Taiwan Digital COVID-19 Certificate - Discussion

Very easy. Thanks for that. Now all ready to hit the entertainment establishments this weekend!

3 Likes

Service service service! Give me that audio-visual treatment, oh yeah!

2 Likes

Be aware that the QR code has some personal information:
Name (English and Chinese), DOB

It can be read out from a photo of your QR code and decoded quite easily.
I would not put it in a visible spot.

2 Likes

Thanks. Itā€™ll be in a folder. And that personal information is also why Iā€™m not installing some random app to handle it - I want to get better information about which apps are recommended and hopefully more secure.

apologies if this was stated earlier, but does anyone know if this will be permanent? Say if the covid situation becomes under control/stabilized in the next year or so.

I donā€™t think anyone knows the answer to that. But I havenā€™t had to show a polio vaccine lately, so I doubt itā€™ll be permanent.

1 Like

I hope not, as I have no certificate for the Polio shot I received all those decades ago.

1 Like

What does audio visual barber shop mean?

Unlike with the word pub, I have no background expertise in understanding this term.

1 Like

Taipei has few barbershops that do not offer sex, many men go to beauty salons for haircuts.

2 Likes

donā€™t go into that neon-lit barbershop with a facade resembling the Great Pyramid.

Spoilsports

If youā€™re unvaccinated you canā€™t work in a school or cram school?

I do not know. Iā€™ve seen no mention of schools in this thread.

If youā€™re unvaccinated and working in those sectors, you will need to be tested regularly, I think weekly IIRC. Thatā€™s been the case for a while now.

Guy

2 Likes

iā€™m gonna use this one if i go anywhere naughty

Scan my QR code before you try to use it!

1 Like

got me

1 Like

what about the vaccinations that were given at the very beginning? I just logged into the website and it shows no vaccination at all for me (well I changed passport number too since then - but my ARC is the same and they recorded my ARC on my yellow card besides old passport number).
I just want to be prepared if Taiwan really locks down - then I would try to get a third shot as quickly as possible and get my a** out of Taiwan - however most countries in Europe now require boosters - so I would somehow need to get a certificate showing I have had three vaccinations - of which one was in Europe - one in Taiwan very early on - and then a booster in Taiwan. I do have both paper cards with me - and in Europe they registered my Taiwan shot somehow so I have EU covid certificate showing 2/2 doses (but not the info about the first one).

I was vaccinated about as early as possible in the self-pay program (late April?), and the ā€œpassportā€ correctly shows me as having three shots. However, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if one of the later shots somehow ā€œnudgedā€ the earlier one into the records.

Do you get the same results if you log in with ARC vs passport number? Arenā€™t they both options?