Taiwan Conspiracy Theories; the formula

I must confess up front that because I work for myself I do not have the free time to have studied all 35 pages of the Great Greasball Gun-down Part XXIII thread in detail so if I repeat something that somebody else said in that immortal thread, “my bad” as they say in b-ball.

I separated this out because my comments are directed at any Taiwanese conspiracy, especially of a political/criminal justice ilk.

Let me, for the first time to the general public, reveal Dr. Brians Patented (patent pending) Formula For a Formosa/Taiwan/ROC Conspiracy.

{Disclaimer: when I refer to Taiwanese I am not talking about any one specific Taiwanese person. I am talking in generalities. I think my comments are accurate, but they are generalities. I also realize that much of what I say could be said with equal accuracy about some other group of people

I take issue with this borderline racist comment. Do not confuse “passion” with “lack of reason” the two are not mutually exclusive. And I’ll tell you what, the west could learn a great deal about Taiwanese patience and tolerance – these involve the inductive and deductive compacities of the mind in every sense.

That said, the majority of Taiwanese see through this pathetic display by the pan-blues – and many more who are “undecided” will see this farce for what it is if it is investigated further.

BK: You left out one important factor: 60 years of pre-conditioning that the government is corrupt and can’t be trusted.

Add this logic chart:

Thanks Dr B. A post that was as funny as it was misunderstood - Jesus Stop_Ma, chill out will ya…

But to this bit:

Americans maybe, but never Australians. Our sense of reason and logic is hard and fast - like shards of steel. If you present an Australian with a problem, you get answers. Where the Taiwanese run, the Canadians waver, and the American’s blame the Democrats, WE remain true to the enlightenment thinkers and the philosophy of Descartes.

So what should we do about the shooting incident? Simple, give it to an Australian to fix. We won the war. Shouldn’t be too hard to get to the bottom of this one.

[quote=“guangtou”]Thanks Dr B. A post that was as funny as it was misunderstood - Jesus Stop_Ma, chill out will ya…

But to this bit:

Americans maybe, but never Australians. Our sense of reason and logic is hard and fast - like shards of steel. If you present an Australian with a problem, you get answers. Where the Taiwanese run, the Canadians waver, and the American’s blame the Democrats, WE remain true to the enlightenment thinkers and the philosophy of Descartes.

So what should we do about the shooting incident? Simple, give it to an Australian to fix. We won the war. Shouldn’t be too hard to get to the bottom of this one.[/quote]

That’s the first time in my life I’ve said anything even remotely patriotic. Think I’ve been reading too much of Comrade Stalin’s posts…

[quote=“guangtou”]
That’s the first time in my life I’ve said anything even remotely patriotic. Think I’ve been reading too much of Comrade Stalin’s posts…[/quote]

And you’re a better man for it. :laughing:

Damn, that was a great rant. Well said, Att. Esquire, sir. I don’t think you really meant that TaiwanESE cannot reason, just that they reason in a very different way that you do. But it’s still reasoning, and done by people with high IQs.

What you said was not racist at all, as everyone here knows you are happily married to a Taiwanese woman and enjoy your life here…

That rant was absolutely fantastic. Well said and here here!

I figure most conspiracy theorists have lost touch with Taiwan society. Most people figure here could care less if there really was a conspiracy. Jason could produce an authentic video of CSB shooting himself, and I doubt it would change anyone’s vote. After all, it would be a choice between the 319 Shooting Conspiracy and the James Soong/KMT Money Scandal. Everybody’s in on a conspiracy or two, or at least every politician. You just have to choose between the one whose conspiracy does you the least damage.

He said that the Taiwanese can’t reason inductively or deductively.

And he didn’t just say “Taiwanese politicians”. He said “Taiwanese” – and he even said in “a generalized way”.

I guess people are taking this as being sarcastic?

It escaped me (even on the second read) – and I have a very sarcastic sense of humour. But what do I know?

Classic post :bravo:

Speaking of Americanos, some insanely high percentage of Americans believe Iraq was involved in 9/11, UFOs have anally probed cows… and 40 years after a US president was caught on film (by multiple cameras) having his brains blown out by an assassin’s bullet, folks still debate whether it was the Cubans, the Italian mafia, the Soviets, the CIA, Lyndon Johnson, or just a single lone shooter behind it all.

Let’s just go on enjoying our own well-developed sense of superiority quietly, and leave the poor ignorants out there alone to their own pathetic little lives.

[quote]Speaking of Americanos, some insanely high percentage of Americans believe Iraq was involved in 9/11, UFOs have anally probed cows… and 40 years after a US president was caught on film (by multiple cameras) having his brains blown out by an assassin’s bullet, folks still debate whether it was the Cubans, the Italian mafia, the Soviets, the CIA, Lyndon Johnson, or just a single lone shooter behind it all.

