Taiwan Cop Arrests Betel Nut Vendor - too rough?

If you lip off a cop, and more than that, say the things in Taiwanese this “lady” said to him, you are asking for trouble. No, it doesn’t warrant the use of excessive force by the police and he could have handled it better too, but she brought that on with her actions and uncooperative behavior. Most if not all of the locals I asked yesterday about this said they thought this woman was asking for trouble.

The police aren’t perfect, far from it, but you try doing their job for a day and see how easy you think it is.

Drinkin’ tea, ridin’ a small motorcycle and signing a few papers? How hard could it be? :ponder:

I would agree with the locals; she seemed uncooperative.

Still, I think he should work on his ground game. :neutral:

There were a bunch of other clips on youtube, but seem to have been deleted or what? I cant find them, but she was pushed quite hard and fell out of the shop. I think if I was a cop Id be more gentle with a nearly naked 19 year old hot girl. I mean ok she was being a bitch, but really no need to throw her to the ground and knee her in the belly and force her on the ground and all that. This girl seems not to be very educated and/or did not watch enough American cop movies to know not to shout obscenities at cops. But she was being harassed by the cop before she got all huffy.

At first I tended to think she deserved what she got but reviewing many of the vids more she didnt deserve to be treated like that.

MY verdict would be YES the cop was way too harsh with her and in fact other then the girl shouting obscenities and being non cooperative he would be totally in the wrong.

She was just dressed like a normal beetle nut girl (not as “bad” as others) and he really had no business going in to her shop and harassing her in the first place.

The cop should be demoted. Inappropriate force and poor handling of a situation.

Bet he wished , with all this publicity (and the fact the girl is quite cute and only 19 and is only doing her job) that he was just like the normal cops playing mahjong and drinking tea and letting things just fall in place on their own.

Just wanted to say “Thanks” to Tommy for his tireless effort of viewing this scantily clad woman on video.

[quote=“zender”]Just wanted to say “Thanks” to Tommy for his tireless effort of viewing this scantily clad woman on video.[/quote]’

ITs a tough job (especially when I should be at work) but someone has to do it. I think I scrutinized EVERy detail here.

Imagine it was a skinny 19 year old gangster boy. She was resisting arrest, no need to treat her differently because she’s a girl. She saw she was getting hurt and still refused to stand up.

N.C. Surfer
You’re either confused about what a body slam is or you’re purposely sensationalizing things in Taiwanese media fashion. (damn, try saying “purposely sensationalizing things” with a lisp). I think the woman should have followed the advice of Chris Rock in the video TC posted, i.e. she should have STFU.

Dr. McCoy, you incorrigible old spanking fetishist!! :slight_smile: You’ll have to wait your turn. :slight_smile:

[quote=“k.k.”]If you lip off a cop, and more than that, say the things in Taiwanese this “lady” said to him, you are asking for trouble. No, it doesn’t warrant the use of excessive force by the police and he could have handled it better too, but she brought that on with her actions and uncooperative behavior. Most if not all of the locals I asked yesterday about this said they thought this woman was asking for trouble.

The police aren’t perfect, far from it, but you try doing their job for a day and see how easy you think it is.[/quote]

Testify. :bravo:
Dumbass loudmouth ho, cuss a cop out like that where I come from, never mind fuckin swing on him, I don’t fuckin care if you’re Dakotie Fucking Fanning, you’re going to have a lot more to worry about than a bruise on your bony-assed butt.

In the end they never got the cuffs on her I saw.
They just dragged her off by her arm.

Her protesting all the way.

But the public is likely to be on her side on this one. We like kinder gentler cops in Taiwan. What is he trying to be?? LIke a bad ol chicago copper?

Bet a chicago copper would just say “hey lady put some clothes on and just shut it” before simply tasering her though :astonished:

Did I miss a news story about Dakota Fanning? I didn’t know that was her middle name.

Anyway, I’m sure Tommy left no upskirt clip uncovered.

I must say there’s pretty good video coverage of this one. There must be three camera angles at least . . . One in the shop, one outside the shop, and is it my imagination, or is there a clip from her own cell phone of her slapping the copper? :loco:

Where the heck were TVBS and CFI?

[quote=“zender”]Did I miss a news story about Dakota Fanning?

I must say there’s pretty good video coverage of this one. There must be three camera angles at least . . . One in the shop, one outside the shop, and is it my imagination, or is there a clip from her own cell phone of her slapping the copper? :loco:

Where the heck was TVBS and CFI?[/quote]

You dang right ! Shes got great legs (nice pumps too ). Poor thing deserved to be handled nicer…bitch she was but still.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“k.k.”]If you lip off a cop, and more than that, say the things in Taiwanese this “lady” said to him, you are asking for trouble. No, it doesn’t warrant the use of excessive force by the police and he could have handled it better too, but she brought that on with her actions and uncooperative behavior. Most if not all of the locals I asked yesterday about this said they thought this woman was asking for trouble.

