Taiwan drinks business overseas

Seems Taiwan drink ideas such as bubble tea become USA bubble drink soda. Maybe a new drink variation for a store. USA fast food chain’s version of it.

2 Likes

Too bad it’s del taco. I think del taco might be the worst fast food chain in existence

These are popping boba, not related to the one they use in tea (tapioca).

Popping Boba consist of water, sugar, fruit juice, calcium lactate, seaweed extract, malic acid, potassium sorbate, coloring, and fruit flavorings

1 Like

so good chance for you do something better than the “worst”. DogmaticStoic Tacos and Taiwanese drinks

2 Likes

The photo makes it look like Salmon eggs. And the “bubbles” I think are a Taiwan idea (from Taichung maybe?)

Exactly, they use the same procedure to make fake salmon eggs/roe, but filled with salt, sugar, fish flavor, fish oil, colorant … the cheap stuff in ‘sushi’ restaurants is not the real thing.

Fake

Real

3 Likes

Actually I’d love to. Maybe when I retire. I’ll bring northern Taiwan the Mexican food it deserves :joy:

But it’s mostly just a day dream

2 Likes

Nice photos, yes sometimes I wonder it’s real. Good reason check what you order at a cheap sushi place. Even in Japan as I grew up, some places are not good (most are good).

Save the fish ! Eat Taiwan sushi !

1 Like

Well with the all people here in different places we can start an international chain/brand. You never know. My family in Hawaii when I visited when I was young said no one outside of Hawaii would be eat “Poke” now I’ve seen it all over Mainland USA, Japan (which is not surprise) and AU/NZ and I saw a place in Berlin (which was a surprise). Mexican-Taiwan fusion maybe less popular in Taipei but maybe will work in EU/AU-NA and the States.

2 Likes

It’s a good point. I think Mexican food can be adapted to taiwanese ingredients actually, but I just need to learn more about the ingredients here

1 Like

We will have open one then franchise it !

2 Likes

You can go try IKEA Vegan fish eggs I got at KHH IKEA not sure all IKEA’ s have it. Was excited to try but not so after (did not finish the bottle).

OK! I Taiwan Taco better than Del Taco (which I think is better than Taco Bell). I tried Taco Bell in Japan, its bit different and also saw some in Shanghai. (I also like Taco Bell Ice Cream in Japan)

https://tacobell.co.jp/home-3#menu

No way - it’s at least better than taco bell. And the nachos are downright delicious. ;D

1 Like

Seems one not too far away in Asia

Seems Del Taco was bought by another USA Fast food company for 16 billion $NT, so even food is not great but brand seems have big value

Tacos a big business now

Seaweed extract, wonder if same as salmon eggs

Sure, they use the same stuff to make fake seaweed, even for the red filling in stuffed olives if they use the fake thing instead of pimientos.

1 Like

Brought one bottle in Europe, thought it was real but should have know by the price (super cheap haha, normal Salmon eggs are cheap by Japan’s prices though). Have not seen fake ones yet (that I know of in Taiwan)

Also on topic we have started operations in Finland/Baltics