Let’s just go on enjoying our own well-developed sense of superiority quietly, and leave the poor ignorants out there alone to their own pathetic little lives.[/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

[quote=“cctang”]Speaking of Americanos, some insanely high percentage of Americans believe Iraq was involved in 9/11, UFOs have anally probed cows… and 40 years after a US president was caught on film (by multiple cameras) having his brains blown out by an assassin’s bullet, folks still debate whether it was the Cubans, the Italian mafia, the Soviets, the CIA, Lyndon Johnson, or just a single lone shooter behind it all.

Let’s just go on enjoying our own well-developed sense of superiority quietly, and leave the poor ignorants out there alone to their own pathetic little lives.[/quote]

Right! Americans have only 200 years of culture while Chinese have over 5,000. :bow:

[quote=“cctang”]Speaking of Americanos, some insanely high percentage of Americans believe Iraq was involved in 9/11, UFOs have anally probed cows… and 40 years after a US president was caught on film (by multiple cameras) having his brains blown out by an assassin’s bullet, folks still debate whether it was the Cubans, the Italian mafia, the Soviets, the CIA, Lyndon Johnson, or just a single lone shooter behind it all.

Gee…the gratuitous American bashing…how predictable…and droll…hoo hummm… :unamused:

I should mention, my original post was not a rant. I harbor no hard feelings or animosities towards the locals. They live in their world, do their thing; its fine with me. They do not bother me, I do not bother them. I very much have come to peace with the locals since I stopped giving a fuck about what they do. That happened about 5 years ago now.

And I have every right to make general observations about them. And I do when it amuses me and I got some time to kill. And I stand 100% behind everything I say. I maybe wrong, but at least I put my name where my talk is. It cracks me up all the keyboard commandos who talk all kinds of shit on these boards but in fact do nothing in the real world.

A bit of cyber-ink was spilled over the fact that Taiwanese, in general, can not think. The reason for that, I suspect, is not genes. Thinking as a skill has no value on this island and it is not taught in the schools so it naturally follows that most Taiwanese walking the streets (or running the county) can not do it. Thinking is a skill no different than some physical skill like hitting a golf ball down the fairway without slicing it or putting it in the rough. For most Taiwanese golf is not a skill which will bring them any money, it is not taught in the schools; ergo they can not do it. Same deal on thinking.

Some of the dudes on this thread are too tense. Take a deep breath, face facts, take another deep breath. Let me close on a non-inflammatory note; what percentage would you say, of Taiwanese graduate thesis are either plagiarized or rely on falsified data

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]I should mention, my original post was not a rant. I harbor no hard feelings or animosities towards the locals. They live in their world, do their thing; its fine with me. They do not bother me, I do not bother them. I very much have come to peace with the locals since I stopped giving a fuck about what they do. That happened about 5 years ago now.

And I have every right to make general observations about them. And I do when it amuses me and I got some time to kill. And I stand 100% behind everything I say. I maybe wrong, but at least I put my name where my talk is. It cracks me up all the keyboard commandos who talk all kinds of shit on these boards but in fact do nothing in the real world.

A bit of cyber-ink was spilled over the fact that Taiwanese, in general, can not think. The reason for that, I suspect, is not genes. Thinking as a skill has no value on this island and it is not taught in the schools so it naturally follows that most Taiwanese walking the streets (or running the county) can not do it. Thinking is a skill no different than some physical skill like hitting a golf ball down the fairway without slicing it or putting it in the rough. For most Taiwanese golf is not a skill which will bring them any money, it is not taught in the schools; ergo they can not do it. Same deal on thinking.

Some of the dudes on this thread are too tense. Take a deep breath, face facts, take another deep breath. Let me close on a non-inflammatory note; what percentage would you say, of Taiwanese graduate thesis are either plagiarized or rely on falsified data

[quote=“STOP_Ma”][quote=“brianlkennedy”]I should mention, my original post was not a rant. I harbor no hard feelings or animosities towards the locals. They live in their world, do their thing; its fine with me. They do not bother me, I do not bother them. I very much have come to peace with the locals since I stopped giving a fuck about what they do. That happened about 5 years ago now.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
Gee…the gratuitous American bashing…how predictable…and droll…hoo hummm… :unamused:[/quote]Now that’s hardly fair. I listed facts that’ve been validated by objective surveys; didn’t even need to rely on personal anecdotes. (Disclaimer: the cow anal probe thing was a bit of an exaggeration. No one’s really sure what orifice they probed.)

My point was really pretty simple. There are folks in every society who hold, shall we say, “quaint” beliefs that are not validated by science or logical analysis.

He cant do any worse than A-Bian can he? PLUS, check out the odds at the bookies back in Blighty! Should have put your money on prior to KMT leadership elections, come to Daddy!!

ROLL ON 2008

OH YEAH BABY!

BTW Chris, I hope you did that in 2004 like we said. 2008 is no longer that far away. Maybe we can buy somewhere poxy like Tainan with our winnings!!!