Taiwan Born American Divorce Taiwanese and Assets

Seems like you are doing this out of spite. And that comes across off as a bit petty.

We’re not getting the full story. :popcorn:

Care to share?

3 Likes

Unless she cheated on you or beat you up or otherwise mistreated you, this isn’t really how divorces (or breakups in general) work. You can’t get money and assets from someone just because they eventually realized they didn’t actually want to be with you after all.

2 Likes

if taiwan courts find the marriage is already broken, which her lawyer might try to claim, you might get nothing, Her family might prefer to pay to lawyers rather than you.

1 Like

We got married in US 2 years ago. After she graduated she went back to Taiwan to get some work experience first. She was then going to apply for Spouse Visa to America in a year or so. After going back for almost a year, now she thinks it will not work out and want to separate and divorce. I don’t agree with the separation because I am willing to move back to Taiwan, but for her, she’s already content with living in Taiwan again now. Also, she’s been using Apps to meet new people right now, she states it is just for friends, but I think it’ll go further than that quickly. Basically I think she will technically cheat and commit adulterary while she is still married to me. She is basically expecting me to process the divorce in America by next year. As always, she comes from a wealthy family, so she is spoiled and takes no responsibility for anything. My spite comes from this. Basically I sacrificed everything for her, and then she just all of the sudden decides its not going to work. We haven’t even had an argument in a long term, so for me it is a bit of surprise.

I don’t know how it is in US, but in Taiwan adultery is a crime if you have a concrete proof.

But, anyway, I’d recommend to get a lawyer or two, if you want a litigation or two to try to get some compensation.

you could negotiate that you wouldn’t do it without some compensation, which might be easier than going to courts.

Sorry to hear that.
If this is her attitude, you may have a bigger headache if you stay with her.
It might be better for you to just move on.

There are those that would count yourself lucky to have “escaped” from such a woman. Let her go and stay away from her. Great to have an ocean between ex spouses :slight_smile:

worked for me.

Women are like cars. Some are better rented, some leased and only the rare few are worth buying and keeping. Just don’t forget you will always be paying for it, one way or another or two ways.

They are going to always surprise you, and not always in the best way.
They all demand a lot of effort and time and emotional input and you don’t always get back what you put in, in fact it would be rare.
They will make you cry.
They will make you broke.
They will love you and hate you, often at the same time.
Some will make you want them so bad then realize you were mistaken.
Some will cheat on you , some will beat on you. Some will make you wish you had never met them. Some of them will wish you had not let them go (few).
Gosh there is much to say about women. God gave them to man to enrich our lives , so that we may experience good (and evil).

And they can say the same of us.

2 Likes

A solid gold tommy525 classic post.

Women are like cars. The only question is whether to rent, lease, or buy them. Outstanding!

1 Like

well put!

Gosh there is much to say about women.

@tommy525 they say everyone has one song in them… however I think you may have a full album :slight_smile:

1 Like

She sounds like a child, good luck to you.

Keep doing research online because she may already have something more than a “friend” and you can use that

Jeffrey Preston Bezos begs to disagree.

Well he cheated. And the divorce ended up costing him $36bn.

Well that’s why you don’t cheat on your spouse! Or at least don’t get caught.

it is agreed distribution of their marital assets for their 26 yr marriage, I think.

In US divorce rules are different at each state, so OP should check the rules of his state.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Thing is losing 36B didn’t really cost him anything tangible. Because whether he had 36B or 72B I really don’t think it impacts his lifestyle ALL THAT MUCH. At least I would not think so.

I think after I have 36B I don’t really need the other 36B afterall.
I can have my private jet (s) and many homes in nice locales around the world and pay for the whole shebang (oops perhaps not a good word choice here).

2 Likes

Never forget this!

1 Like

Hah, try that one in the tax debate thread! :smile:

HOnestly i am a simple joe, i think i only really need a B, i will be content.