The police aren’t perfect, far from it, but you try doing their job for a day and see how easy you think it is.[/quote]

Testify. :bravo:
Dumbass loudmouth ho, cuss a cop out like that where I come from, never mind fuckin swing on him, I don’t fuckin care if you’re Dakotie Fucking Fanning, you’re going to have a lot more to worry about than a bruise on your bony-assed butt.[/quote]
:notworthy:

Go to 4:55 in the video clip and start watching. The cop was pushing her out of the shop and she turned and was standing on one foot. When he pushed her again she fell and her cell went bouncing off the tile.

[quote=“tommy525”]In the end they never got the cuffs on her I saw.
They just dragged her off by her arm.

Her protesting all the way.

But the public is likely to be on her side on this one. We like kinder gentler cops in Taiwan. What is he trying to be?? LIke a bad ol chicago copper?

Bet a chicago copper would just say “hey lady put some clothes on and just shut it” before simply tasering her though :astonished:[/quote]

Watch around 1:46 and look closer. Cop B hands cop A something which cop A puts on her wrist. Then they cut to her being dragged by one arm. At 1:53 you can see her hands are behind her back at an odd angle and linked by something, which are the handcuffs that got put on her.

Very good point. No double standards.

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“zender”]Did I miss a news story about Dakota Fanning?

Where the heck was TVBS and CFI?[/quote]

You dang right ! Shes got great legs (nice pumps too ). Poor thing deserved to be handled nicer…bitch she was but still.[/quote]

Tommy, shut the fuck up.

Imagine if she was a skinny 80 year-old lady.

It’s true she was mouthing off and resisting arrest. And it’s true the cop simply applied standard submission moves he was taught in cop school. But the level of force he applied would be appropriate when trying to subdue an adult male – not a skinny, frail, little weakling in high heels and underwear (even if she does have a big mouth and an attitude).

The level of force required to subdue a grown man, an old granny and a skinny little binglang girl vary and a good cop should apply the appropriate level of force depending on the suspect. This cop didn’t. He used the one-size fits all approach and it was excessive in this case.

As I said, I’m certain I could’ve cuffed her and thrown her in the squad car without throwing her to the pavement repeatedly, yanking her arm forcefully behind her back and dragging her down the street. It just requires a little common sense and compassion, which he seemed to be short of.

From the way their interact, I don’t think it is a law enforcement issue. They seems to be acquainted with each other. That cop acted more like a dumped ex-boyfriend.

Well from what the girl says, the cop has the hots for the betal nut slinger that is located next to her stand, and that in order to impress the other girl he is always harassing her and causing her problems. I wouldn’t doubt it one bit either.

Hey chief welcome back !

Now back to the action. Finally got home and now able to hear what the tv newscaster was saying. The police admit excessive use of force and the policeman in question has been transferred to and issued one demotion. However the police (rightly) lay part of the blame on the girls bad attitude and use of 4 letter words which did not help the situation.
The girl claimed she was going to go inside to put something on but the policeman wouldnt let her and blocked her way and pushed her outside of the store in fact, causing her to fall and bruise her knees. There was no doubt she was injured and excessive force was used. She was highly stupid to escalate the situation and in most countries she wouldve been manhandled or much much worse. She needs to see some US real cop action on TV to see how lucky she was that this incident did not cause her much more grief. It wouldve been within police rights in most western nations to mace her or knock her over the head with a baton or taser her. But I really feel that the policeman in question had ulterior motives for picking on her. I do believe he unnecessarily picked on her. She was not dressed different from most other beetle nut girls and he had no business going into her shop and creating a disturbance. I feel this cop should be assigned to the most dangerous duties of chasing down gangsters because of his dedication to his job. He should not be assigned to harass or patrol beetlenut girls.

I think a transfer to the gangster control dept and the issuance of one demerit is in order.
She should apologize to the police for her language and lack of cooperation as well.

She should be sentenced to five days in the cooler for her lack of cooperation and resisting arrest and hitting an officer of the law and use of foul language.

so says judge tommy

[quote=“almas john”]
N.C. Surfer
You’re either confused about what a body slam is or you’re purposely sensationalizing things in Taiwanese media fashion. (damn, try saying “purposely sensationalizing things” with a lisp).[/quote]You’re correct about me having no idea what an actual body slam is. Thank you for correcting me. As I watched the news report, I tried to think of a word to acurately describe what action the cop was attempting to make. The only thing I could think of was “body slam” as he swept her leg and she subsequently slammed down on the sidewalk. I wasn’t trying to sensationalize the news report. I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about the report. I am surprised with the responses this thread has generated, however. :s