down” any such conversation. It is neither here nor there for me to ever consider such a thing. But, I can direct you to those who study this issue religiously, pun intended.

What, is it now verboten to admit tbat other places/people know any topic we discuss herein better than myself/ourselves?

1 Like

Are you denying the power of belief?

1 Like

I actually thought Thailand would be more capital than Taiwan. To be honest, I don’t really feel that the country is very homo.

I mean do you feel comfortable being gay here? Most of my gay friends seem pretty happy and there’s def a gay scene thats big. Huge gay parties all the time.

Which country would be very homo? What does is even mean for a country to be homo?

I am not really out out. And I don’t really party that much. So probably that’s why. Also, Ximen is not fully gay, there’s only one strip which I feel very gay or homo, where the Red House is.

I feel that Thailand when I was there is more gay especially Bangkok. It even reflects on their entertainment - Thailand have so much homocentric TV series and movies, in fact, some of which are more popular than hetero ones. Is there even a current popular homo series and movie locally made in Taiwan? I don’t think so.

There’s even a stereotype in Thailand (Bangkok) being a sex capital with a lot of drags and ladyboys. Does Taiwan compare to that? Just my personal feel.

I just posted it up there

I don’t get why ximen is even “gay” I guess there’s one men’s and some female sex toys shops. But it’s not so gay imo.

Exactly my point.

I thought gay capital was saying most open to gays and gays don’t face fear and discrimination not that’s there huge gay party areas.

I don’t think that’s healthy at all. Especially being a sex capital with drag shows and ladyboys. It reads exploitation and reinforces the image that gay = sleezy.

A healthy LGBT capital would be an organic environment, like Canada or something, where being gay just doesn’t make a difference to anybody.

3 Likes